“ League One will be good fun “

15 hours ago, SiJ said:

I question our attitude and application.

Probably got the ability to do well, but my god do we look mentally soft again.

Slightest setback and it all goes to pot. Got no chance of getting promoted if that keeps happening.

Bring forward His Ginger Highness to remedy this problem.

#itsallaboutwinning

48 minutes ago, Sprinkler said:

I question our attitude and application.

Probably got the ability to do well, but my god do we look mentally soft again.

Slightest setback and it all goes to pot. Got no chance of getting promoted 

He says after 7 games of a 46 game season where we are 2 points off the play offs.

Wind the clock back 3 games and we had some on here thinking we were a shoe in for the top spot. And here we are after three indifferent results and two poor performances and the sky is caving in. The truth is our final league standing is still anyone of 24 positions........albeit top spot looks a little less likely. lol

There's a long way to go first and foremost.

Being concerned about our tactical shortcomings is legitimate but it can still be addressed in good time although I believe DM needs some outside assistance with this and he must be pragmatic. Likewise, the general concern around temperament and mentality can also be addressed, DM has more chance of achieving this on his own than the former.

It wasn't that long ago that we had very few players and even less hope. There's still plenty of time to put things right. Lets not jump until we have to.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

The last three results but not the performances. We’ve only really been awful against Plymouth. We did enough to win yesterday. Admittedly, It wasn’t great but we missed a penalty and had a good goal ruled out and we battered Morecambe and lost. 
Yes it’s frustrating but I simply don’t understand the panic on here at the moment. We all want us to win every game 3-0 and play like 1970’s Brazil but realistically that was never going to happen with so many new players. I’m sure it will come together given a bit of time. 

Theres still Championship players in DM team mate, Wing was  flying(ha ha) under Paul Warne,and what still 2 Millionaires at least still playing for us??

Performances have been poor in my view,playing across the back,rather than forward to one striker?

We should be walloping teams every game,and the reason we arnt is DM poor tactics,game management,& poor subs in my view.

Didnt start this Year either did it?.....

Cant hold DM responsible for our demise lst Year,but look at the unnecessary points we dropped trying to play out from the back.....

When he changed it,for one match we easily beat a very good Barnsley side....who than went on to achieve a play off place...

3 hours ago, Morepork said:

Wind the clock back 3 games and we had some on here thinking we were a shoe in for the top spot. And here we are after three indifferent results and two poor performances and the sky is caving in. The truth is our final league standing is still anyone of 24 positions........albeit top spot looks a little less likely. lol

There's a long way to go first and foremost.

Being concerned about our tactical shortcomings is legitimate but it can still be addressed in good time although I believe DM needs some outside assistance with this and he must be pragmatic. Likewise, the general concern around temperament and mentality can also be addressed, DM has more chance of achieving this on his own than the former.

It wasn't that long ago that we had very few players and even less hope. There's still plenty of time to put things right. Lets not jump until we have to.

DM is looking like a one trick pony,and who on here wants the lottery of the play offs? What are we incapable of doing what Rotherham did?...or Paul Warne?...

Look at the teams above us FFS and the teams who we have been humbled by....its not panic,its about thinking we are being humbled and thumped by Div 3 Teams,...THREE FFS.....

Remember the initial marketing after  our initial relegation to the Championship...I DO

Get your Premier League return season tickets(or similar..long time ago)

How did that go??...DM needs to change & i see no sign  at all..that he has any intention of doing so...

DM should be told that winning and being top spot,are to be our goal this Year,or your gone....and to stop the predictable possession football that goes nowhere

BB & SH doing nothing,Bannan needs taking off all dead ball,free kicks,and corner responsibility, stop him dropping so deep(or drop him if he wont/cant do it) & give someone else the responsibility of running the midfield.

Defend by getting and keeping the ball in the opponents final third,the only place we can put pressure on,and force opponents to make mistakes,foul,win corners,free kicks etc etc

All things that could be reasonably expected at this standard & from which  we are more likely to score more goals...

Play 442 and push forward.....with pace..........and DM if your tactics are not working dont bury your head in the sand,do something to change it!!!! at least try...

We've started life in League 1 exactly how I thought we would.

it's not quite panic stations just yet, but I do fear a meltdown with Ipswich and Wigan up next. I dread to think what it will be like if we end up with nil-pwa from these games.

As somebody has said on this thread, no doubting this squad's ability but while this soft-centred mentality still exists within the squad, we'll struggle to adapt to adversity and that will be our downfall. Moore has to address this if we are to be successful. 

This is a very good interview and shows the aspects of management you perhaps overlook. It also echos the job Moore has done in terms of changing the personnel and the attitude around the club. Wilder also goes on to say he's good mates with Moore and he'll do a good job.

Hopefully the performances will come but when people talk about what Moore has actually done it always disappoints me as he's completely rebuilt aspects of the club which were broken and rotten to the core. I still feel like we need to give him time; whether that results in success or not.

• Like 2

We've been competitive  in 6 of the 7 games and probably unlucky not to have 3 more points ....we play some nice stuff at times which is pleasing on the eye  ......hopefully when moore discovers what his best 11 is and sticks with it we'll become a bit more consistent  .

Since losing against Hull we've had a midfield that's lacked really strength and determination that can control games.

It's still the same. I'm beginning to wonder wtf is wrong with any manager that comes in and thinks 'attractive' skilful football will get us promoted if we play like it every game. 

We get dragged around when teams realise we can be steamrollered. For bloody seasons. 

Anyways .. another mediocre season where we get owned by teams less skilful but with more fight and bite. 

On 20/09/2021 at 11:33, torryowl said:

We've been competitive  in 6 of the 7 games and probably unlucky not to have 3 more points ....we play some nice stuff at times which is pleasing on the eye  ......hopefully when moore discovers what his best 11 is and sticks with it we'll become a bit more consistent  .

What's 'pleasing on the eye' about passing the ball about, in your own final third, sometimes across the front of your own 18 yard box?? That is exactly the danger area the opposition want the ball to be in, and we allow them to challenge for it and press there,without making them work hard by our insistence on 'playing it out from the back' inevitable mistakes and 'panic; ensues with a poor pass or tackle leading to us losing possession, and our opponents seizing the initiative.

Goal scoring chances, crosses into the box, free kicks and penalty's given away.very often  follow(remember last season??).....BANG  we are 0-1 down,swifly followed usually in my view, by 11 heads going in the same direction.....

These posts make me laugh. Why do people think that we should do better or play differently or change tactics. How long do need to follow Wednesday to realise. 

What will happen will happen. 

Our opinions mean Jack sh@t

We in league 1 for a reason. 

And finally and most importantly its much more fun supporting Wednesday with zero expectations. 

Also I hate the true supporters cliché but let's face it if you only interested in watching Wednesday when they are winning or in the top 3 of table or when playing the bigger football teams. Really you supporting the wrong club. Your time following Wednesday will be just disappointment and frustration. 

Posts that say I have had enough or that's final straw are from people who are inexperienced fans or have very short memories. 

If ever there was a season to just be glad to be able to attend the games and have little or no expectations of big teams as opponents and not knowing what our current players are capable of. IT IS THIS SEASON.