Paterson

9 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

What’s footballing ability ? Good first touch ? Great vision ? One touch passing ? Sod that I’ll take a genuine goal threat ,hard working sh@thouse who makes things happen , whilst where in division 3 thank you ! 

That old chestnut….. hard working 😂!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, steelerian said:

He got the job done tonight. I cant believe anyone is choosing tongiht of all nights to have a pop at Pato. Wow.

He is a bit unorthodox, looks like your drunk uncle at Christmas, but to be fair to the lad he played well tonight

And more than anything, he knows where the net is. How many other players do we have that we can say that about?....think about it for a moment......

He looks like hes lost a load of weight and looks much fitter - he was thrashing down their defenders in the 92nd minute 

Well in Paterson 

• Like 1

He did well. I still don't know where he plays positionally, which is as much of a headache to the opposition as it is to us. 

I think to play Paterson, is because we want to play Paterson, rather than a player in a certain position. In that free role between midfield and attack he did well, also did well at times last season in a similar role.

Can't fault his energy and work rate, never have. Got involved in the game last night and took his goal very well indeed.

• Love 1

This is League One. The third tier of English football. A large nasty Scottish gentleman who looks like a badger can run for 95 mins while endlessly booting, elbowing, charging and engaging in all round shîthousery is exactly what we need. Plus he scored a sublime goal. I’m sure Corbeanu, Shodipo etc are better footballers. But this is League One people! Power beats skill every time. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, thatladfromchap said:

Wednesday fans:

"All we want is players who work hard and play with bit of PASHUN"

Paterson: works hard, plays with a bit of pashun and chips in with a few goals to boot.

Wednesday fans:

Noooo not like that!!1! 

Nail on head.

He can put the ball away. He’s always had a clean strike on him. Not sure why he’s not started more 

Think we’re slowly realising that you won’t get out of this league with just lightweight, technical players.

You need some hitters 

Edited by FreshOwl