Jump to content

Season Ticket Refund


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, mdogg20 said:

So I have just received a refund for my 2020/21 Season Ticket after taking the club to the Small Claims Court.

 

I wasn't happy or proud having to do that but the club, or rather its current owner forced me to do this.

 

I don't accept being told by the club to take my credit as a League One Season Ticket or as merchandise (however have nothing against those that did take the option).

 

It was done on principle as I don't accept the club not adhering to consumer law even though they threw out new lucrative contracts left right and centre to players and decided to try to shaft fans out of money to fund it. 

 

The buck stops with the Chairman for mismanagement that ultimately cost the 6 points which relegated the club last season (even though the team were poor we would have stayed up on points without the deduction).

 

I wasn't planning to go to League One games as I knew it wouldn't be a case of walking the league and I had lost the desire to watch a poor product (the Chairman chose the Managers and to chop them frequently).

 

Should the club go straight back up (which I hope they do) I don't see myself going straight back to games as we would be no more competitive in the Championship than we were before - thus going round in circles and wasting time/money with the Chairman's vision. 

 

I will be back one day - fans last longer than owners.

Be happy with whatever you do matchday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mdogg20 said:

 

 

Should the club go straight back up (which I hope they do) I don't see myself going straight back to games as we would be no more competitive in the Championship than we were before - thus going round in circles and wasting time/money with the Chairman's vision. 

 

I will be back one day - fans last longer than owners.

The difference  between between being a fan as opposed to being a supporter.....

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

I sympathised with the op on getting his money back but once he started talking about not bothering now we are lge 1 and if we get back to championship we will be mid table dross so he won’t bother going. We’ll cya good riddance 

 

support the team not the regime 

 

There's just no need for it.

 

You disagree, fair enough - no need to be spiteful. I disagree with you as I don't want to waste my time and money for the next two years trying to get back to what we were before the Chairman grossly mismanaged the situation.

 

Minimum this year and next year paying him to get back to mid Champ... and watching players get 20k+ per week while fans are screwed over by him. The team will be gone when they stop getting paid from your money. 

 

I support Sheffield Wednesday, not the players when their contracts are over, not the Chairman. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mdogg20 said:

So I have just received a refund for my 2020/21 Season Ticket after taking the club to the Small Claims Court.

 

I wasn't happy or proud having to do that but the club, or rather its current owner forced me to do this.

 

I don't accept being told by the club to take my credit as a League One Season Ticket or as merchandise (however have nothing against those that did take the option).

 

It was done on principle as I don't accept the club not adhering to consumer law even though they threw out new lucrative contracts left right and centre to players and decided to try to shaft fans out of money to fund it. 

 

The buck stops with the Chairman for mismanagement that ultimately cost the 6 points which relegated the club last season (even though the team were poor we would have stayed up on points without the deduction).

 

I wasn't planning to go to League One games as I knew it wouldn't be a case of walking the league and I had lost the desire to watch a poor product (the Chairman chose the Managers and to chop them frequently).

 

Should the club go straight back up (which I hope they do) I don't see myself going straight back to games as we would be no more competitive in the Championship than we were before - thus going round in circles and wasting time/money with the Chairman's vision. 

 

I will be back one day - fans last longer than owners.

 

I've also gone down the small claims court route, and I'm awaiting my money. I got to the point where, more than a year after requesting my refund I felt the club were mugging me off. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, mdogg20 said:

So I have just received a refund for my 2020/21 Season Ticket after taking the club to the Small Claims Court.

 

I wasn't happy or proud having to do that but the club, or rather its current owner forced me to do this.

 

I don't accept being told by the club to take my credit as a League One Season Ticket or as merchandise (however have nothing against those that did take the option).

 

It was done on principle as I don't accept the club not adhering to consumer law even though they threw out new lucrative contracts left right and centre to players and decided to try to shaft fans out of money to fund it. 

 

The buck stops with the Chairman for mismanagement that ultimately cost the 6 points which relegated the club last season (even though the team were poor we would have stayed up on points without the deduction).

 

I wasn't planning to go to League One games as I knew it wouldn't be a case of walking the league and I had lost the desire to watch a poor product (the Chairman chose the Managers and to chop them frequently).

 

Should the club go straight back up (which I hope they do) I don't see myself going straight back to games as we would be no more competitive in the Championship than we were before - thus going round in circles and wasting time/money with the Chairman's vision. 

 

I will be back one day - fans last longer than owners.

when we were playing good football and on our way to wembley you were there , when we are struggling you and others dont want to go , been a football fan involves ups and downs unless you support man city etc . your choice, my choice is to continue to support my team even though im far from happy with the manager and the football this season.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, mdogg20 said:

So I have just received a refund for my 2020/21 Season Ticket after taking the club to the Small Claims Court.

 

I wasn't happy or proud having to do that but the club, or rather its current owner forced me to do this.

 

I don't accept being told by the club to take my credit as a League One Season Ticket or as merchandise (however have nothing against those that did take the option).

 

It was done on principle as I don't accept the club not adhering to consumer law even though they threw out new lucrative contracts left right and centre to players and decided to try to shaft fans out of money to fund it. 

 

The buck stops with the Chairman for mismanagement that ultimately cost the 6 points which relegated the club last season (even though the team were poor we would have stayed up on points without the deduction).

 

I wasn't planning to go to League One games as I knew it wouldn't be a case of walking the league and I had lost the desire to watch a poor product (the Chairman chose the Managers and to chop them frequently).

 

Should the club go straight back up (which I hope they do) I don't see myself going straight back to games as we would be no more competitive in the Championship than we were before - thus going round in circles and wasting time/money with the Chairman's vision. 

 

I will be back one day - fans last longer than owners.


Out of interest, how far did you get with the proceedings.

 

Letter before action ?

 

Pre-action protocol ?

 

Did you file with MCOL and pay the fee? Did you get the fee back?

 

Interested to know.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, morganowl said:

when we were playing good football and on our way to wembley you were there , when we are struggling you and others dont want to go , been a football fan involves ups and downs unless you support man city etc . your choice, my choice is to continue to support my team even though im far from happy with the manager and the football this season.

 

Have been doing that for 50 years, time to learn from repeating the old mistake and stop being sat at away games wondering why I bothered.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:


Out of interest, how far did you get with the proceedings.

 

Letter before action ?

 

Pre-action protocol ?

 

Did you file with MCOL and pay the fee? Did you get the fee back?

 

Interested to know.

 

 

Sent three letters all unanswered, plenty of time given on each for them to respond - each one was received by the club. Didn't want to start proceeding but club fobbing me off and not communicating forced my hand. Have got fee back and club officials note on MCOL filing is that they admit the claim in full.

Edited by mdogg20
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...