All kicking off at Derby

42 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Leave it, just for once, leave the slagging until after the match, was in a good mood and looking forward to the game,

only to deflated by vindictive posts about the Chairman, let's enjoy the day, I'm sure they'll be more opportunities for 

you to slag him off after the game.

(I know this wasn't aimed directly at our chairman, but we do know how you work)

And what if 'slagging off' Chansiri is an important part of enjoying the day?

• Haha 2

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, owlinexile said:

And what if 'slagging off' Chansiri is an important part of enjoying the day?

I’m hoping this is tongue in cheek.
If not, Would you find 20,000 + people slagging off your family all over social media, part of an enjoyable day.

FFS 🤦‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, daleblue said:

Leave it, just for once, leave the slagging until after the match, was in a good mood and looking forward to the game,

only to deflated by vindictive posts about the Chairman, let's enjoy the day, I'm sure they'll be more opportunities for 

(I know this wasn't aimed directly at our chairman, but we do know how you work)

Chansiri is a clown and a massive tail.

Enjoy your day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daleblue said:

Nope

I will (always) say and post anything I wish to.

My post was accurate, non-vindictive (despite your over emotional blackmail attempt by making it sound all dramatic n that) and I'm entitled to post it

Sorry if that doesn't fit your agenda 

Now - enjoy your day and maybe stay out of the political threads if you don't want any mention of chairmen at football clubs x

For anyone reading this and wondering what's been posted that is so bad that daleblue has started crying about, here's what I posted about the decisions that are made by chairmen at football clubs to break rules that Daleblue has spat his over emotional dummy out over:

Screenshot 2021-08-07 at 13.40.56.jpg

My point is simply that P&S isn't able to stop clubs going for promotion by overspending and getting into financial difficulties, because some of the people running football clubs have bad morals and ethics and are willing to break rules and just plain cheat.

If anyone (else apart from the overdramatic oversensitive overemotional daleblue) can prove the post I made to be incorrect I'm all ears.

Personally I'd rather focus on todays game and the 3 points we are going to get than have to deal with Daleblue's oversensitive misreading of one of my posts but hey...

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

I will (always) say and post anything I wish to.

My post was accurate, non-vindictive (despite your over emotional blackmail attempt by making it sound all dramatic n that) and I'm entitled to post it

Sorry if that doesn't fit your agenda 

Now - enjoy your day and maybe stay out of the political threads if you don't want any mention of chairmen at football clubs x

For anyone reading this and wondering what's been posted that is so bad that daleblue has started crying about, here's what I posted about the decisions that are made by chairmen at football clubs to break rules that Daleblue has spat his over emotional dummy out over:

Screenshot 2021-08-07 at 13.40.56.jpg

My point is simply that P&S isn't able to stop clubs going for promotion by overspending and getting into financial difficulties, because some of the people running football clubs have bad morals and ethics and are willing to break rules and just plain cheat.

If anyone (else apart from the overdramatic oversensitive overemotional daleblue) can prove the post I made to be incorrect I'm all ears.

Personally I'd rather focus on todays game and the 3 points we are going to get than have to deal with Daleblue's oversensitive misreading of one of my posts but hey...

Oh OK that's fine then, didn't want to upset you. 

48 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

I’m hoping this is tongue in cheek.
If not, Would you find 20,000 + people slagging off your family all over social media, part of an enjoyable day.

FFS 🤦‍♂️ 

Dunno.

I haven't financially ruined a 150-year-old institution on the other side of the world with my narcissism and incompetence.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Chansiri is a clown and a massive tail.

Enjoy your day.

He is, he's given us plenty of evidence of mismanagement over the last few years.

Maybe the tide has turned and he's finally realised what he needs to do. Far too early to be sure but there is a glimmer of hope. 

It looks like appointing Moore was his first step. Getting rid of his advisor the second. Letting Moore bring in the players he wanted the third and keeping his head down the fourth.

It's a long road to redemption but the first step is the hardest. No plaudits yet, just the realisation that something might be changing for the better.

Maybe I'm just suffering from first day of the season optimism.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, prowl said:

He is, he's given us plenty of evidence of mismanagement over the last few years.

Maybe the tide has turned and he's finally realised what he needs to do. Far too early to be sure but there is a glimmer of hope. 

It looks like appointing Moore was his first step. Getting rid of his advisor the second. Letting Moore bring in the players he wanted the third and keeping his head down the fourth.

It's a long road to redemption but the first step is the hardest. No plaudits yet, just the realisation that something might be changing for the better.

I hate DC for the disgraceful way he has run the club and the horrendous decisions he has made and have openly criticised him massively.

However, if he builds on the last few weeks and learns from his mistakes, I’ll back him to the hilt.

• Like 2

Just now, sw1867 said:

I hate DC for the disgraceful way he has run the club and the horrendous decisions he has made and have openly criticised him massively.

However, if he builds on the last few weeks and learns from his mistakes, I’ll back him to the hilt.

I'm still not convinced he won't regress to his old ways but it does feel like something has changed.

Credit where it is due but don't let your guard down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'm still not convinced he won't regress to his old ways but it does feel like something has changed.

Credit where it is due but don't let your guard down.

True, and his track record suggests he will however, Ive spent a lot of the last few years being down, frustrated and angry with Wednesday.

It’s depressing and unhealthy to keep thinking like that, especially when there are early signs of recovery.

Like you say, credit where it’s due. I won’t forget but I’m prepared to forgive and move forward.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

To be fair I think a lot of those freedoms extended to Darren Moore would have been also extended to Steve Bruce, so yes I agree, a welcome change of strategy , but not a unique one.

Still plenty of mismanagement to point the finger at but the Steve Bruce thing was 100 % backed by the fan base & the eventual outcome was out of DCs control. 

I applaud & agree with the optimism though and hope we can move on to a new chapter.

If things DO come good (and the early signs are hugely positive). Is it beyond the realms that even if we can’t FORGET the mistakes that DC made, can we at least FORGIVE him to some extent, put them down to inexperience, naivety, ego, whatever and move on.

Can we bring ourselves to judge him on recent events rather than historical ones?

Without this ‘closure’ and an end to the constant carping & criticism ( and worse) I fail to see how we move on as a once again, united fan base.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Can we bring ourselves to judge him on recent events rather than historical ones?

Not yet. Certainly not for me. Too many bad decisions, too much blaming the fans. Too much arrogance.

Let's see how he does when he comes back to this country, let's see what he says to the local press and what he says at any fans meetings that may be held.

If he manages to steer a course safely through those and things are on an even keel at the end of the season then I'll review my stance.

(by even keel I don't mean the team doing well, I'm more interested in wages being paid on time, staying inside any P&S requirements etc.)

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Ok.

He recently got us relegated due to a points deduction caused by his decisions, and then recently got us a further suspended points deduction and a ban from paying any money for players due to his inability to pay the players on time.

21 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Ok.

He recently got us relegated due to a points deduction caused by his decisions, and then recently got us a further suspended points deduction and a ban from paying any money for players due to his inability to pay the players on time.

Fine.

Let’s continue in the never ending bitter, divisive self defeating spiral of negativity then.

Sure it will be a guarantee of success.

Probably need to pick a new scapegoat on the pitch as well while we’re at it.