Westwood. What did he say?

Can’t remember the finer details but he spoke very very highly of his time at Wednesday and came across as a really sound bloke. 

He really sang the praises of Steve Bruce and said how fit the team was and how much running Bruce had them doing and that if Bruce hadn’t gone to Newcastle we’d have gone up that year. He said the fitness levels faded not long after Bruce left. 

Spoke highly of Bannan and Palmer too and how his kids are now hooked on Wednesday. 

He’s currently training with Crewe and keeping fit ready for when he gets a call. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, adamwestsleftear said:

he said Palmer has a broken nose since the last game .

and is a lovey guy ..

says that nuhui has a deceptive pace 

And was a skilful player who would've won more free kicks if he wasn't so honest.

Said he wished he (Westwood) was still at the club

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, EasyPeez said:

I thought his answer to the question about Hutchinson’s injury was rather oblique...or maybe I’m just paranoid!? 

i thought very similar - I hope hutch is all ok, as he has had mental health issues in the past sometimes it’s not always a physical injury 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, darra said:

What did he say?

Someone else correct me if I’ve got the wording wrong, but it was along the lines of -

“what’s the latest on Sam’s injury situation; can we expect to see him back in the squad soon?”

Westwood - “Well I...er...it’s not really my place to divulge secrets”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adamwestsleftear said:

he said that the team under Carlos used to 'regulary take injections and play at 70% and through the pain with bad bruising.

he mentioned bannan specifically in this regard ..

at least we know why we had so many injuries 

Christ.

No wonder it came off the tracks in the third season under CC.

We had so many injuries in that season. So many long term injuries too. Guys like Hooper, Lee etc., wouldn't play again for 12 to 18 months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Christ.

No wonder it came off the tracks in the third season under CC.

We had so many injuries in that season. So many long term injuries too. Guys like Hooper, Lee etc., wouldn't play again for 12 to 18 months.

I found it alarming.

we used to wonder why we had so many injuries. now we know why...

I never imagined players were injecting and playing through pain so often ,surely just doing untold long term damage.

could understand it for say a playoff semi but not as a standard practise.

loved Carlos and his time but this is grim..and explains a lot.

I hope it's stopped .

we have enough options and surely getting people healed and fit is going to produce higher quality performances ...

• Like 4