Come back 🙏 all is forgiven!

I thought he’d have done ok in L1. As has been said there are loads of carbon copies of him already in L1, mainly because that what L1 actually requires. To be fair, we could have signed an equivalent version in the close season  I’m sure. Maybe instead of one of our unused wingers maybe? 

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Was watching one of our old matches the other day. When we had Fletcher, Pelupessy, Lees, Fox, Murphy, Forestieri, Reach.

Made me laugh when I thought how everyone was convinced a while back that we have a better team now. 🤣

I think people were comparing the side this season to the one last season. Which I’d argue on paper is very similar in terms of ability. I’d even argue we’ve got more balance with this squad.

Murphy, Fletcher, Fox and Forestieri weren’t with us last season. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BadBoy1762 said:

Never in a month of Sundays did I ever imagine I'd say this but.......

Bloody hell I'd take Joey Pelupessy back right now!

one of the worst footballers I've seen in a wednesday shirt but looking back now, god dam he got stuck in and made life difficult for opponents, never stopped running and left everything out on the pitch! 

That no frills 'in ya face' battling mentality is completely missing from our current team.

images.jpeg

Please do yourself a favour and stop drinking. NOW! 

You’ve had more than enough for one day Sir.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think people were comparing the side this season to the one last season. Which I’d argue on paper is very similar in terms of ability. I’d even argue we’ve got more balance with this squad.

Had we gone into this season with the likes of Reach, Pelupessy and Lees. I think we would have been better off. But I take your point.

Edited by pazowl55
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, BadBoy1762 said:

Never in a month of Sundays did I ever imagine I'd say this but.......

Bloody hell I'd take Joey Pelupessy back right now!

one of the worst footballers I've seen in a wednesday shirt but looking back now, god dam he got stuck in and made life difficult for opponents, never stopped running and left everything out on the pitch! 

That no frills 'in ya face' battling mentality is completely missing from our current team.

images.jpeg

20211030233532.jpg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Had we gone into this season with the likes of Reach, Pelupessy and Lees. I think we would have been better off. But I take your point.

Yeah a fully motivated Lees and Reach walk into the side.

I think we replaced Pelupessy with better quality in midfield. Not seen the best of Wing or Adenarin yet though under Moore. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You could argue we are better of now in the attacking department than we were last season. Or we should be.

We lost Rhodes, Kachunga, Harris and Reach.

Brought in Gregory, Kamberi, Berahino, Shodipo, Johnson, Corbeanu and Sow.

7 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

All 3 would have played every game this season.

Never understood the pre-season belief that we’ve a better squad than last season. Some players have flickered and flattered to deceive, such as BPF, Adeniran and Gregory, but they aren’t as good as the 20/21 “vintage”, and that was a very bad year.

• Like 1