Season Ticket Refund

45 minutes ago, dc88 said:

Referring to the refund for the abandoned 19/20 season, has anyone had any joy by calling the club and simply asking for the refund, there & then?

No joy there unless the date you submitted the refund is where the ticket staff are up to.

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Having no match day income for 28 games, equivalent to over 20 million is not a claim its just fact. That’s why there was a 250 million bail out to the EFL from the Premier League. There is simply no evidence either that any player is on 27k at the club just speculation. 
If you believe Chansiri got the face on then that’s your opinion,

maybe they are clearing the refunds because the cash flow situation has eased a situation that has also allowed us to bring in 14 new players. 

Our turnover in the last season before Covid was £22.7m of that turnover about £8m came from sky which we get every season whether we have 0 fans or 100 million fans. Matchday income accounts for about £10m of the turnover.

The rest comes from advertising, merchandise and other sources of income (also know as money the chairman puts into the club about £1m in these set of accounts). The actual club lost probably about £10m.  Had DC invested in January spent probably about £1m and brought in a striker or two, to score some goals he would now have about £6.5m more money from sky, but he adopted the short term view as he has always done and went with what we had, which was the worst strike force in the football league. we scored 40 goals in 46 games the 7th worse if you take of the win against Cardiff we had the 2nd worst strike force out of 72 teams 

DC decide to not pay the players on time for 3 months then when the EFL threatened a 6 points deduction, he found the best part of £10m within 1 week. This suggest he has the money but he is choosing to not pay the players. if you have cashflow issues you don't suddenly find 310m from the back of the sofa.

I suspect it is the same issues with the fans having the cheek to ask for their money back the same thing happened when a few fans asked for a season ticket refund, he allowed it then gave them life bans. To say you don't think DC has got the 'face on' when there are numerous example over the last few season of this very thing happening.

I bet if the EFL prevent SWFC from promotion until the fans owed money were repaid it. He would have everyone repaid within a week. But there is no sanction for the repayment hence the complete pisstake of the fans who are asking for refunds.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Having no match day income for 28 games, equivalent to over 20 million is not a claim its just fact. That’s why there was a 250 million bail out to the EFL from the Premier League. There is simply no evidence either that any player is on 27k at the club just speculation. 
If you believe Chansiri got the face on then that’s your opinion,

maybe they are clearing the refunds because the cash flow situation has eased a situation that has also allowed us to bring in 14 new players. 

Yes I know a tweet by Alan Biggs doesn't make it gospel but it does make sense that Barry Bannan signed a contract well over the odds to stay when it was 80% certain we would have been relegated at the time.

Also a few weeks ago I have a ticket for the Test Match at Old Trafford that was cancelled at the last minute,  I had a email the next day saying I would get a refund which was in my account within a week.
This is just 1 example of one of several things I had planned that were cancelled and I got a refund within a reasonable time apart from 1 organisation which took well over a year longer than the others. 

• Like 2

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Our turnover in the last season before Covid was £22.7m of that turnover about £8m came from sky which we get every season whether we have 0 fans or 100 million fans. Matchday income accounts for about £10m of the turnover.

The rest comes from advertising, merchandise and other sources of income (also know as money the chairman puts into the club about £1m in these set of accounts). The actual club lost probably about £10m.  Had DC invested in January spent probably about £1m and brought in a striker or two, to score some goals he would now have about £6.5m more money from sky, but he adopted the short term view as he has always done and went with what we had, which was the worst strike force in the football league. we scored 40 goals in 46 games the 7th worse if you take of the win against Cardiff we had the 2nd worst strike force out of 72 teams 

DC decide to not pay the players on time for 3 months then when the EFL threatened a 6 points deduction, he found the best part of £10m within 1 week. This suggest he has the money but he is choosing to not pay the players. if you have cashflow issues you don't suddenly find 310m from the back of the sofa.

I suspect it is the same issues with the fans having the cheek to ask for their money back the same thing happened when a few fans asked for a season ticket refund, he allowed it then gave them life bans. To say you don't think DC has got the 'face on' when there are numerous example over the last few season of this very thing happening.

I bet if the EFL prevent SWFC from promotion until the fans owed money were repaid it. He would have everyone repaid within a week. But there is no sanction for the repayment hence the complete pisstake of the fans who are asking for refunds.

That’s just a load of if, buts and maybe guff. No point discussing things with you as you don’t listen and just go on an anti chairman anti club rants with every post.

This is my final reply to you, have a good day.

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes I know a tweet by Alan Biggs doesn't make it gospel but it does make sense that Barry Bannan signed a contract well over the odds to stay when it was 80% certain we would have been relegated at the time.

Also a few weeks ago I have a ticket for the Test Match at Old Trafford that was cancelled at the last minute,  I had a email the next day saying I would get a refund which was in my account within a week.
This is just 1 example of one of several things I had planned that were cancelled and I got a refund within a reasonable time apart from 1 organisation which took well over a year longer than the others. 

Yes, but the refund from the Old Trafford test has left Lancashire CCC in a terrible financial situation and are going to require financial help from the ECB to carry on. Plus there is talk of rearranging the test match which would make back the monies lost. None of our 28 match’s played can be rearranged so lost revenue can never be replaced. 
 Like I said earlier, if it’s a choice I would defer my refund to keep the club out of more financial difficulty. 
That’s my choice, but I understand that others have different opinions. 

On 14/10/2021 at 09:03, Willow Owl said:

I was asked my opinion and gave it. Please tell me why it was condescending? I consider everyone equal but with different circumstances and opinions 

ive refunded 2 fellow season ticket holders who I purchased on their behalf out of my own pocket because I felt embarrassed ...Because DC has kicked it so far  down the road ... but still no playing 11 no club in your opinion on ... your’e an utter cockwomble

Guest Willow Owl
22 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

ive refunded 2 fellow season ticket holders who I purchased on their behalf out of my own pocket because I felt embarrassed ...Because DC has kicked it so far  down the road ... but still no playing 11 no club in your opinion on ... your’e an utter cockwomble

Wow, what an embarrassing post. 

59 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Wow, what an embarrassing post. 

ok I’ll engage ... did my dads two elderly friends exercise their consumer rights to gain 2 x 5 game refunds ... yes ... did dc say he’d refund them ... yes ...Did he do so 15 or so months on ... no ... did I refund them out of embarrassment as I made the original season ticket  .. yes 

1 hour ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

ok I’ll engage ... did my dads two elderly friends exercise their consumer rights to gain 2 x 5 game refunds ... yes ... did dc say he’d refund them ... yes ...Did he do so 15 or so months on ... no ... did I refund them out of embarrassment as I made the original season ticket  .. yes 

OK I'll engage. How many of we Owls fans have seen more of Wednesday, since Cov 19 started,  than any other group of Wednesday fans since 1867 ?  The only reason I can think of regarding your dad and his two mates (respect to them) didn't look to engage with Wednesday on the various BT & EFL et al would have been lack of interest due to poor form. But I do accept this as a different issue to refunds.  

On 13/10/2021 at 21:25, Willow Owl said:

Do you have any evidence that’s what really happened with Pulis. Either way has nothing to do with what I was meaning. People taking the club to court for £100 while expecting the chairman to find 20 million in lost gate receipts while also signing new players so we can fulfil our fixtures for this season. 
Would you rather have a club or your £100 back ( perspective).

Let me say one thing, the pulis thing is 100% bang on but if you wish to not believe me fair enough. 😀 your choice.

Keep believing in the idiot in charge though, again your choice

Guest Willow Owl
9 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Never said it was right, end of conversation. 

Guest Willow Owl
7 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Let me say one thing, the pulis thing is 100% bang on but if you wish to not believe me fair enough. 😀 your choice.

Keep believing in the idiot in charge though, again your choice

I’m happy to change my mind, Until I see hard evidence on the Pulis situation it’s just all here say. 
Also, never said I believed in the Chaiman. Just giving my opinion and playing devils advocate. 

Newbie here, so firstly apologies for resurrecting this thread for my first post. I think there are several of these 'refund' threads doing the round.

I was one of those that asked for the money back for the last 5 games of 19/20. I asked for this back in June of last, and other than a 'bear with us, we're working our way down the list' email, I'd heard nothing.

This morning, I went down to the ticket office to collect a ticket for the Plymouth cup game. I asked what was happening with the refunds for 19/20 & was told 'we're working down the list in the date order people asked for them, when did you ask?' When I told him June last year, he looked suprised & checked on the account. He went on to say that June 2020 should have been taken care of ages ago, did I not get a phone call?
I told him I hadn't. He then said he could refund me then & there if I had a debit card. This was done, all very quick & helpful. I've also had an email confirmation. I'll check with the bank later to make sure it's correct & has gone in.

So the point of this is - if you asked for a refund over a year ago & have still heard diddly-squat - get down the ticket office. It will be a bit quicker than waiting for that phone call......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still waiting on a reply from the club re: refunds due to not being able to go anymore due to disability, and therefore not having any use for the credit offered for this season/future tickets. 

Several emails sent. Made a phone call which seemed productive, where I then had to send another email. But that was in February.

Guess I’ll ring again

55 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Still waiting on a reply from the club re: refunds due to not being able to go anymore due to disability, and therefore not having any use for the credit offered for this season/future tickets. 

Several emails sent. Made a phone call which seemed productive, where I then had to send another email. But that was in February.

Guess I’ll ring again

Wish I'd have known this last week. I was told everyone had had their refund. 

Can the trust or someone help with this and getting a bit more weight behind it? Not that that is what should be required 

Edited by TheGaffer