Waddle Hirst Carbone

Carson

Pearson

Warhurst

Marwood

Bannister

Shelton

Anderson

Picked on players ive seen, i know Jonk will not be on many lists, but i can onky go on his first season with us and he was a class above everyone else , stick him in a 3 with the other two and thats as good combination in the middle. 

International 11, unlikeky to be picked in most teams

Srnicek

Harkes

Stefanovic

Gardner

Hinchcliffe 

Ingersson Jonnson Pembridge 

Chamberlain Fletcher Blinker 

Subs

Price

Sterland 

Petrescu

De Gryse

Wilson

Nuhiu

Gooch cant spell him name US centrehalf 

Drenthe

36 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

International 11, unlikeky to be picked in most teams

Srnicek

Harkes

Stefanovic

Gardner

Hinchcliffe 

Ingersson Jonnson Pembridge 

Chamberlain Fletcher Blinker 

Subs

Price

Sterland 

Petrescu

De Gryse

Wilson

Nuhiu

Gooch cant spell him name US centrehalf 

Drenthe

Is that Mark Chamberlain? The one who played for England, England u21’s, England youth and England schoolboys.

43 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Is that Mark Chamberlain? The one who played for England, England u21’s, England youth and England schoolboys.

That be the one and as ive picked a team of  full internationals who ate unlikely to be picked in anybodys all time 11, i could just have easily picked Sinton in that team 

Kevin Pressman

Roland Mel Nilsson Sterland 

Nigel Worthington 

Mike Lyons 

Nigel Pearson 

Carlton Palmer 

Terry Curran 

John Sheridan 

David Hirst 

Paulo DiCanio 

Chris Waddle 

Subs Chris Woods, Peter Shirtcliff, Des Walker, Gary Megson, Imre Varadi. 

Impossible to split Nilsson and Sterland, Nilsson was a more gifted player but Sterland would and did run through brick walls for club.  

2 hours ago, Wednesday Fan said:

Surprised players like Andy McCulloch, John Ritchie and Wilf Smith hardly feature. At the time they were great players. Guess it’s the age gap thing !!

UTO

Loved Andy Mac, he scored the first ever Wednesday goal I saw in the flesh, but in all honesty he's never going to get into anybody's genuine all time best XIs, probably only nostalgic ones or people deliberately trying to pick a different player to anybody else. As targetman type strikers, Chapman and Bright were twice the player he was and they did it in the top flight as well - and they're not in many people's teams either. 

14 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

That be the one and as ive picked a team of  full internationals who ate unlikely to be picked in anybodys all time 11, i could just have easily picked Sinton in that team 

Sorry mate, misread your post. I took international to mean foreign. 

16 hours ago, alanharper said:

Loved Andy Mac, he scored the first ever Wednesday goal I saw in the flesh, but in all honesty he's never going to get into anybody's genuine all time best XIs, probably only nostalgic ones or people deliberately trying to pick a different player to anybody else. As targetman type strikers, Chapman and Bright were twice the player he was and they did it in the top flight as well - and they're not in many people's teams either. 

Like you I loved to see him play. Yes Chapman and Bright were better footballers but the nostalgia took hold when I thought of them - nearly mentioned Brian Joicey too!

Be nice to see big Andy play today against Gillingham.

UTO