Season Ticket Refund

17 hours ago, Mac_77 said:

Makes me chuckle - 

A Fan - someone who supports Wednesday. 

A Supporter - someone who supports Wednesday.

A 🔔 end - someone who tries to wedge a difference between the 2 to make themselves feel better.

**** swinging at its finest 

Love the imaginative use of the icon here!! Excellent!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

How many businesses do you know that after virtually Zero income for 18 months are still paying staff wages, let alone still operating. The last 18 months have left virtually every business with cash flow issues never mind football clubs.

Of course players come first, without players we cannot fulfil our fixtures leading to expulsion from the league, potentially no club. 
Your blind hatred for everything to do with the club is beyond me. 

Absolutely this!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Spion Kop said:

What date in July 2020 did you submit your email for the refund? I know they are now processing July onwards and wondered how far the ticket office have got, mine was 8th July for the season tickets. Still not got Bristol City tickets and coach travel back yet and the email was submitted on the 29th June 2020.

I rang up about the Bristol money and they refunded me over the phone. I had had my season ticket refund though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Like i said perspective,  £20 million, a global pandemic against £100. 
The club said you would get your money and they are doing that. Slowly and poorly communicated, absolutely. Taking the club to court at a time of unprecedented circumstances would never cross my mind. 
Just my opinion 

Well that’s your opinion, but I think differently I’m afraid. I have also been hit with the pandemic. I’ve have lost money. If you can pay players thousands it’s a kick in the teeth that you can’t get paid £100 back 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Perspective needed,

While people are moaning/ principles etc about having to go through small claims ( which they didn’t have to do ) for their cash refund of £100/ £150 or whatever it is. The big bad chairman had to find over 20 million in lost match day income from his own pocket. 
How much did these fans who desperately need the refund money save on what they would normally have spent on match days, money they had already spent when buying their season tickets. 

The above has nothing do do with how he’s managed the club, just facts. 

Maybe we shouldn’t have offered the refund option on the first place like majority of clubs. 

When you learn that Tony Pulis resigned but to save face Chansiri actually sacked him therfore he was due quite a bit of compensation, you then realise that every single fan that wants their hard earned money back in these hard times are 100% justified.

Some fans have even let the club have their money and kudos to theose, but some need it and I'll never ever criticise them for that, especially when you see how he is running the place.

• Like 3

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

When you learn that Tony Pulis resigned but to save face Chansiri actually sacked him therfore he was due quite a bit of compensation, you then realise that every single fan that wants their hard earned money back in these hard times are 100% justified.

Some fans have even let the club have their money and kudos to theose, but some need it and I'll never ever criticise them for that, especially when you see how he is running the place.

Do you have any evidence that’s what really happened with Pulis. Either way has nothing to do with what I was meaning. People taking the club to court for £100 while expecting the chairman to find 20 million in lost gate receipts while also signing new players so we can fulfil our fixtures for this season. 
Would you rather have a club or your £100 back ( perspective).

8 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

How many businesses do you know that after virtually Zero income for 18 months are still paying staff wages, let alone still operating. The last 18 months have left virtually every business with cash flow issues never mind football clubs.

Of course players come first, without players we cannot fulfil our fixtures leading to expulsion from the league, potentially no club. 
Your blind hatred for everything to do with the club is beyond me. 

Indeed but the club have not had zero income though they got £8m last season from sky alone, they then got addition support payments from the premier league and the EFL.

the EFL also secured loan agreement for every football league club.

as for the players most fans would have been happy with a few signings and a season of consolidation. When you sign 14 players, then offer new deals to Windass, Palmer, Iorfa, Paterson then, in the next breathe tell fans that £100 I owe you won't be paid this year, it is not surprisingly being look at from the chairman and the club taking the p1ss.

I don't hate the club, I love my club my problems is the Muppet running us into the ground. He has taken us from a mid table championship team losing £5m a season with no debt. In 7 years wasted the best part of £200m to make us a mid table league one team, losing £20m a season, with a squad full of free agents and loans, homeless and not paying fans money owed to them from 2 years ago.

I won't mention the points deduction, the many transfer embargos, the numerous lies told to the fans, the customers jive etc I would want you to think I have an agenda.😁😁😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Like i said perspective,  £20 million, a global pandemic against £100. 
The club said you would get your money and they are doing that. Slowly and poorly communicated, absolutely. Taking the club to court at a time of unprecedented circumstances would never cross my mind. 
Just my opinion 

There’s slow and there’s taking the p7ss 😂 ok so what’s your thought on signing players on contracts we can only dream of, whilst they still owe the fans money? 

not trying to be argumentative, just Curious to what you think 

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
8 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

There’s slow and there’s taking the p7ss 😂 ok so what’s your thought on signing players on contracts we can only dream of, whilst they still owe the fans money? 

not trying to be argumentative, just Curious to what you think 

We’ve brought in 14 players and haven’t paid a penny in transfer fees, which in my opinion has been good business. Without players we cannot fulfil fixtures, which risks expulsion from the league. The club has had to find 20 million plus from somewhere in unprecedented circumstances which is why I am more sympathetic to the refund situation.  So if it’s a choice of waiting for my £100 so we can sign players for the club I support or potentially risk the club going under, then I would wait for the refund. 
I donated 19/20 refund to the academy, last years paid for this years season ticket and the balance remains on my account and will be part payment towards next years season ticket. 
Every persons situation is different, but my choice was the club first. 

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

We’ve brought in 14 players and haven’t paid a penny in transfer fees, which in my opinion has been good business. Without players we cannot fulfil fixtures, which risks expulsion from the league. The club has had to find 20 million plus from somewhere in unprecedented circumstances which is why I am more sympathetic to the refund situation.  So if it’s a choice of waiting for my £100 so we can sign players for the club I support or potentially risk the club going under, then I would wait for the refund. 
I donated 19/20 refund to the academy, last years paid for this years season ticket and the balance remains on my account and will be part payment towards next years season ticket. 

you an effin saint mate

a condescending one at that 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Like I said, these players are on a reyt wack. If chansri has enough cash to pay them, he certainly has enough to refund us moaning about it. 

credit for what you’ve done like 👍

• Like 2

Guest Willow Owl
27 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

you an effin saint mate

a condescending one at that 

I was asked my opinion and gave it. Please tell me why it was condescending? I consider everyone equal but with different circumstances and opinions 

40 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday are not a Charity.

• Like 3

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Like I said, these players are on a reyt wack. If chansri has enough cash to pay them, he certainly has enough to refund us moaning about it. 

credit for what you’ve done like 👍

Everyone’s entitled to there opinions mate and it would be pretty boring if everyone agreed. Just that ours differ, doesn’t mean either of us right or wrong. 

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Sheffield Wednesday are not a Charity.

Never said they were, just giving my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Never said they were, just giving my opinion. 

The club were claiming it had cash flow problems so couldn't give refunds while it offered a some players a reported £27k per week for a new contract.

In my opinion Chansiri got face on because of the stick he had been given by fans on the clubs plight and dug his heels in over the refunds and has only started to clear the refunds because he has been forced into it.

• Like 6

Guest Willow Owl
9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

The club were claiming it had cash flow problems so couldn't give refunds while it offered a some players a reported £27k per week for a new contract.

In my opinion Chansiri got face on because of the stick he had been given by fans on the clubs plight and dug his heels in over the refunds and has only started to clear the refunds because he has been forced into it.

Having no match day income for 28 games, equivalent to over 20 million is not a claim its just fact. That’s why there was a 250 million bail out to the EFL from the Premier League. There is simply no evidence either that any player is on 27k at the club just speculation. 
If you believe Chansiri got the face on then that’s your opinion,

maybe they are clearing the refunds because the cash flow situation has eased a situation that has also allowed us to bring in 14 new players. 

Guest Willow Owl
11 hours ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but the club have not had zero income though they got £8m last season from sky alone, they then got addition support payments from the premier league and the EFL.

the EFL also secured loan agreement for every football league club.

as for the players most fans would have been happy with a few signings and a season of consolidation. When you sign 14 players, then offer new deals to Windass, Palmer, Iorfa, Paterson then, in the next breathe tell fans that £100 I owe you won't be paid this year, it is not surprisingly being look at from the chairman and the club taking the p1ss.

I don't hate the club, I love my club my problems is the Muppet running us into the ground. He has taken us from a mid table championship team losing £5m a season with no debt. In 7 years wasted the best part of £200m to make us a mid table league one team, losing £20m a season, with a squad full of free agents and loans, homeless and not paying fans money owed to them from 2 years ago.

I won't mention the points deduction, the many transfer embargos, the numerous lies told to the fans, the customers jive etc I would want you to think I have an agenda.😁😁😁

8 million from Sky, where did you get that figure from. The club gets 2.5 million I believe from the EFL for being in the championship( linked to TV rights). They then get approx 4.5 million from the Premier league as a loyalty payment. They get this every year so is not attached to match day income of which we have lost over 20 million. 
Sky pay 120k approx per televised match, don’t believe we more than 7 or 8 max. The EFL loan is a maximum of 8.3 million and we don’t know if it’s been taken. If taken it has to be paid back by 2024 and we have to follow strict transfer guidelines. Who pays it back ?