Westwood. What did he say?

So much flouncery here. 

There are players who would play through pain and those who won't, it's always been the same. 

The players who will run through brick walls will gladly take an injection or a sea of anti-inflamms to get on the pitch. 

What it does show though is that Carlos clearly didn't think the squad depth was good enough, so he had to continue using those players (and no doubt pushing them and medical dept behind the scenes). 

I don't recall any outcry when Carlos threw Will Buckley back on with a suspected dislocated shoulder. I seem to remember many thought it was hilarious. 

Edited by Owls2k
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

So much flouncery here. 

There are players who would play through pain and those who won't, it's always been the same. 

The players who will run through brick walls will gladly take an injection or a sea of anti-inflamms to get on the pitch. 

What it does show though is that Carlos clearly didn't think the squad depth was good enough, so he had to continue using those players (and no doubt pushing them and medical dept behind the scenes). 

I don't recall any outcry when Carlos threw Will Buckley back on with a suspected dislocated shoulder. I seem to remember many thought it was hilarious. 

I remember that, absolutely bonkers. Literally pushed him back onto the field with his arm in a makeshift sling barely able to jog about. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Just going to recorrect this for balance 

He said that Pato, Bannan and Hutch are the types of players that will always make themselves available to play if they are anything above 70% fit 

He then said in the promotion season (which amused me that he called it that by mistake) there players were playing with injections and Baz was playing with a badly bruised foot maybe even a broken metatarsal 

i think his point was there are some players who will play through pain, there are some who won’t…and his gave some great context as to those who will and did. It came of the back of him saying Hutch will play anywhere for the team and will play injured if needed

Hopefully ends the myth that some believed (why i don't know, and tbh it probably wont) that he's picked and chosen when he's available. 

It's probably due to him wanting to play at 70% or less that he's suffered so many set backs too. Almost needs someone to hold him back from himself at times. 

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Hopefully ends the myth that some believed (why i don't know, and tbh it probably wont) that he's picked and chosen when he's available. 

It's probably due to him wanting to play at 70% or less that he's suffered so many set backs too. Almost needs someone to hold him back from himself at times. 

I think the issue with Hutch has come from the fact he doesn’t want to train at times to protect himself - but then makes himself available for games

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Yeah definitely 

I actually enjoyed it, but I can imagine it didn’t work so well if you weren’t also watching the game yourself 

Yeah if i had been watching on ifollow , it would have been irritating. Its like when you're at Hillsborough and somebody near by is rattling to their mates about sod all to do with the game, and everyone has to endure it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sage owl said:

I suggest you have a look at the table for group f of the Europa league.

i cant be arsed , not remotely interested in european football . he has had 19 jobs tell me over 20 plus year why is that? and what has he won ? . he was given stupid money by a foolish man who got the wrong manager and wrong advisers and thats why we are a mid league 1 club instead of having promotion to premier league .  i dont give 2 hoots who he is smooth talking to and how many more jobs he gets , he might get into the guiness book of records by time he is done for the most managers jobs at least he will have won something worthwhile 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, morganowl said:

i cant be arsed , not remotely interested in european football . he has had 19 jobs tell me over 20 plus year why is that? and what has he won ? . he was given stupid money by a foolish man who got the wrong manager and wrong advisers and thats why we are a mid league 1 club instead of having promotion to premier league .  i dont give 2 hoots who he is smooth talking to and how many more jobs he gets , he might get into the guiness book of records by time he is done for the most managers jobs at least he will have won something worthwhile 

So now our predicament is down to the chairman and his advisors, a few posts ago you said it was all down to Carlos make your mind up man .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sage owl said:

So now our predicament is down to the chairman and his advisors, a few posts ago you said it was all down to Carlos make your mind up man .

its all 3 you know it i know it . we can agree to disagree regards carlos . all i know is no manager will ever get a massive pot like he did certainly not in the next few years anyways . 

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

its all 3 you know it i know it . we can agree to disagree regards carlos . all i know is no manager will ever get a massive pot like he did certainly not in the next few years anyways . 

Ever thought he might have done better if he’d had the choice of where to spend the money. Jordan Rhodes certainly wasn’t his choice and I doubt he’d ever heard of David Jones or George Boyd.

And he didn’t negotiate the contracts. DC and Paxo are the ones that landed us with the debt and the points deduction.

• Like 2

On 03/11/2021 at 02:24, adamwestsleftear said:

I found it alarming.

we used to wonder why we had so many injuries. now we know why...

I never imagined players were injecting and playing through pain so often ,surely just doing untold long term damage.

could understand it for say a playoff semi but not as a standard practise.

loved Carlos and his time but this is grim..and explains a lot.

I hope it's stopped .

we have enough options and surely getting people healed and fit is going to produce higher quality performances ...

if you remember the whole physio dept. was 'let go' (paul smith etc) .... this was because they (loudly) expressed their disapproval of what was going on and this is also why 'crocks' like hooper,lee etc had their careers cut short. carlos was not the nice guy he was made out to be !  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/11/2021 at 15:49, McRightSide said:

Also listened back to the comments on injections 

Nowhere near as dramatic as made to sound in this thread

He said Paterson, Bannan, Hutchinson and some others I can’t recall were examples of players who if they were anything about 70% would make themselves available to play if needed 

He went on to say that in the promotion season that players had loads of injections and Bannan played with a badly bruised foot or even a broken metatarsal 

I didn’t hear anything in there that isn’t commonplace at clubs up and down the country (and probably still ours)

But yeah. Booooo Carlos

Wasn't it the same with FF and his dodgy knee?

Should've had physio treatment on his injury but decided to play on with injections to try and help the team with the promotion push even though he was advised he could potentially be out longer by doing so, ended up with an operation and months out the season after. 

Or have I dreamt that? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

Wasn't it the same with FF and his dodgy knee?

Should've had physio treatment on his injury but decided to play on with injections to try and help the team with the promotion push even though he was advised he could potentially be out longer by doing so, ended up with an operation and months out the season after. 

Or have I dreamt that? 

That approach, if it was that, certainly hampered or nearly ended a certain Mr Lee's career.

• Like 1

On 03/11/2021 at 02:24, adamwestsleftear said:

I found it alarming.

we used to wonder why we had so many injuries. now we know why...

I never imagined players were injecting and playing through pain so often ,surely just doing untold long term damage.

could understand it for say a playoff semi but not as a standard practise.

loved Carlos and his time but this is grim..and explains a lot.

I hope it's stopped .

we have enough options and surely getting people healed and fit is going to produce higher quality performances ...

I posted on here at the time that this was the case and that Carlos was ignoring his medical teams advice ,  as with most things you post you get shot down , just like the poster who mentioned what they had heard about Hutchinson,  I believe what has been said personally.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

I posted on here at the time that this was the case and that Carlos was ignoring his medical teams advice ,  as with most things you post you get shot down , just like the poster who mentioned what they had heard about Hutchinson,  I believe what has been said personally.

I remember

Thing is I think people shoot others down out of pure absolute jealousy that they don't know this stuff

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I remember

Thing is I think people shoot others down out of pure absolute jealousy that they don't know this stuff

I think we all agree about what happened ..

players regularly taking injections and playing when injured ..which leaded to long term injuries..and was extreme even in the context of football in general .

players even having to get governing bodies to prtrrct them for Carlos forcing them to play injured..

some might want to pretend it's fine but it doesn't change the reality ..or the consequences they we have seen.

I'm pro managers when they are here and very loyal to them ..

but I hope we learn from this..I suspect we have as Moore assembled a larger squad and is giving breaks when performances drop..

for his quirks at least the players are bring looked after now ..

5 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Carlos doesn't have the final say on whether players are fit or not, or whether they have injections, that the player and they can only have injections if they consent. 

• Like 1