Doncaster fans preview of Saturdays match

I've never known, met or even spoken to a Doncaster fan ever so can't really say they're annoying like Barnsley and Rotherham fans. 

They use to be one on football heaven all time when they was in Championship who kept telling everyone that Doncaster Rovers are South Yorkshire's premier team, bigger than both Sheffield clubs. :tango:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Clicked the link thinking it would be interesting to see what their fans are saying about us.. there's 0 replies to the opening post. And its the same on practically all the threads on their board.. pointless having a board if you've got no fans to debate with

their whole fanbase has joined in now.

I live in Donny now, it's all gone quiet on our estate

Had plenty of the 'weather is bad in Sheffield, it's minus 12' and stuff, when we got the points deducted

Had a bit more stick when we got relegated, but nothing since we pinched their manager

I don't mind people having a pop, it's all good fun

I'm usually wearing something with a Wednesday crest on, whether it be shirt, shorts or hat, win lose or draw, so I leave myself open

Life would be boring without a bit of banter

• Like 3

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

5 hours ago, beswetherick said:

They beat League Two Walsall on penalties (after drawing 0-0) in a League Cup first round match

lol 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure we also beat Walsall on penalties last season after drawing 0-0 in a League Cup first round match.

Spooky coincidence.

5 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Clicked the link thinking it would be interesting to see what their fans are saying about us.. there's 0 replies to the opening post. And its the same on practically all the threads on their board.. pointless having a board if you've got no fans to debate with

The poster likes talking to himself, it's the only chance he has of getting a semi-intelligent response!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheGreatNebber said:

I wonder if us taking Darren Moore has made an impact but I don't remember any particular animosity from Donny fans in the past. Maybe it's because we've not played them for a while but I'd always thought of them having a bit more class than Rotherham fans who seem all too happy to align themselves with United. 

Let's face it, that's not difficult!

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, gazzatheowl said:

their whole fanbase has joined in now.

There are three of them.

I'm guessing the forum owner must have a bunch of alts like Neil absolutely doesn't ever use.

My main takeaway from that thread is that they have someone called 'Big Bogle'...

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, niallzi said:

If you fancy a laugh check out this one, they're all arguing about how small they are and justifying not selling out their initial allocation 😂😂😂

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=281785.30 

‘Seen on Facebook Rovers fans are doing same as Saturday marching to the ground with flags drums etc through Sheffield. 

Wonder what the locals will make of that’.

lol

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

‘Seen on Facebook Rovers fans are doing same as Saturday marching to the ground with flags drums etc through Sheffield. 

Wonder what the locals will make of that’.

lol

Bet we had more marching in my old scout band in the 60's and 70's!

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, niallzi said:

If you fancy a laugh check out this one, they're all arguing about how small they are and justifying not selling out their initial allocation 😂😂😂

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=281785.30 

Jesus Christ, My Eyes!!!

I forget how well put together Owlstalk is compared to other 'forums'.

Don't tell Neil I said that.

• Haha 2