Mendez Laing Signs - Official

24 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Cardiff mates would have him back in a heartbeat…… Been training with us for over a month …… must have earned the contract offer ……. Perhaps we should give him a chance!

My thinking too. We've obviously seen something in him and to be fair, before his issues did have good pedigree and was capable of performing well in the league above.

If he's been here training and building up his fitness for nothing to earn a contract, fair play to him and potentially ready to go straight away, knowing his team mates and aware of what is required of him on the pitch. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Shocking use of a budget. 

Already had at least 1 maybe 2 wingers too many and go and sign another. 

And another who's no better then what we have. Ridiculous 

We don't know how good Sow is as he has never been given the opportunity - a little bit like Theo before he was actually given some proper game time. 

11 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Isnt he a better Kadeem Harris?

Fingers crossed he couldn't be any worse!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

I thought there was an embargo on us paying any transfer fees, obviously not relevant in November but would restrict who we could sign in the transfer window.

No official embargo, just self imposed I guess.

We paid transfer fees for Gregory and Byers and loan fee for BPF too.

2 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

if we cancel a season long loan like shodipo or lewis can we make further loan signings at the back? Just wondering if there's sense to bringing in available permanent signings up the field like Laing then bringing in loans at the back while we have injuries

Can't do anything in the loan market until Jan and have 7 games between now and then.

Imagine Mendez Laing can play in one of the wing back positions and it would allow us to play Brown/Hunt in the back three positions if our current trend of injured defenders continues.

It's just another body and he's had a decent career despite the recent set backs.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Non of the wingers except corbeanu have impressed have they, corbeanu on the left and Mendez Laing on the right might be good for us

Yes that’s what I’m thinking,  we (currently) play a 352 with the wide players encouraged to get forward a lot (see Corbeanu, he does more attacking than defending) so I’d imagine it will be the same with NML on the right side.  He’ll be better than Hunt or Paterson there anyway 

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Like 2

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

That would be typical when I've just started a Sow thread.

The swines!

Another bad boy for us to reform. 

To be hoped the groundsman don't still use lime on their lines...

You reap what you sow mi'lord