Cambridge Utd v Owls Preview - OMDT

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

3-5-2 I reckon.

Anything else and am not sure who plays right wing.

But why are players that have been playing poorly still in the side or given another chance?

Wing and Johnson have been poor recently.

And

Where are the wingers?

Never mind the wingers, where the hell are centre backs....none on the bench if one of the starters get injured.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The formation worked well until the daft sub on Saturday though and the one main weak link in the performance to that point was Brown at wing-back. I wouldn't want Johnson playing full-back but reckon he could do a job as wing-back. 

I actually think the role is more suited to Brown than Johnson as he has pace and if caught up field can get back quicker.

Brown was poor on Saturday but given what I’ve seen of Johnson since he got here I refuse to believe Johnson would have done any better.

Moore dropped a real clanger not signing a proper left back in the summer, obviously he was too busy signing loads of wingers.

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

BPF has made several errors leading to goals.

I'm not some big Wildsmith fan btw

Bang on.

It took a series of costly blunders and an international break for BPF to get dropped, it seems Moore has a lot less patience for Wildsmith.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

No Corbeanu again, really does annoy me. Also what a pointless signing Sow was! 

Every single wide player we signed is pretty much redundant atm.

There is no place in a 3-5-2 for the likes of Theo, Sow, Shodipo etc.

Bizarre all round tbh.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bang on.

It took a series of costly blunders and an international break for BPF to get dropped, it seems Moore has a lot less patience for Wildsmith.

I mean the main issue - again - is we don't appear to have a stand out number one that everyone has confidence in.

More often than not, the one thing we usually had (no matter how crap) was a good number one.

We do not appear to have that and it is a huge issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

At this rate he'll be recalled by Wolves. Don't really know how bad some players have to be for Theo to get a game.

Possibly Shodipo too. I know he was injured at the start of the season but he’s been criminally underused ever since imo

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

At this rate he'll be recalled by Wolves. Don't really know how bad some players have to be for Theo to get a game.

and will probably end up being loaned out again and doing really well. Think it was disgraceful Moore didn’t start him after the Mansfield game. He doesn’t even bring him on as a sub. 

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

I'd recall him if I was Wolves.

What benefit is he getting here? Play a Pappa John game and then get dropped.

I thought Moore was meant to be good with young players? He doesn't seem to trust someone like Theo in a game that matters.