European Football 2021-22

1 minute ago, WatfordOwl said:

Simeone and Atleico are the biggest shythouses in European football.

They are, but I couldn't help but laugh at all that. 

They are beyond parody. 

2 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Simeone and Atleico are the biggest shythouses in European football.

It was so funny watching the City players wasting time. Athletico are absolutely horrendous as a group of players.

Just now, trev said:

It was so funny watching the City players wasting time. Athletico are absolutely horrendous as a group of players.

Got to be like a game of FIFA where the other team can't even foul you. 

Always devestating to see that model professional Suarez upset with a defeat.

3 minutes ago, scram said:

Athletico are built in the image of their manager

Brutal but effective

Maybe it’s time they changed the manager then, because when they concentrate on playing football they’re very good.  A more progressive approach in the first leg might have seen them through to the semi-final.

I can't imagine they play like that week in week out in La Liga. 

After all, they are more often than not one of the top three sides in the league these days. 

Appreciate they want to level the playing field against sides who are probably better than them, but it does get to farcical levels. 

Edited by SiJ

Huff n puff Atletico

All emotion - perfect-Simeone….mismanaged it
Why didn’t he press MUCH earlier…it clearly caused a problem for Citeh (I felt that same “why didn’t he ” after the playoffs v Hudds and ESPECIALLY after PO final v Hull)

Simeone is a dirty Argy piece of sh*it and I hope he doesn’t feel too bad about his exit…

3 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Maybe it’s time they changed the manager then, because when they concentrate on playing football they’re very good.  A more progressive approach in the first leg might have seen them through to the semi-final.

If they go toe to toe with City they'll get soundly beaten

• Like 1

Tbf, that's probably one of the most impressive performances I've seen from Pep's City side. 

The reason for that is it was so unlike them. 

Usually, they are just going to blow teams away with great football. Tonight, they battled it out and grinded out a narrow win against a horrific team to play. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, that's probably one of the most impressive performances I've seen from Pep's City side. 

The reason for that is it was so unlike them. 

Usually, they are just going to blow teams away with great football. Tonight, they battled it out and grinded out a narrow win against a horrific team to play. 

100%. That’s what I meant above when I said Athletico are potentially a bigger test for City than Real.

The style, the atmosphere, everything…City have always carried a softness and a vulnerability in CL football, so it was quite impressive watching them put Athletico away tonight IMO. 

Complete anti football from Simeone, they’ve got some very talented players and he wanted to make it a war.

Everytime Atletico went forward they looked dangerous yet in the last 15mins completely lost their heads just like their manager trying to kick people rather than play football.

Ref should have sent off Savic as well disgraceful footballer.

Hope UEFA fine the manager & the players involved at the end. That’s no advert for Champions league football.

• Like 1