Darren Moore Post match comments

16 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

No. I've not made any statements about the managers or anyone else's dishonesty thanks.

You're not happy with the performances, you're confused by Moore's actions; and you're right, he can't defend that or dress it up any other way because it's there for all to see!

So you're getting on your high horse and calling out folk who you basically agree with?? Weird.

Sweet mother of jeesus you’re hard work.

I agree with a growing number of fans that DM is struggling to get performances.

I don’t agree that he has said much wrong in today’s post match interview and I don’t see what he could have realistically said differently to satisfy the fans who object to what he said and who will seemingly criticise him whatever he says. 

Why is that so difficult for you to understand?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Nice comment given the issues faced with dementia by some ex professional footballers. Classy

What doesn’t make sense from what DM said today? What would you have said instead or what would you want him to say?

There’s no reference to dementia in what I’m saying. That’s purely your interpretation.

My point is, he talks a lot of quantity without a lot of quality. My worry is that his poor, incoherent interviews with the media are reflective of his communication to the team.

Today's interview was as embarrassing as the performance.

Endless platitudes and cliches, with absolutely no substance.

He sounded like a bloke who was floundering in his first ever job interview.

"So Darren, can you tell us about a time when you changed your approach, to overcome a challenge"

"Well yeah, no, yeah, erm... I looked at the situation and well erm, I understood what needed to be done, erm, I knew I needed impetus, erm, I decided to throw caution to the wind..erm...."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Agree. Absolutely no insight into any real specifics. Either he can't articulate the specific negatives and positives or he doesn't know exactly what the issues are.

To be fair - most modern day managers speak like this. They speak a lot but say nothing.

Most do, yes, but I heard Warnes interview.  I know it's easier when you've won, but it was insightful, honest and interesting. He spoke of two incidents where he was angry with his own players (after they won 3-0 away!). Win or lose his analysis of the game is interesting and totally different to Moore's inane comments which are always the same. I believe we have good players and someone like Warne would have us easily in the top two if we played on the front foot and stopped giving too much respect to the likes of Cambridge  and Lincoln.

2 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Most do, yes, but I heard Warnes interview.  I know it's easier when you've won, but it was insightful, honest and interesting. He spoke of two incidents where he was angry with his own players (after they won 3-0 away!). Win or lose his analysis of the game is interesting and totally different to Moore's inane comments which are always the same. I believe we have good players and someone like Warne would have us easily in the top two if we played on the front foot and stopped giving too much respect to the likes of Cambridge  and Lincoln.

Agree.

I've had five promotions in my career and the only way you create that fear factor is by winning games.

So... If he means we need to create a fear factor for the opposition then win some games . 

If he means we have the fear factor then he must mean that the opposition have been winning games and we have the fear factor.... Not been the case in any recent games. 

If he doesn't mean either then what does he mean. 

Have his 5 promotions been as manager? Don't think so. 

There are too many negatives going on and it needs a proper motivator to get the best out of the current players. Darren Moore is not the right man. 

In my opinion. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Sweet mother of jeesus you’re hard work.

I agree with a growing number of fans that DM is struggling to get performances.

I don’t agree that he has said much wrong in today’s post match interview and I don’t see what he could have realistically said differently to satisfy the fans who object to what he said and who will seemingly criticise him whatever he says. 

Why is that so difficult for you to understand?  

No I'm not. You don't know me and I don't know you so don't try the patronising, bullying, tack with me kid, it doesn't work.

Stop showboating with the kids on the end of the street it's very tiresome.

A worrying comment Moore made was that he thought we threw caution to the wind in the 87th minute by having Shodipo and Corbeau on.  

To me I think it was more like an attacking set up, something we should have done from kickoff.  

Throwing caution to the window imo would be throwing the kitchen sink at them, everybody in the box, launching balls forward.  

Moore is certainly looking at things like a defender.  

• Like 1

I just don't get DM at all. He wants to win, he wants to create a fear factor here....... 

So why play 5 at the back with only 1 centre half? Why have 66 wide attackers and never play any. Why can he not drive a plan? Why can he not influence a game? Why are his changes reactive/why is he scared of going after teams and getting them on the back foot. Making them unsure of their own game plan. Doesn't matter if you don't score straight away. Get the fight out of them in the first half. 

Instead he puts square pegs in round holes, it took us at least 25mins for the players to get to grips with our own formation and plan. Without evening thinking of getting on top of Lincoln. 

It was a flat poor performance. Somehow we got a goal (undeserved) but then failed to build on that. If you discount the 5 mins after. He was gonna make a chnage before we scored. Bottled it once we did and game soon settled into the same pattern. 

It's horrendous. 

I really thought he'd done a good job with the squad, but he's not utilising it. Does every manager lose the plot, cos all ours seem to. It's frightening. 

I thought we'd play a build from the back but attack teams with the players he'd brought in. How wrong can it be. He started that, but failed to mix it up instead of constantly play from the back. After that it's gone completely pear shaped. We've barely put a 45min together, never mind a full game. At this stage of the season that's worrying.  

It says it all when home fans cannot tell you the lineup or the formation once the lineup is in or guess how we want to go about winning the game. 

We should be putting an attacking side out, going after teams for the first 25 mins. If we get in front great. If not try a few different things to test the response. Then at half time, make a change and plan based on what we've seen. Then even if we don't win, Put them under so much pressure they come out of hillsborough knowing they've bloody scrapped for 95 mins. 

I know that sounds like Carlos and he had better players and went bat poo crazy, but his initial plan was solid. 

If you don't have beasts in a side, be a team of scrappers, don't give em a minute.  If they like possession, give them wingers to deal with that run at them and make they worry about defending. If they wanna push up, mixed it up with some balls behind. 

We just seem to pass it around (and run out of ideas after about 5 passes) then lose it. We are scared to use the ball. I really don't know what he's doing. 

I agree that managers like Warne and Lowe are refreshing, and more honest in responses and even nativity to try to impose your own game plan. I wish we had that. 

To be honest out of it all I'm more disappointed in myself. I always have hope come game day, right up until kick off (even after seeing those line ups). When will I ever learn!!!! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Littleowl74 said:

I want him to address some of the issues. Tell us why he doesn’t pick the same side every week(injuries aside) . Why did he buy wingers and not play them etc. Address the questions people are asking. He must have a rational for these things. Maybe people MIGHT be a bit more tolerable if there are genuine reasons and not just that he is clueless. (Which is the obvious conclusion we are all fast coming too) 

He was asked that question last week.

His reply was he looks at the oppositions strengths and weaknesses and he picks the players and formation to beat it.

He made it very clear he refuses to stick to the same players/ same formation each week.

He likes to keep the opposition guessing.

2 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

His reply was he looks at the oppositions strengths and weaknesses and he picks the players and formation to beat it.

He made it very clear he refuses to stick to the same players/ same formation each week.

I think he keeps our players guessing.

1 minute ago, sheffsteel said:

Ta. I missed that interview. Unfortunately it looks like it keeps the players guessing as well. It’s clearly not working so he needs to change it  or it may well be his downfall. 

• Like 1

Two things stood out for me in his Andy Giddings interview.

1) He implied some players wouldn’t have played if it for the injury situation. Was Dunkley one of these? You would assume so.

2) He made a point of stating we didn’t sit back after we scored ( which to be fair we didn’t) I took this as he has seen criticism of this tactic and he changed this.