1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

My predictions are -

CL

MAN CITY v Liverpool 

EL

BARCELONA v Rangers 

ECL

LEICESTER v Marseille 

Not convinced Leicester will get past PSV tbh. They hung on by their fingernails last night and are having a very average season. 

Can see Carlos knocking Rangers out too. 

7 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

With their best team, in best form, Bayern may match Liverpool. I’m not confident they’ll have either.

The 2 legs of the semis are only a week apart, late April, early May, when Bayern will have won their league by weeks, allowing them to rest players. Scousers will still be going neck and neck with City for the PL. Something will have to give, in their run-in, somewhere I think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Not convinced Leicester will get past PSV tbh. They hung on by their fingernails last night and are having a very average season. 

Can see Carlos knocking Rangers out too. 

I think they should be a match for anyone in that competition hope they are anyway. 

Be tough for Rangers but they couldn't have asked for a better draw imo and they've done reasonably well in Europe for a few seasons now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

The 2 legs of the semis are only a week apart, late April, early May, when Bayern will have won their league by weeks, allowing them to rest players. Scousers will still be going neck and neck with City for the PL. Something will have to give, in their run-in, somewhere I think.

Surely that is an advantage for Liverpool in such circumstances? 

Going full pelt week after week is easier then turning it on when it suits

Bayern are a top team, but I think Liverpool will edge them over the course of two legs. 

Liverpool are going to do something special this season imo. Just got that feeling. 

Oh well, we will only have to hear about it for the next 50-years. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Surely that is an advantage for Liverpool in such circumstances? 

Going full pelt week after week is easier then turning it on when it suits

Remains to be seen mate. I don’t know how players feel about that kind of schedule. Won’t fatigue, injuries, suspensions & travelling catch up with them eventually? 🤷🏻‍♂️