Darren Moore Post match comments

Guest Mcguigan
3 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

"Defending set plays,

It is an area of the game that we need to address and get better at. We will get better at it.

They got the first contact. It is up to me to look at the video and how they got through."

Erm Darren you have played ONE center half that may be reason.

First thing he should have done when he got the get out of jail free card goal was to bring dunkley on and shore up the back line.

I'm not bothered about you looking at todays video about how they got through, it's past now.

I'm more bothered about you studying  Cheltenham's performances and their dead ball and set piece threats. 

Christ. Depressing interview after a depressing game. Many equally depressing comments in this thread as well.

We just look so fragile in defence. We literally gift opponents opportunities over and over again. In attack we are ok when playing with confidence which is very rare but shows we have the ability. We just don’t know how to get the ability onto the pitch. 

In truth I couldn’t give a shît what the bloke says. Just get the team playing something that isn’t quite so horrible to watch please!

3 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Defending set plays,

It is an area of the game that we need to address and get better at. We will get better at it.

They got the first contact. It is up to me to look at the video and how they got through.

I'll help.

It was a near post cross.

Like Morecambe.

Like Shrewsbury.

Now Lincoln.

What worries me most about his interviews is whether he is any different in his verbal delivery to the players and staff,. 
I just can’t see how if he talks in a similar fashion on the training ground and in the dressing room that he inspires a team ethic and desire to be creative and hard working.

The performances on the pitch portray the lack of clarity and inspiration Moore shows in the media.

I can’t see Moore being able to turn us into what we need to be to get us in the top 6 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

DM on individual mistakes ,

We are all out there together. It is not just one individual.

We will get back in on Monday morning and work.

We will try to put these errors that we are making right.

We have to keep believing. You keep that commitment and try and find more of that commitment.

I want to make this season a real positive one. It seems like a stop-start. We have to go and get it. You won't hear me every blame one individual ever.

DM on mentality,

We are trying to build a team and bring the team together as one.

There are many questions being asked.

All I want to do is win games.

Winning games is the most important thing.

We have drawn the game today. We have to look at what we need to do more to get the three points.

DM on results,

You get the win and when it comes, it is usually a scrappy win.

We have to aim to get that win and build from there.

We have got ourselves into positions where we are staying in games.

What we have got to do is force the issue.

You have got to keep working.

No excuse. I am aware of what has gone here. I am working here night and day to change things.

Have the boos affected the team?

I can only speak as me as a player. The boos was a driving stick for me.................??????????????????????

DM on changes to the game,

We had to juggle the pack today.

There were players out there that we wanted to play again today but we had one or two concerns.

There were moments in the game we could have capitalised on more.

DM on turning things around,

My job is to change it up and that's exactly what I am doing.

I want to win.

The boos are because the fans want to see us win.

The 92 clubs in the league want to win. I want to win and the players want to win. We are not a team of individuals. We want to find that right balance.

Fear-factor,

We have got to create that fear-factor. The only way you create that is by winning games.

I've had five promotions in my career and the only way you create that fear factor is by winning games.

We have to turn these draws into wins.

DM on the performance,

We wanted to win.

We have come off the back of a three-game week and we could have won all three games.

We still managed to come out with a result today. We got our noses in front.

We conceded from a set play again and we will continue to look at that again.

Defending set plays,

It is an area of the game that we need to address and get better at. We will get better at it.

They got the first contact. It is up to me to look at the video and how they got through.

DM on their form, 

I have got a firm belief in the players. We will turn it around and get the club moving in the right direction.

We need to change the mentality of this place. We will do it.

I have got the bit between my teeth and fight in my belly.

You have got to embrace it. The only way you change is it you look to the next game. We need to work and analyse this.

He is beoming  Ron Mnager parody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................jumpers for goalposts ? isn`t It....Marvellous!!

Did you ignore the erm every other word

1 hour ago, Owly Mowly said:

What worries me most about his interviews is whether he is any different in his verbal delivery to the players and staff,. 
I just can’t see how if he talks in a similar fashion on the training ground and in the dressing room that he inspires a team ethic and desire to be creative and hard working.

The performances on the pitch portray the lack of clarity and inspiration Moore shows in the media.

I can’t see Moore being able to turn us into what we need to be to get us in the top 6 

Exactly this, nobody wants him to be an expert orator…but clarity and plain speaking are a must for pitch side, training and dressing room communication. And you really have to wonder what the situation is, especially following what Dennis had to say.

• Like 2

I've just watched the first 25 seconds of DM post match interview. Couldn't watch any more. Too many errms. Too much snot wiping. 

It's soo embarrassing listening and watching him. 

He's supposed to be our Team Leader. Can anybody honestly say they would be inspired by the bloke. 

He has to go before the feeling of apathy ingrains itself into the players. 

• Like 1

I don't know how reflective OT is of the fanbase overall, but the lack of support on here for Moore is very striking.

This is not one or two kneejerk reactions; this is a very high percentage of people saying he isn't up to it.

I suppose we've been in this situation  so many times that you just know when it isn't going to work.

Sadly, I think Moore is one of the most egregious examples of that. He appears to be so completely out of his depth it is frankly quite depressing.

3 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

You are calling me out as a rascist.

I am suggesting that Darren Moore is not a capable manager, but he knows that this is something that he can use as a means to keep his job longer.

It's often said their are not enough black people in management.

You call me racist, that is fine.

I say that sometimes, people use things to their own objective.

wtf

• Haha 1

Darren is in a hole and his response appears to be to dig deeper. 

About 7weeks ago a Donny fan, on Praise or Grumble, who had listened to Owls fans' complaints whilst waiting his turn said that Darren would never change his system(s) as his middle name was 'Stubborn'.... 

I fear he was correct. 

How on earth did he get past the Zoom interview with DC? 

Perhaps DC fell asleep after the first minute of Moore's ramblings and woke after dreaming he'd been interviewing Pep. 

"You've got the job Mr Moore. After everything you've just said 🥴😴 you must be heading for Legendry status with MY illustrious club. You can't be any worse than the others I've employed. BTW I like MY team to play swift attacking football. Can you do that? "

Moore..." errm"

Chansiri... "you're hired. Oh just so you know, young DC chooses who you sign from his MASSIVE database. And pick the team. You're just the fall guy if it goes boobies up. Do you still want the job?" 

Moore.. "errm" 

Chansiri... "Good. You start tomorrow" 

Moore... "errm" 

Chansiri.. "See you in a few months to give you your P45" 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

wtf

Had chance to reflect, it's been 24 hours ish.

I don't know what Kudos Darren Moore has that is giving him extra chances than he should be given. 

I genuinely don't.

I picked up on one potential reason, it's not gone down well and thinking about it maybe I was completely wrong, but for some reason this man is being given a better shot of this division then I think he should be - that's the crux of the matter.

11 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Had chance to reflect, it's been 24 hours ish.

I don't know what Kudos Darren Moore has that is giving him extra chances than he should be given. 

I genuinely don't.

I picked up on one potential reason, it's not gone down well and thinking about it maybe I was completely wrong, but for some reason this man is being given a better shot of this division then I think he should be - that's the crux of the matter.

To be honest I doubt DC has any idea when to sack a manager.  He doesn't seem to know too much about football.

I've no idea how or when he would sack one of the managers in his company.  He probably leaves it to others.

He treasures loyalty as one of his main morals and expects it in return.  Like keeping Carlos on too long in relation to what other chairman would.  Like he has done with other managers.  But then gets angry when others don't show him the respect like Bruce and Pulis.   I don't even know if he has seen one of our matches this season as he's probably in Thailand.  He has shown Moore a lot of trust by investing in 14 or so players.

I still doubt that he knows that it's a results based industry and only gets involved when someone tells him that the fans arn't happy.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE