European Football 2021-22

Just something about games in the Bernebeu that sparks magic moments. Whether it's for Madrid or against Madrid, there is always magical moments in this ground at the knockout stages of the champions league. Literally drama every year when Madrid make it deep in this competition and it's usually the Bernebeu game that sparks it. Gutting that Liverpool will have had Benfica and Villareal to get to the final. Spozzy gets

• Like 1

I think it'll be a tight for City - Athletico are never an easy team to get past - plus the added incentive of an all Madrid semi final awaits if they can get through

As daft as it sounds and i can't really put my finger on it but City don't look as convincing as they have in the past - sure they have enough talent to get through most games at a stroll but i'm not so sure about the tightest games and the CL has been their achilles heel

55 minutes ago, scram said:

I think it'll be a tight for City - Athletico are never an easy team to get past - plus the added incentive of an all Madrid semi final awaits if they can get through

As daft as it sounds and i can't really put my finger on it but City don't look as convincing as they have in the past - sure they have enough talent to get through most games at a stroll but i'm not so sure about the tightest games and the CL has been their achilles heel

They will win the league but fall short in CL again.

Is it down to Pep overthinking it and how he sets teams up for games.

His playing with no number 9 in last years final was criminal.

City get the early goal and tonight's match is probably over and they can likely manage it quite easy. 

If they don't, then it will probably be a hard night's work even if they do get through. 

Have to say though that, if City can get through, I'd fancy them to take Real Madrid apart tbh. 

Edited by SiJ

7 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

games in the Bernebeu that sparks magic moments. Whether it's for Madrid or against Madrid, there is always magical moments in this ground at the knockout stages of the champions league.

Makes you grateful it’s being upgraded as opposed to a new ground being built. 

It’s majestic.  

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

It’ll be interesting if Atletico score first.

Man City didn’t put Liverpool away despite all their good work. 

Even more interesting if Citeh score first…and I reckon Pep might fancy Atletico having to search for goals.

RM v Chelsea was a great watch - Atletico’s 5-5-1 was grimly fascinating, but a sh*ite watch

Athletico Madrid are hilarious in European competitions. 

Proper pantomime villain stuff. 

It's like if Tony Pulis had a bash at Champs League football for a night, albeit with some skill. 

• Like 1