Season Ticket Refund

9 minutes ago, mdogg20 said:

Have been doing that for 50 years, time to learn from repeating the old mistake and stop being sat at away games wondering why I bothered.

If you were starting to feel like that then it was 100% the right decision to step away. 

9 minutes ago, mdogg20 said:

Sent three letters all unanswered, plenty of time given on each for them to respond - each one was received by the club. Didn't want to start proceeding but club fobbing me off and not communicating forced my hand. Have got fee back and club officials note on MCOL filing is that they admit the claim in full.

Can’t fault you, it’s your money and if you want it back you have every right. 

If anything it might make the club respect the supporters a little more. It’s not a process you should have to go through in the first place to be honest. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, mdogg20 said:

So I have just received a refund for my 2020/21 Season Ticket after taking the club to the Small Claims Court.

I wasn't happy or proud having to do that but the club, or rather its current owner forced me to do this.

I don't accept being told by the club to take my credit as a League One Season Ticket or as merchandise (however have nothing against those that did take the option).

It was done on principle as I don't accept the club not adhering to consumer law even though they threw out new lucrative contracts left right and centre to players and decided to try to shaft fans out of money to fund it. 

The buck stops with the Chairman for mismanagement that ultimately cost the 6 points which relegated the club last season (even though the team were poor we would have stayed up on points without the deduction).

I wasn't planning to go to League One games as I knew it wouldn't be a case of walking the league and I had lost the desire to watch a poor product (the Chairman chose the Managers and to chop them frequently).

Should the club go straight back up (which I hope they do) I don't see myself going straight back to games as we would be no more competitive in the Championship than we were before - thus going round in circles and wasting time/money with the Chairman's vision. 

I will be back one day - fans last longer than owners.

You didn’t take the club to court, you took Chumpsiri to court. It’s not your responsibility to bankroll multi-millionaires who reckon out ST money pays for nothing.

Go in peace my son, you are absolved. X

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 11:22, mdogg20 said:

I will be back one day - fans last longer than owners.

Quick question ... Are you now banned from every applying for a season ticket again because of this ?

I do find it amazing that I and many others I talk too applied as requested in the timeline requested and had no issues with iFollow Passes, Store Credit and Multi-Year Season Rebates at all 🥰.  I actually bought 2 more season tickets with the rebates provided so its a win win as all gone back into the club 😳. But I am glad you got sorted despite how you have had to go about it. I am sure the staff handling all the rebated would have got there in the end. 😉

For me I couldn't do this - because its not just about the money .. it's about being a life-long Wednesday fan for 54 years - BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY its also about being a carer and taking a disabled relatives to matches (giving their partner a break) which means more than who owns our team, what league we are in, what position, etc. 

Football for disabled fans is a great escape from the endless days unable to get out of bed, constant pain, visits to hospitals for infusions, etc. etc.

Maybe when you do feel that you are ready to you should look at this - giving back - helping others - and supporting your team. I tell you what giving back feels great knowing you have done good. Also, Mr Chansiri did some cracking multi-year season ticket deals for disabled/carer fans 😉

So you will be back when we’ve got a better team. Glad we cleared that one up. If all fans took that view there wouldn’t be a team. If and when we ever do get back to the Premier League I’d be a tad embarrassed to rock up, to be honest.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Glad you got your refund, it does after all have to be treat the same as any other business as the law requires. 

Your other points regarding not supporting because you can envisage a difficult season in league one or not even supporting if we go back up because you don't think we'd be a force in the champ, you don't have the same kind of relationship to the club that I and thousands of others do. It's not about success, though I do crave it. It's about being part of it through the good and the bad, more bad obviously but you get my meaning. It's about being Wednesday and All that involves. 

Not long ago I started watching the Steelers with the Grandson and really enjoy it but let's say they went downhill and they started performing poorly and echoed Wednesday over the last 4 or 5 years so to speak, I'd have no qualms in taking my entertainment dollars elsewhere because the Steelers are not in my blood, even though I do like watching them. It is based on the entertainment it provides and the success the steelers have. 

Wednesday is different than that for me, its lifelong. 

I suspect your relationship with Wednesday is similar to mine with the Steelers and that is OK. 

Priority points are a brilliant thing because of this and let's hope we bloody need them one day for more than away games. 

• Love 1

22 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

how do you differentiate and which is more superior?

A fan  (to me)is someone who has  affection for the club but only goes when they are doing well or for the big game like some of the 40k we take to play off finals ..a supporter goes when he can  no matter how bad we are..........who's superior isnt an issue as everyone as to do what's best for them  .

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, torryowl said:

A fan  (to me)is someone who has  affection for the club but only goes when they are doing well or for the big game like some of the 40k we take to play off finals ..a supporter goes when he can  no matter how bad we are..........who's superior isnt an issue as everyone as to do what's best for them  .

fair assessment i think 

2 hours ago, S25OWL said:

Quick question ... Are you now banned from every applying for a season ticket again because of this ?

I do find it amazing that I and many others I talk too applied as requested in the timeline requested and had no issues with iFollow Passes, Store Credit and Multi-Year Season Rebates at all 🥰.  I actually bought 2 more season tickets with the rebates provided so its a win win as all gone back into the club 😳. But I am glad you got sorted despite how you have had to go about it. I am sure the staff handling all the rebated would have got there in the end. 😉

For me I couldn't do this - because its not just about the money .. it's about being a life-long Wednesday fan for 54 years - BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY its also about being a carer and taking a disabled relatives to matches (giving their partner a break) which means more than who owns our team, what league we are in, what position, etc. 

Football for disabled fans is a great escape from the endless days unable to get out of bed, constant pain, visits to hospitals for infusions, etc. etc.

Maybe when you do feel that you are ready to you should look at this - giving back - helping others - and supporting your team. I tell you what giving back feels great knowing you have done good. Also, Mr Chansiri did some cracking multi-year season ticket deals for disabled/carer fans 😉

No ban, my account is live with hundreds of TPP's I've accrued.

The club took the view that you and others would take the rebate option, hence why refunds weren't offered. Expecting fans to take the hit.

I've done more than my fair share in miles, money and sponsorship for many years - putting a lot more into the club than some of those criticising me.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, vulva said:

So you will be back when we’ve got a better team. Glad we cleared that one up. If all fans took that view there wouldn’t be a team. If and when we ever do get back to the Premier League I’d be a tad embarrassed to rock up, to be honest.  

I think you and others have misconstrued my comments. It's not glory grabbing, I’m just not prepared to let the Chairman off scot free for his mistakes, the relegation was his fault so why should I take the hit and pay for the next few years in the hope of getting back to square one.

I've put more than most in miles, money and sponsorship, been there from the 80s onwards without stopping.  I'm not embarrased, why should I be - just because you don't accept my point of view?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Think I am opposite.

I enjoy seeing us win but in some ways prefer us being in League One than Premier League.

I enjoy it feeling more like a sport in this league then it would if we ever got back up 2 divisions.

Think I would really dislike the higher prices, daft kick off times, gamesmanship, happy with a 1-0 home defeat to Man City.

Not sure I would be that bothered about going in the Premier League.

• Like 4

On 11/10/2021 at 17:21, Wednesday_Jack said:

how do you differentiate and which is more superior?

A fan says they follow Sheffield Wednesday, a supporter goes to games. The clue is in the word.  The people who say we're all the same if we're Wednesday fans are wrong.  The person who goes to all the games is a better supporter than someone who goes occasionally, how can they not be ?    It's no good having 40,000 "fans" who never go, the club needs supporters.  And a good supporter goes through thick and thin.

• Like 1

Bottom line is that it is disgraceful fans have had to go through small claims courts to get a refund.

Sympathise with the OP. We are customers when it suits Chansiri to charge too much but fans who should be loyal when it comes to requesting a refund in the way any customer would.

The owner is a tradegy, chapter by chapter, season on season, feck knows how it will end but I doubt it will be a happy one.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think I am opposite.

I enjoy seeing us win but in some ways prefer us being in League One than Premier League.

I enjoy it feeling more like a sport in this league then it would if we ever got back up 2 divisions.

Think I would really dislike the higher prices, daft kick off times, gamesmanship, happy with a 1-0 home defeat to Man City.

Not sure I would be that bothered about going in the Premier League.

I sort of know what you mean, the thought of being like Norwich and being resigned to relegation or having a season like the blunts did last year is not something to get too excited about.

You never know though, we might just be able to get a shock result or two, it would be nice at least to have a chance at it. I doubt the prices are that bad either, probably costs more to go to Ipswich away than it does to some Premier League grounds and I have been to league games at the Etihad for less than the price of our matchday tickets a couple of seasons ago. 

I applied for a refund and it was paid relatively promptly.   I was annoyed at the ridiculously early timescale for the first phase of season tickets for the 2020/21 season and this drove my decision. 

In hindsight the Club should have offered credit against tickets, merchandise or iFollow and maybe include a 10% uplift as a gesture. 

There would have been moaning but not the bitterness the refund offer at a time the club has no revenue has caused. 

Find the OP a bit like look at me and just hope someone is kind enough to furnish him with a Play Off Final ticket or a guest of honour slot if we ever make the Prem. Not knowing everyone's circumstances but I would be quite embarrassed. 

Ps.  I can't make the Lincoln match if anyone can sort a whip round for my pro rata ticket cost. 

8 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Find the OP a bit like look at me and just hope someone is kind enough to furnish him with a Play Off Final ticket or a guest of honour slot if we ever make the Prem. Not knowing everyone's circumstances but I would be quite embarrassed. 

Ps.  I can't make the Lincoln match if anyone can sort a whip round for my pro rata ticket cost. 

How is it look at me?

I'm becoming embarrased that fans are so forgiving of Chansiri for not sending a letter to the EFL when they told him to (to avoid a deduction) or do they not realise?

Then he tried to stiff the ones who didn't want to toe the Billionaire party line - sounds reminiscent of former times....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mdogg20 said:

How is it look at me?

I'm becoming embarrased that fans are so forgiving of Chansiri for not sending a letter to the EFL when they told him to (to avoid a deduction) or do they not realise?

Then he tried to stiff the ones who didn't want to toe the Billionaire party line - sounds reminiscent of former times....

Last time I checked it was Sheffield Wednesday in the league table, not Chansiri. You support the club, not the Chairman. Quite simple really. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

Last time I checked it was Sheffield Wednesday in the league table, not Chansiri. You support the club, not the Chairman. Quite simple really. 

If blokes hearts not in it anymore than can understand him thinking about packing it in.

You cant disentangle Chansiri and Sheffield Wednesday. Support one you can help support the other.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Absolutely, same will happen when next owner rocks up, as supporters we have zero choice in who runs the club. We support SWFC for life regardless of who the chairman is always has been like that always will.

• Like 1