Doncaster fans preview of Saturdays match

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Rovers fans are crap, mainly old blokes that started supporting them when they had a good run league one to the championship. 

sounds a bit like us that? we are defo an ageing support and we need to do much more to get the share of kids supporting us , getting free or half price tickets given to schools etc like they do at the stain gets kids in and possibly gets them hooked. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I enjoyed this. lol

A game I refuse to go to and give any money to financial cheats gets that off my chest.
 much fancied to go back to the Championship first time Wendies will be licking their lips  taking us on,a team in a complete rebuild period, and injuries and Covid taking its toll on an already small squad.
  On the face of it their supporters will be looking at this game as a three points in the bag game.
 Looking at their side with luminaries such as Bannan and Hutchinson at the heart of it  that who are probably on imaginary wages ( well as far as their owner is concerned they are fantasy he doesn't pay them it's easy) on more between them than the whole of our squad.
  So let's look at the reason they are playing against us in the junior league, Oh it's because nobody else wants them, they have been poor for the last three seasons  in the Championship and the way their club runs it finances should not be even in the EFL if they were Chester or Hereford they wouldn't be.
  So what chance has little old Doncaster got in this game?I would say about even, based on the fact they have like us played two games, have yet to score a goal, are a side that over the last few seasons are used to losing games and have that mentality, and a manager that is not the brightest tactical brain on the planet.
  Whether the Wendies players outside the first team squad have worked it out yet to get out of there or stagnate in the short time he has been there is questionable, but will eventually undermine the spirit in the club make no mistake.
 Back to us, we are miles off a finished article, Saturday we were poor, but we can't say they didn't try, and last night we were better, not great, but better as the game went on and with one or two starting to show their worth, and seemingly have no shrinking violets like last season when effort wise we were pathetic after December with no character at all in the side, this side has reversed that trend and at least play with energy.
   The win in the penalty shoot out last night I thought could be a turning point both on and off the field of play, and it taking part at our end contributed greatly.
   The Keeper was fantastic, in fact both were making some great saves,but that was the first time in a long time the players and supporters became one, only a small band of 300ish but what an outpouring of joy, and pride in the team. and the team I am sure were aware of what wearing the shirt means to the supporters and now know that as long as they give their best, the supporters will get right behind them, carry that into Saturday and the game will not be easy for them, a side who are a big name and small in stature as a club being dragged in the gutter.
  Have we a chance at the massive small club?
  Looking at the Wendies team sheet, is there really anything there to scare you?
  Are we likely to get a couple in for this game? probably loans if so.
  Which of our new players have impressed you?
  Are you going?
  Lot's to discuss about this game, lot's to discuss about the team, please have your say. Wendies fans welcome.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=53e2958be5721f12c322186535fb4873&topic=281814.0

If we dont beat this little club...were fukced  😉😉

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

sounds a bit like us that? we are defo an ageing support and we need to do much more to get the share of kids supporting us , getting free or half price tickets given to schools etc like they do at the stain gets kids in and possibly gets them hooked. 

Nah that’s the type of thing Rovers would do. Plenty of young people at Hillsborough. Keepmoat is literally old men and young families. It’s a terrible atmosphere 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Nah that’s the type of thing Rovers would do. Plenty of young people at Hillsborough. Keepmoat is literally old men and young families. It’s a terrible atmosphere 

probably cause the lads in there 20s and 30s go to leeds to act all big . leeds a club full of thugs as every clubs supporters will tell you , even a millwall supporter on saturday was on about leeds and there thugs it was comedy . 

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

probably cause the lads in there 20s and 30s go to leeds to act all big . leeds a club full of thugs as every clubs supporters will tell you , even a millwall supporter on saturday was on about leeds and there thugs it was comedy . 

Loads of Wednesday fans in Doncaster 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bradowl said:

I've never known, met or even spoken to a Doncaster fan ever so can't really say they're annoying like Barnsley and Rotherham fans. 

They use to be one on football heaven all time when they was in Championship who kept telling everyone that Doncaster Rovers are South Yorkshire's premier team, bigger than both Sheffield clubs. :tango:

Derek the Donkey Rovers Fan.:tango:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I enjoyed this. lol

A game I refuse to go to and give any money to financial cheats gets that off my chest.
 much fancied to go back to the Championship first time Wendies will be licking their lips  taking us on,a team in a complete rebuild period, and injuries and Covid taking its toll on an already small squad.
  On the face of it their supporters will be looking at this game as a three points in the bag game.
 Looking at their side with luminaries such as Bannan and Hutchinson at the heart of it  that who are probably on imaginary wages ( well as far as their owner is concerned they are fantasy he doesn't pay them it's easy) on more between them than the whole of our squad.
  So let's look at the reason they are playing against us in the junior league, Oh it's because nobody else wants them, they have been poor for the last three seasons  in the Championship and the way their club runs it finances should not be even in the EFL if they were Chester or Hereford they wouldn't be.
  So what chance has little old Doncaster got in this game?I would say about even, based on the fact they have like us played two games, have yet to score a goal, are a side that over the last few seasons are used to losing games and have that mentality, and a manager that is not the brightest tactical brain on the planet.
  Whether the Wendies players outside the first team squad have worked it out yet to get out of there or stagnate in the short time he has been there is questionable, but will eventually undermine the spirit in the club make no mistake.
 Back to us, we are miles off a finished article, Saturday we were poor, but we can't say they didn't try, and last night we were better, not great, but better as the game went on and with one or two starting to show their worth, and seemingly have no shrinking violets like last season when effort wise we were pathetic after December with no character at all in the side, this side has reversed that trend and at least play with energy.
   The win in the penalty shoot out last night I thought could be a turning point both on and off the field of play, and it taking part at our end contributed greatly.
   The Keeper was fantastic, in fact both were making some great saves,but that was the first time in a long time the players and supporters became one, only a small band of 300ish but what an outpouring of joy, and pride in the team. and the team I am sure were aware of what wearing the shirt means to the supporters and now know that as long as they give their best, the supporters will get right behind them, carry that into Saturday and the game will not be easy for them, a side who are a big name and small in stature as a club being dragged in the gutter.
  Have we a chance at the massive small club?
  Looking at the Wendies team sheet, is there really anything there to scare you?
  Are we likely to get a couple in for this game? probably loans if so.
  Which of our new players have impressed you?
  Are you going?
  Lot's to discuss about this game, lot's to discuss about the team, please have your say. Wendies fans welcome.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=53e2958be5721f12c322186535fb4873&topic=281814.0

Bitter mini mini pig. 

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

doncaster is a pathetic place really as half the town support leeds and cant be bothered to support there local club. a town as big as doncaster should easily get 15000 every week . 

There's loads of Wednesdayites in Doncaster

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Dogging mate, dogging

Old Bawtry Road that runs alongside the airport is where the action is

Apparently

Don’t have a postcode do you. Asking for a mate 🤥