Darren Moore Post match comments

21 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

We just look so fragile in defence. We literally gift opponents opportunities over and over again

We have the 3rd best defence in the league...but you are right we look reyt dodgy. Nearly every game we could and should have conceded more goals.

But don't.

So why not be more adventurous, take more chances going foreward...the oppos are not going to punish every mistake because they are not good enough to do so...it's the 3rd division.

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

We have the 3rd best defence in the league...but you are right we look reyt dodgy. Nearly every game we could and should have conceded more goals.

But don't.

So why not be more adventurous, take more chances going foreward...the oppos are not going to punish every mistake because they are not good enough to do so...it's the 3rd division.

Half of the time it's because we are so deep and have so much emphasis on playing from the back that we concede chances anyway, the one we gifted Lincoln first half yesterday a prime example. Ditch the back 5, stop trying to play like a Pep team in its prime and get some attackers on who want to run at defenders. 

5 minutes ago, Bradway Owl said:

I am sorry to say that he comes over as thick. It is like listening to Diane Abbott repeating the same line over and over again. 

if he comes over as a sandwich short of a picnic to me how is he going to get any respect from his players. 

Stay classy mate.

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

To be honest I doubt DC has any idea when to sack a manager.  He doesn't seem to know too much about football.

I've no idea how or when he would sack one of the managers in his company.  He probably leaves it to others.

He treasures loyalty as one of his main morals and expect it in return.  Like keeping Carlos on too long in relation to what other chairman would.  Like he has done with other managers.  But then gets angry when others don't show him the respect like Bruce and Pulis.   I don't even know if he has seen one of our matches this season as he's probably in Thailand.  He has shown Moore a lot of trust by investing in 14 or so players.

I still doubt that he knows that it's a results based industry and only gets involved when someone tells him that the fans arn't happy.

You have picked up on one trait here - loyalty.

I know this is true with Mr Chansiri, and I had hoped it would be a good thing in an owner because typically the stance in football is sack managers early.

People may pick up I say "Mr Chansiri" - that's also respect, which I think is needed despite us being fans and having an emotional attachment to this club.

I also think you picking up on loyalty by Mr Chansiri is true also.

It's a hard compromise to make things work in this respect.  Either he gets hard nosed, or he goes in full blown family - no compromise either way - and we know that that "family" solution doesn't work.   

It's time to get hard nosed and lose the loyalty aspect.

2 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I know this is true with Mr Chansiri, and I had hoped it would be a good thing in an owner because typically the stance in football is sack managers early.

People may pick up I say "Mr Chansiri" - that's also respect, which I think is needed despite us being fans and having an emotional attachment to this club.

It's a hard compromise to make things work in this respect.  Either he gets hard nosed, or he goes in full blown family - no compromise either way - and we know that that "family" solution doesn't work.   

No the family thing doesn't work.  He got lucky with Carlos (and it was far too expensive)

But I also think Mandaric got lucky with Dave Jones.  Although Manderic seemed to know a lot about football and had a LOT of connections.

9 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

To be honest I doubt DC has any idea when to sack a manager.  He doesn't seem to know too much about football.

I've no idea how or when he would sack one of the managers in his company.  He probably leaves it to others.

He treasures loyalty as one of his main morals and expects it in return.  Like keeping Carlos on too long in relation to what other chairman would.  Like he has done with other managers.  But then gets angry when others don't show him the respect like Bruce and Pulis.   I don't even know if he has seen one of our matches this season as he's probably in Thailand.  He has shown Moore a lot of trust by investing in 14 or so players.

I still doubt that he knows that it's a results based industry and only gets involved when someone tells him that the fans arn't happy.

Season tickets will go on sale in January.

If Moore is still in charge and we are still serving up the type of performances that we have so far this season, then it could be a huge wake up call to him.

I agree he doesn’t seem to know that much about football but I’m sure he’ll know plenty about losing money and low early bird sales might force his hand. Sadly I think if we wait until January before we make a managerial change our season could be all but over.

This season has a deja-vu feel to it of 2004-05. Interesting turn over of players, the emergence of a few younger players but lackluster performances that led to a mid-season managerial change from the out of his depth Chris Turner to the interesting appointment of former Plymouth Argyle manager Paul Sturrock, who guided them to back to back promotions, and memorably somehow revitalised us in leading us into the play offs.

After the signings we made, I expected slightly more than lackluster error strewn negative performances. Time looks to be running out for Darren Moore and the time has come to ambitiously bring in an more attack minded manager like Ryan Lowe at Plymouth Argyle.

Darren Moore despite being backed and being willed to succeed, after the difficulties on and off the pitch of previous seasons. He talked a good game but a third of the way into the season, it says it all when he still doesn't seem to know his best starting eleven, chopping and changing every game and we seem to have no identity as a team. The weaknesses of previous seasons still haven't been addressed with lapses of concentration, conceding late goals and a lack of goals, worryingly still being our downfall. 

8 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

If Chansiri is expecting loyalty, he’s in the wrong business.

I think he was probably quite naive when he bought Wednesday with his outlook on the football industry and as such I think numerous players and agents have had his pants down on numerous occasions.

I bet they saw him coming a mile off.

5 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

No the family thing doesn't work.  He got lucky with Carlos (and it was far too expensive)

But I also think Mandaric got lucky with Dave Jones.  Although Manderic seemed to know a lot about football and had a LOT of connections.

Mandaric had been there and done it a few times.

Right now I absolutely think that we could revisit Megson right now.

On 23/10/2021 at 13:11, Screen Door Slams said:

DM on individual mistakes ,

We are all out there together. It is not just one individual.

We will get back in on Monday morning and work.

We will try to put these errors that we are making right.

We have to keep believing. You keep that commitment and try and find more of that commitment.

I want to make this season a real positive one. It seems like a stop-start. We have to go and get it. You won't hear me every blame one individual ever.

DM on mentality,

We are trying to build a team and bring the team together as one.

There are many questions being asked.

All I want to do is win games.

Winning games is the most important thing.

We have drawn the game today. We have to look at what we need to do more to get the three points.

DM on results,

You get the win and when it comes, it is usually a scrappy win.

We have to aim to get that win and build from there.

We have got ourselves into positions where we are staying in games.

What we have got to do is force the issue.

You have got to keep working.

No excuse. I am aware of what has gone here. I am working here night and day to change things.

Have the boos affected the team?

I can only speak as me as a player. The boos was a driving stick for me.................??????????????????????

DM on changes to the game,

We had to juggle the pack today.

There were players out there that we wanted to play again today but we had one or two concerns.

There were moments in the game we could have capitalised on more.

DM on turning things around,

My job is to change it up and that's exactly what I am doing.

I want to win.

The boos are because the fans want to see us win.

The 92 clubs in the league want to win. I want to win and the players want to win. We are not a team of individuals. We want to find that right balance.

Fear-factor,

We have got to create that fear-factor. The only way you create that is by winning games.

I've had five promotions in my career and the only way you create that fear factor is by winning games.

We have to turn these draws into wins.

DM on the performance,

We wanted to win.

We have come off the back of a three-game week and we could have won all three games.

We still managed to come out with a result today. We got our noses in front.

We conceded from a set play again and we will continue to look at that again.

Defending set plays,

It is an area of the game that we need to address and get better at. We will get better at it.

They got the first contact. It is up to me to look at the video and how they got through.

DM on their form, 

I have got a firm belief in the players. We will turn it around and get the club moving in the right direction.

We need to change the mentality of this place. We will do it.

I have got the bit between my teeth and fight in my belly.

You have got to embrace it. The only way you change is it you look to the next game. We need to work and analyse this.

He is beoming  Ron Mnager parody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................jumpers for goalposts ? isn`t It....Marvellous!!

Yawn.

14 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Half of the time it's because we are so deep and have so much emphasis on playing from the back that we concede chances anyway, the one we gifted Lincoln first half yesterday a prime example. Ditch the back 5, stop trying to play like a Pep team in its prime and get some attackers on who want to run at defenders. 

It makes zero sense, in players like Iorfa and Palmer we have quick defenders with good recovery pace so are perfect to push on and hold a high back line and press teams yet we sit back and nullify our strengths and accentuate our weaknesses

2 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

It makes zero sense, in players like Iorfa and Palmer we have quick defenders with good recovery pace so are perfect to push on and hold a high back line and press teams yet we sit back and nullify our strengths and accentuate our weaknesses

Iorfa maybe but not Palmer. He's always struggled to get back when we lose the ball upfield. He either doesn't have the energy to track back or can't be arsed. We've seen it so many times.