Doncaster fans preview of Saturdays match

Oy, for all of you slagging Donny off, just be aware that rather a large proportion of us Wednesday fans come from here.

*The town centre isn't that bad, it's just the crackheads in it. Hence that's why I never go there. 

• Like 2

They just don't register. 

I mean Barnsley barely do, but at least there's a bit of something when we play them. 

I do quite loathe Rotherham, but then that is largely due to their weird sucking up to Dem Blades over the years and the one Rotherham fan I know is a complete helmet. 

Donny...meh. Just nothing. 

Hope we beat them and get on with the rest of the season. 

And yes, the whole "Wendies" thing is just...I mean, yes, well done, and get on with your bitter rant about how we are this and that. 

The fact is half the time these people don't really know what they are talking about and just make stuff up. 

Firstly, I’d make the point that if you’re going to say that much,  at least try to make it accurate….

Beyond that, I enjoy a bit of rivalry and banter but I genuinely struggle with the amount of hate some individuals carry through their daily lives. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Somewhere near Hayfield and Lindholme fisheries I think.

I know they have a prison too. The rest of us got cinema complexes and leisure facilities, they got a prison. 

That was actually the backup plan for Meadowhall if it didn’t work as a shopping centre.

True story.

Have I just read a post from a Donny 'fan' admitting he went to watch Leeds at Hillsborough a few years ago 😳

Very similar to Rotherham fans, all sit in the local on a Sunday watching the TV cheering for Man U/Liverpool/Man City/Chelsea/Arsenal but also claim to support their local team. The worst kind of football supporter. 

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
6 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Wards was absolute nectar if kept right 

Certainly was, and no issues with constipation. 

Some of the comments on that thread are amazing 

"Wednesday were not fluent" - **** me, first game in and 12 new players - who would have thought it

"This isnt and never has been a big game for us or them. As much as their self righteous fans think everyone is obsessed with them" - as they discuss Wednesday and the city of Sheffield in a topic and disect the whole club to pieces, sure.... 

"I have never had any problems with blades folk. Now, as for them knuckle draggers down at S6" - The good old 'never had a problem with their neighbours, but them...' comments we see over and over again. And we'll see the same comments about the Blades when they play them... 

"These poor souls think theyre massive" - Hit us where it hurts ey... 

"They are nowhere near the club they used to be" - Wait, what? Really? 

"They claim they dont care about us" - We really really don't, when did we ever talk about Doncaster ever apart from being in the same league as them? 

Quality content, 10/10. 3-0 Wednesday incoming. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StarmanNWC said:

That was actually the backup plan for Meadowhall if it didn’t work as a shopping centre.

True story.

Nah!

Urban myth, same as the "true story" that they store hundreds of body bags in case of terrorist attack.

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

"I have never had any problems with blades folk. Now, as for them knuckle draggers down at S6"

It's funny you know, whenever I read or hear that kind of sentiment expressed (usually by a supporter of one of the lesser local sides) my own experience is quite the opposite - anybody I've ever known whose settled in Sheffield as an adult has, without fail, chosen Wednesday usually after a run in with United fans. 

Let's face it, they're not going to pick us for the glory or scintillating football are they?😅

6 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Nah!

Urban myth, same as the "true story" that they store hundreds of body bags in case of terrorist attack.

Prison thing is actually true. Heard that one directly from the guy who was Lord Mayor at the time Meadowhall was going through planning permission.

They don’t need body bags, have you seen the size of the carrier bags at Primark? 😂

• Haha 1