Mendez Laing Signs - Official

6 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Bannan, Palmer, Iorfa and Windass attracted Champ interest - Bannan and Windass  were certs to leave in the summer apparently. Hutch is champs quality all day long as is Luongo and Hunt has spent the past few years there. Gregory, BPF, Corbeneau and Wing were also courted by champs clubs. Johnson was signed from the championship. Paterson is an international signed from another champs club. Adeniran and Kamberi are champs standard - IMO. Mendex laing and berhino have both played in the premiership. I don't think either berinho rf Sow can be written off completely yet as their chances have been limited. Dunkley is clearly champs standard. i'm struggling to find players which aren't champ standard. 

Whether people like to admit it or not we have kept hold of the best players and attracted champs players because of DC's support this summer.

If we can't play a tune in league one with this fiddle then the violinist needs shooting.

Personally, I think that the difference in ability between lower Championship and upper League 1 is a lot smaller than some think, with some crossover.

A lot of the higher teams in League 1 could probably survive in the Champ this season, Plymouth and Rotherham for example. 

You could probably interchange the bottom 5-6 with the top 6 without much difference in results.

Most of our players were from the bottom of the Championship or past it a bit, so at about our level. The only one of the above who played regularly any higher than that last season was Sow.

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

Personally, I think that the difference in ability between lower Championship and upper League 1 is a lot smaller than some think, with some crossover.

A lot of the higher teams in League 1 could probably survive in the Champ this season, Plymouth and Rotherham for example. 

You could probably interchange the bottom 5-6 with the top 6 without much difference in results.

Most of our players were from the bottom of the Championship or past it a bit, so at about our level. The only one of the above who played regularly any higher than that last season was Sow.

Bannan, Palmer, Iorfa, Hutch, Luongo and Windass have proven they are not bottom of champs. I don't think Corbeneau, Adeniran and Kamberi are either. Or Laing mendez.

11 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Bannan, Palmer, Iorfa, Hutch, Luongo and Windass have proven they are not bottom of champs. I don't think Corbeneau, Adeniran and Kamberi are either. Or Laing mendez.

They got relegated last season, quite literally at the bottom of the Champ.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

They got relegated last season, quite literally at the bottom of the Champ.

They played for a team which got relegated, not the same thing

Guest Jack the Hat
Just now, Tewkesbury said:

So how else do you define it?

It's exactly the same thing. If they were better players, we'd still be up there or they'd be at better teams.

They should be at better teams but DC has managed to hang onto them. That was my point in the first place. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

They should be at better teams but DC has managed to hang onto them. That was my point in the first place. Thanks.

But why should they, they can't even beat Morecambe.

Most of them were relegated last season, even without the point deduction they would have been near the bottom. The others were bit part players or surplus to requirements. 

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

But why should they, they can't even beat Morecambe.

Most of them were relegated last season, even without the point deduction they would have been near the bottom. The others were bit part players or surplus to requirements. 

I’ll stop banging my head against the wall.