Season Ticket Refund

18 minutes ago, vulva said:

Last time I checked it was Sheffield Wednesday in the league table, not Chansiri. You support the club, not the Chairman. Quite simple really. 

It's not quite as black and white as that though is it? Fan/supporter or otherwise, I too find it difficult to invest time, money and emotion in something that is so heavily influenced by someone who is making a horrible mess of a game he knows nothing about. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, vulva said:

Last time I checked it was Sheffield Wednesday in the league table, not Chansiri. You support the club, not the Chairman. Quite simple really. 

Someone's relationship with the club is personal, it's theirs alone.

To some it is life and death, some a passing fancy.

Like religion, you can have a devout believer who has never stepped foot in the ground, or an agnostic who attends every week through habit, but with no real feeling.

If you feel that you're a supporter, or if you feel that you're a fan, who are we to judge.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

I applied for a refund and it was paid relatively promptly.   I was annoyed at the ridiculously early timescale for the first phase of season tickets for the 2020/21 season and this drove my decision. 

In hindsight the Club should have offered credit against tickets, merchandise or iFollow and maybe include a 10% uplift as a gesture. 

There would have been moaning but not the bitterness the refund offer at a time the club has no revenue has caused. 

Find the OP a bit like look at me and just hope someone is kind enough to furnish him with a Play Off Final ticket or a guest of honour slot if we ever make the Prem. Not knowing everyone's circumstances but I would be quite embarrassed. 

Ps.  I can't make the Lincoln match if anyone can sort a whip round for my pro rata ticket cost. 

The club claimed it had no money and people would have to wait for refunds yet gave Chansiri's love child Bannan a new contract on over 20k a week and we signed 14 players in the summer. 

It's just bullshiete from Chansiri trying to mug off supporters. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Makes me chuckle - 

A Fan - someone who supports Wednesday. 

A Supporter - someone who supports Wednesday.

A 🔔 end - someone who tries to wedge a difference between the 2 to make themselves feel better.

**** swinging at its finest 

Edited by Mac_77
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

The club claimed it had no money and people would have to wait for refunds yet gave Chansiri's love child Bannan a new contract on over 20k a week and we signed 14 players in the summer. 

It's just bullshiete from Chansiri trying to mug off supporters. 

And we not done all of that, those same fans would be moaning about lack of ambition and saying I’m not going until he gets his hand in his pocket and signs some players. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

And we not done all of that, those same fans would be moaning about lack of ambition and saying I’m not going until he gets his hand in his pocket and signs some players. 

A business should always pay its debts first 

• Like 3

Guest Willow Owl

Perspective needed,

While people are moaning/ principles etc about having to go through small claims ( which they didn’t have to do ) for their cash refund of £100/ £150 or whatever it is. The big bad chairman had to find over 20 million in lost match day income from his own pocket. 
How much did these fans who desperately need the refund money save on what they would normally have spent on match days, money they had already spent when buying their season tickets. 

The above has nothing do do with how he’s managed the club, just facts. 

Maybe we shouldn’t have offered the refund option on the first place like majority of clubs. 

18 hours ago, S25OWL said:

Quick question ... Are you now banned from every applying for a season ticket again because of this ?

I do find it amazing that I and many others I talk too applied as requested in the timeline requested and had no issues with iFollow Passes, Store Credit and Multi-Year Season Rebates at all 🥰.  I actually bought 2 more season tickets with the rebates provided so its a win win as all gone back into the club 😳. But I am glad you got sorted despite how you have had to go about it. I am sure the staff handling all the rebated would have got there in the end. 😉

For me I couldn't do this - because its not just about the money .. it's about being a life-long Wednesday fan for 54 years - BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY its also about being a carer and taking a disabled relatives to matches (giving their partner a break) which means more than who owns our team, what league we are in, what position, etc. 

Football for disabled fans is a great escape from the endless days unable to get out of bed, constant pain, visits to hospitals for infusions, etc. etc.

Maybe when you do feel that you are ready to you should look at this - giving back - helping others - and supporting your team. I tell you what giving back feels great knowing you have done good. Also, Mr Chansiri did some cracking multi-year season ticket deals for disabled/carer fans 😉

1 person calls 3 fans an hour, working 7 hours a day and 5 days a week that is 105 fans a week. For one staff member to process refunds.

In a year that around 5,500 people, the refund process has been going on 18 months and counting. if the club only have 1 person doing them they should have got through 5,000+ in the first year.

Yet I suspect if you check with the club they have not got through anywhere near this many.

The Owls in seasons past have had about 15-20,000 season ticket holders, if every fan asked for a refund and from what is on Owlstalk a lot that have not. If the club are indeed using a ticketing site to do the refund they should be able to get through them all in a few months with a team of 8 people and many of these sites have a lot more staff than 8 people.

8 (people) x 3 (calls an hour)  x 7 (hours in a day) x 5 (days in a week)  840 people a week x 12 weeks = 10,080 people. 

To process the fans of 10,080 refund at £100 each is £1m, which is probably less than the first team squad get paid in 1 month. The players will be getting paid each month because if they don't, then the club will be hit with a points deduction, but there is no fine or points deduction for fans refunds and that is the reason the club is taking so long. The only way for a lot of fans to get paid is either wait in excess of 12 months or take the club to court -they are taking advantage of you being a fan - no other business in any walk of life would get away with treatment.

The next person that takes the club to court, do not accept payment at the last minute make the club attend court, because it seems to only way the club under the current regime take any notice. is when their name and that of the club is scrapped through the dirt. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

Fans want a sustainable club not one losing £20m a season going backwards.

We signed too many players, most of them have barely played, 10 league games into the season the manager does not have a clue what his strongest team is, we are paying loan players to basically sit in the stand every game.

How about the money we wasted on Corbeanu, Shodipo, Gibson, Kamberi take the money wasted on loan signing that barely ever play a game and use it to pay the fans. What do we recon they are on £10-15k between them even at £10k that  £500,000 a season wasted once again.

This is not including the money wasted on Luongo who is never fit, Byers another signing that has play just 4 times because hes injured, FDB not played, Sow another that never players.

How much money are we wasting on all these players in the season to add little to nothing to the team, but at the same time fans have had to wait nearly 2 years for a refund.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

Perspective needed,

While people are moaning/ principles etc about having to go through small claims ( which they didn’t have to do ) for their cash refund of £100/ £150 or whatever it is. The big bad chairman had to find over 20 million in lost match day income from his own pocket. 
How much did these fans who desperately need the refund money save on what they would normally have spent on match days, money they had already spent when buying their season tickets. 

Maybe we shouldn’t have offered the refund option on the first place like majority of clubs. 

I don't need the money the club owe me, and it's going to the children's hospital charity as soon at it arrives in my bank. I went down the small claims court route because I had not received my refund 16 MONTHS after requesting it. That is an unacceptable amount of time for any business to keep a debter waiting for their money. 

My daughter requested a refund on some concert tickets she had booked for her and some friends ( just under £200) which was cancelled in June last year. She received a full refund within 14 days of requesting it. Yet we still have supporters waiting after 16 months. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Absolutely, same will happen when next owner rocks up, as supporters we have zero choice in who runs the club. We support SWFC for life regardless of who the chairman is always has been like that always will.

Chairmen come and go; fans are forever.

At some point, the current owners will be gone but the supporters will still be there.

As Elbert Hubbard once said; "The graveyards are full of people the world could not do without." 

But this does not affect the overall commercial principle:- "If I buy goods or a service from you, I provide the cash; you provide the service. If neither of those things happen, we've got a problem."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Perspective needed,

That’s not the point. £100 wouldn’t change my life, but it would help me that month. And ITS MY MONEY. I’d be same if it was £20. What gives a certain person the right to hold your own money back from you. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Well I just had a lovely phone call from the ticket office and sorted out my refund. I know others are getting theirs - it seems they have ramped up operations. 

whether or not the small claims court cases got their arses into gear I don’t know but it’s good they are finally doing it. 

• Like 2

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Mosborough-owl said:

That’s not the point. £100 wouldn’t change my life, but it would help me that month. And ITS MY MONEY. I’d be same if it was £20. What gives a certain person the right to hold your own money back from you. 

Like i said perspective,  £20 million, a global pandemic against £100. 
The club said you would get your money and they are doing that. Slowly and poorly communicated, absolutely. Taking the club to court at a time of unprecedented circumstances would never cross my mind. 
Just my opinion 

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

I don't need the money the club owe me, and it's going to the children's hospital charity as soon at it arrives in my bank. I went down the small claims court route because I had not received my refund 16 MONTHS after requesting it. That is an unacceptable amount of time for any business to keep a debter waiting for their money. 

My daughter requested a refund on some concert tickets she had booked for her and some friends ( just under £200) which was cancelled in June last year. She received a full refund within 14 days of requesting it. Yet we still have supporters waiting after 16 months. 

In unprecedented circumstances and having to find 20 million in lost revenue made me have more perspective to the clubs situation. If the pandemic hadn’t taken its toll I maybe would have a different view.

They are refunding fans as they said they would but it’s been poorly communicated to fans. 

Guest Willow Owl
3 hours ago, room0035 said:

1 person calls 3 fans an hour, working 7 hours a day and 5 days a week that is 105 fans a week. For one staff member to process refunds.

In a year that around 5,500 people, the refund process has been going on 18 months and counting. if the club only have 1 person doing them they should have got through 5,000+ in the first year.

Yet I suspect if you check with the club they have not got through anywhere near this many.

The Owls in seasons past have had about 15-20,000 season ticket holders, if every fan asked for a refund and from what is on Owlstalk a lot that have not. If the club are indeed using a ticketing site to do the refund they should be able to get through them all in a few months with a team of 8 people and many of these sites have a lot more staff than 8 people.

8 (people) x 3 (calls an hour)  x 7 (hours in a day) x 5 (days in a week)  840 people a week x 12 weeks = 10,080 people. 

To process the fans of 10,080 refund at £100 each is £1m, which is probably less than the first team squad get paid in 1 month. The players will be getting paid each month because if they don't, then the club will be hit with a points deduction, but there is no fine or points deduction for fans refunds and that is the reason the club is taking so long. The only way for a lot of fans to get paid is either wait in excess of 12 months or take the club to court -they are taking advantage of you being a fan - no other business in any walk of life would get away with treatment.

The next person that takes the club to court, do not accept payment at the last minute make the club attend court, because it seems to only way the club under the current regime take any notice. is when their name and that of the club is scrapped through the dirt. 

How many businesses do you know that after virtually Zero income for 18 months are still paying staff wages, let alone still operating. The last 18 months have left virtually every business with cash flow issues never mind football clubs.

Of course players come first, without players we cannot fulfil our fixtures leading to expulsion from the league, potentially no club. 
Your blind hatred for everything to do with the club is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, crookesowl said:

Well I just had a lovely phone call from the ticket office and sorted out my refund. I know others are getting theirs - it seems they have ramped up operations. 

whether or not the small claims court cases got their arses into gear I don’t know but it’s good they are finally doing it. 

What date in July 2020 did you submit your email for the refund? I know they are now processing July onwards and wondered how far the ticket office have got, mine was 8th July for the season tickets. Still not got Bristol City tickets and coach travel back yet and the email was submitted on the 29th June 2020.

47 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

How many businesses do you know that after virtually Zero income for 18 months are still paying staff wages, let alone still operating. The last 18 months have left virtually every business with cash flow issues never mind football clubs.

Of course players come first, without players we cannot fulfil our fixtures leading to expulsion from the league, potentially no club. 
Your blind hatred for everything to do with the club is beyond me. 

Ignore him Pal

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

In unprecedented circumstances and having to find 20 million in lost revenue made me have more perspective to the clubs situation. If the pandemic hadn’t taken its toll I maybe would have a different view.

They are refunding fans as they said they would but it’s been poorly communicated to fans. 

Mate, he signed about 10 players this season, and no doubt gave them all healthy contracts and other perks. It just feels like us fans are being shat on, and put to the bottom of the pile, when infact we are the fabric of this club. 

• Like 4