Mendez Laing Signs - Official

37 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Can't do anything in the loan market until Jan and have 7 games between now and then.

Imagine Mendez Laing can play in one of the wing back positions and it would allow us to play Brown/Hunt in the back three positions if our current trend of injured defenders continues.

It's just another body and he's had a decent career despite the recent set backs.

Brown and Hunt in a back three would 

be a disaster 

• Like 2

Guest Jack the Hat

DC has certainly supported Moore in the transfer market this year. Half the squad has or should be in the championship. If we can't go up with this lot something is wrong.

3 hours ago, Matt_1 said:

I absolutely love this club.

> Be Wednesday
> Have 100 attackers on the books.

> Manager does an interview
> Talks about a secret CB we are trying to sign
> ????

> Sign an attacker.

Mate it's called deceiving the press! They all look at possible centre halves, wallop, in comes our 16th new winger. We all talk about our 16th new winger, wallop, in comes a centre half (that can walk). 

UTO!

Until Corbeanu clicked we looked to really miss that bit of extra quality. The type that Marshall and Antonio gave us. NML is the kind of player that could give us similar and he was excellent at Cardiff before his issues. But then again I felt that way about Berahino so will reserve judgement. All the best to him. 

• Like 1

Last week DM said we were unbalanced, so he signs another winger.

We play a system based on three CBs when we have only one fit (Dunkley) and an inexperienced youngster (Brennan).

Not the best preparation when playing two rivals in the next five days, but maybe it will make mean we play on the front foot which is what we need to do to win matches. 

I can see the reasoning in this for sure. 

He's not had years in the doldrums like Berahino had - he's had a lay off, yes, but still a reasonable age and an asset for anyone in this league. 

Have we got too many wingers? Absolutely, but; 

- Shodipo isn't our player and hasn't performed to anywhere near the level of expectation. Given the adaptation to the formation Moore probably thinks M-L is a better alternative for us this year, and our player/asset too. 

- It looks like Sylla Sow was a out of the box punt and looks like he'll be let go. 

If we replace those two with one permanent championship standard winger, with experience playing wingback, for less money - I think it's good business. 

If they all continue to occupy the bench for the next 8 months then it's a problem

• Like 3