Your lifetime eleven.

Best keeper I’ve seen for Wednesday is Scott Carson. Only here for short time but kept us up on his own. Iain Turner was also decent around that time. 

For consistency, Martin Hodge. Westwood not far behind either, when fit. 

16 minutes ago, vulva said:

Best keeper I’ve seen for Wednesday is Scott Carson. Only here for short time but kept us up on his own. Iain Turner was also decent around that time. 

For consistency, Martin Hodge. Westwood not far behind either, when fit. 

Thought Lee Grant was underrated too. Not in the class as those mentioned but very solid for us. 

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood 

Buxton

Loovens

Bougherra

Reda Johnson

Antonio

Bannan

Lee

Brunt

Forestieri

Hooper

Very close to mine

Id just change Buxton for Hunt in his first stint, just ahead of Simek before his injury that ruined him

Pudil at left back his first season

The rest the same.
How depressing looking at some of the other sides on this post!

On 10/11/2021 at 20:41, vulva said:

Chris Woods isn’t in our top 5 keepers never mind best ever side. He was dogger for us. 

I'm with you on this, and a penalty save in a league game Vs Arsenal will always be outweighed by laying down in the 120th minute to a Linighan header. 

1 hour ago, Birstall Owl said:

I'm with you on this, and a penalty save in a league game Vs Arsenal will always be outweighed by laying down in the 120th minute to a Linighan header. 

It wasn't just the mistakes in the big games, he looked shocking on crosses from day 1, either cost or nearly cost us loads of goals that way. Disgraceful to say he was England's keeper. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

It was enjoyable to read through the teams.

It would seem that Palmer and Sheridan are like M&S, B&Q, H&M and other great partnerships..

It shows how good they were as a midfield pair that Tony Kay and Gary Shelton barely get a mention.

Just been reading one of these old football groups on Facebook and they put a picture of Palmer up and of course he got slaughtered by everyone saying he was the worse player to ever play for England etc and it always makes me angry and then laugh. I think he always got tainted by the Graham Taylor era with England and these people probably never saw him play for Wednesday. Sky was in its infancy and we were on ITV once live in 91/92 despite coming third!!! 

The fact that he is is so many of these Wednesday teams show that those who saw him week in week out realised how tremendous he was.

I'd have to go off what I saw in the flesh on a regular basis and what I can recall properly...unfortunately, most of that is down in the Championship and League One. Seeing Waddle and co batter Ipswich when I was about 6 doesn't really stick in the memory all that much tbh. 

So...

Westwood 

Buxton 

Loovens

Lees

Pudil 

Bannan 

Lee 

Whelan 

Brunt 

Forestieri 

Hooper 

6 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Very close to mine

Id just change Buxton for Hunt in his first stint, just ahead of Simek before his injury that ruined him

Pudil at left back his first season

The rest the same.
How depressing looking at some of the other sides on this post!

Pudil ahead of Reda on ability, but for cult hero status, goal threat and love for the shirt I had to go for big Reda.