Cambridge Utd v Owls Preview - OMDT

15 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I actually think the role is more suited to Brown than Johnson as he has pace and if caught up field can get back quicker.

Brown was poor on Saturday but given what I’ve seen of Johnson since he got here I refuse to believe Johnson would have done any better.

Moore dropped a real clanger not signing a proper left back in the summer, obviously he was too busy signing loads of wingers.

Similar standard of opposition so we will soon find out!

I think Brown was signed as a left-back and Palmer has been reliable enough at left-back over the past couple of years, he's not a wing-back though and now we've moved to this 3-5-2 about 4 of our signings are redundant! Moore didn't even turn to his wingers when we needed another goal having blown it on Saturday. 

42 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Tinbath must be a reyt Big Eeeeeadd he wears a Tin Bath rather than a Tin Hat. Enjoy the match mate  !

Thanks,,, if I knew how to add a photo to the left column I could show what sort of tin bath I had in mind!!

Fingers crossed for tonight. UTO

36 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Welcome aboard TinBath. Hope you don't feel like pulling the plug after tonight!

With our lot anything is possible,,,, quite fancy a Tykes Sauna,,, 4 pints of Guinness and a lounge in t'bath

Am not sure I’m 100% on board with this clamour for Corbeanu to start, looked bright against a very very poor Mansfield side I’ll give you that , but I dunno with him I’m not wholly convinced still looks a bit raw to me 

Hopefully DM can manage this game a bit better tonight and get likes of Shodipo and Corbeanu on the pitch for some minutes 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Am not sure I’m 100% on board with this clamour for Corbeanu to start, looked bright against a very very poor Mansfield side I’ll give you that , but I dunno with him I’m not wholly convinced still looks a bit raw to me 

Hopefully DM can manage this game a bit better tonight and get likes of Shodipo and Corbeanu on the pitch for some minutes 

Shodipo was decent last year playing most games for Oxford and getting double figures. Bit rubbish for him that we have adapted to 352. In fact for all wingers we have it's pretty rubbish. I can't see them having good individual seasons under this chopping and changing manager and formations that don't suit. 

• Like 1