Paterson

Yep can absolutely see why DM picked him tonight, and hoping that silences those crying that Moore's lineups are random. Paterson was all over them from the first minute right up until the very end, closing them down and making them panic into playing long balls or making mistakes. And not only that, but showing up with a wonderstrike to score the winning goal when we needed it. 

Well played Darren Moore.

• Like 4

One moment of quality I'll grant you that!

Other than that he was garbage, cant control the ball cant pass it, doesn't hold the ball up. I'll never question his effort just his quality. He probably looked good tonight alongside Gregory, but then again my nan would have been better than Gregory.

Edited by jonnyowl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Amazing the bile he gets on here from certain folk.

But tonight he had a great effort saved in first half, unlucky with an effort in 2nd half and then a cracking goal.

He gets picked for a reason and has again silenced the haters.

I admit I didn't fancy him in the starting line up but he played well. I'd say that's his best game for us.

• Like 1

Top man worked hard, gave 110% got to be in starting line up next game, because we signed so many players in the summer we wanted them to be better than last year  'a fresh start' but now looking back at that he did last season in a bob-babar team in a higher league he got goals, should give him a chance in L1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Other than that he was garbage, cant control the ball cant pass it, doesn't hold the ball up. I'll never question his effort just his quality. He probably looked good tonight alongside Gregory, but then again my nan would have been better than Gregory.

3 moments to be fair. The long range volley, the flick and shot, the goal. As well as tireless work. 

Gregory was outstanding as well apart from the miss. Everything stuck, ran for everything, set up a goal. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Amazing the bile he gets on here from certain folk.

But tonight he had a great effort saved in first half, unlucky with an effort in 2nd half and then a cracking goal.

He gets picked for a reason and has again silenced the haters.

Because he’s rubbish! Good goal yes, but let’s not hide the fact he Absolutly has zero footballing ability! 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, ruscol85 said:

3 moments to be fair. The long range volley, the flick and shot, the goal. As well as tireless work. 

Gregory was outstanding as well apart from the miss. Everything stuck, ran for everything, set up a goal. 

Nothing stuck with Gregory, there were at least three or four throwins were the ball just bounced off of him and back out for a throwin.

9 minutes ago, S6ToBerlin said:

Yep can absolutely see why DM picked him tonight, and hoping that silences those crying that Moore's lineups are random. Paterson was all over them from the first minute right up until the very end, closing them down and making them panic into playing long balls or making mistakes. And not only that, but showing up with a wonderstrike to score the winning goal when we needed it. 

Well played Darren Moore.

Well played Darren Moore ???

Patterson should have been in the team all season 

• Like 1

Just now, jonnyowl said:

Nothing stuck with Gregory, there were at least three or four throwins were the ball just bounced off of him and back out for a throwin.

Agree to disagree eh?

He had players around him, who he brought into play, ran tirelessly to such an extent he forced the mistake for Paterson’s goal (as well as a nice cross), had one great effort (and one not so good one). 

Anyway, like I said, agree to disagree

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt said:

Well played Darren Moore ???

Patterson should have been in the team all season 

Nah in the games where we've had most of the ball Paterson would have been useless. DM clearly knew how Wigan were going to set up and Paterson countered them perfectly.

11 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I totally see your point, but he’s in a squad lacking quality.

Who has looked better in that role than Paterson?

• Like 3