Mendez Laing Signs - Official

7 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

The first team as it stands?:- 

BPF

Brennan  Dunkley   Palmer

NML  Dele-B  Luongo  Bannan  Corbeanu 

Windass   Kamberi 

No idea why someone has laughed at this post mate as that is clearly our strongest available eleven once Windass and Mendez-Laing are more up to speed this week.  

It also has the scope for Corbeanu to push forward and make a front 3 with the midfield shuffling over to the left side.    Could be promising 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Great signing, he’s made mistakes in his personal life but who hasn’t , I don’t remember anyone  slagging Bannan off for  crashing his Range Rover while drunk before he had even passed a driving test when we signed him .

Not sure how drunk he was. I think it was more of a case that he couldn't reach the pedals from his booster seat

2 hours ago, JackSWFC said:

Drop the in form striker… is that you Moore-o? Kamberi is the first name on the team sheet today.

Yes, I agree first name after…

Dunkley

Corbeanu,

Luongo,

Bannan,

Palmer,

Shall I go on? All these players have been better over the last few games. Kamberi was APPALLING against Gillingham but scored a tap in from 3 yards that my dead granny could score. He scored a decent goal on Saturday if he meant it and I’m genuinely not sure he did. He’s a decent squad player but Gregory starts over him EVERY time he’s fit for me.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Yes, I agree first name after…

Dunkley

Corbeanu,

Luongo,

Bannan,

Palmer,

Shall I go on? All these players have been better over the last few games. Kamberi was APPALLING against Gillingham but scored a tap in from 3 yards that my dead granny could score. He scored a decent goal on Saturday if he meant it and I’m genuinely not sure he did. He’s a decent squad player but Gregory starts over him EVERY time he’s fit for me.

And how many times has Gregory played terribly, scored a tap in and been voted as MoM by half on here?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sammo said:

I can see the reasoning in this for sure. 

He's not had years in the doldrums like Berahino had - he's had a lay off, yes, but still a reasonable age and an asset for anyone in this league. 

Have we got too many wingers? Absolutely, but; 

- Shodipo isn't our player and hasn't performed to anywhere near the level of expectation. Given the adaptation to the formation Moore probably thinks M-L is a better alternative for us this year, and our player/asset too. 

- It looks like Sylla Sow was a out of the box punt and looks like he'll be let go. 

If we replace those two with one permanent championship standard winger, with experience playing wingback, for less money - I think it's good business. 

If they all continue to occupy the bench for the next 8 months then it's a problem

We don’t replace anyone, they’re all family 

:Chansiri:

1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

And how many times has Gregory played terribly, scored a tap in and been voted as MoM by half on here?

You obviously have you eyes painted on so I’m wasting my time. Gregory’s first touch is outstanding unlike Kamberi’s which makes his second touch a tackle!! Gregory brings much more to the table as his all round game is FAR superior to Kamberi’s. That being said, Kamberi did well on Saturday and against Sunderland. However, on the flip side his performances against Gillingham and Mansfield away were two of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from a striker in a Wednesday shirt and only two tap ins saved him from ridicule of Kim Olsen proportions.

I do think Florian has a part to play this season, especially with our injuries but in my opinion Gregory is a lot better.

Edited by Owlabroad2001
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

You obviously have you eyes painted on so I’m wasting my time. Gregory’s first touch is outstanding unlike Kamberi’s which makes his second touch a tackle!! Gregory brings much more to the table as his all round game is FAR superior to Kamberi’s. That being said, Kamberi did well on Saturday and against Sunderland. However, on the flip side his performances against Gillingham and Mansfield away were two of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from a striker in a Wednesday shirt and only two tap ins saved him from ridicule of Kim Olsen proportions.

I do think Florian has a part to play this season, especially with our injuries but in my opinion Gregory is a lot better.

Ok, you can have your opinion.

Neither have been very good with hold up play this season, both not strong enough to hold off the bigger defenders, both with similar loss of possession stats.

35 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

I think they're different types of player who complement each other. When fit I'd play them both up front. Not either or for me. 

• Like 3

Guest mrbluesky
23 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well that's  cover for centre back then...

2 hours ago, WendyOK said:

Wish someone would make a joke about him playing centre back. 

Funny as Ote that would be ..

Do keep up, Wendy.

1 hour ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I think they're different types of player who complement each other. When fit I'd play them both up front. Not either or for me. 

Interesting. I’m not against this but a fit Windass would start for me. Tonight, I think it should be Gregory with Kamberi.

Guest Jack the Hat
16 hours ago, markg said:

Really?? Which ones?

DC is the reason as to why we are having to take punts on the likes of Mendez-Laing and Berahinho

Bannan, Palmer, Iorfa and Windass attracted Champ interest - Bannan and Windass  were certs to leave in the summer apparently. Hutch is champs quality all day long as is Luongo and Hunt has spent the past few years there. Gregory, BPF, Corbeneau and Wing were also courted by champs clubs. Johnson was signed from the championship. Paterson is an international signed from another champs club. Adeniran and Kamberi are champs standard - IMO. Mendex laing and berhino have both played in the premiership. I don't think either berinho rf Sow can be written off completely yet as their chances have been limited. Dunkley is clearly champs standard. i'm struggling to find players which aren't champ standard. 

Whether people like to admit it or not we have kept hold of the best players and attracted champs players because of DC's support this summer.

If we can't play a tune in league one with this fiddle then the violinist needs shooting.