All kicking off at Derby

11 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Fine.

Let’s continue in the never ending bitter, divisive self defeating spiral of negativity then.

Sure it will be a guarantee of success.

Probably need to pick a new scapegoat on the pitch as well while we’re at it.

Whether or not people continue to point out that Chansiri is a narcissistic fool who should never have been allowed anywhere near a football club in the first place has no bearing whatsoever on the club's success or lack of same.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

To be fair I think a lot of those freedoms extended to Darren Moore would have been also extended to Steve Bruce, so yes I agree, a welcome change of strategy , but not a unique one.

Still plenty of mismanagement to point the finger at but the Steve Bruce thing was 100 % backed by the fan base & the eventual outcome was out of DCs control. 

I applaud & agree with the optimism though and hope we can move on to a new chapter.

If things DO come good (and the early signs are hugely positive). Is it beyond the realms that even if we can’t FORGET the mistakes that DC made, can we at least FORGIVE him to some extent, put them down to inexperience, naivety, ego, whatever and move on.

Can we bring ourselves to judge him on recent events rather than historical ones?

Without this ‘closure’ and an end to the constant carping & criticism ( and worse) I fail to see how we move on as a once again, united fan base.

I will ignore the U word you accidentally used there but agree with your post 

It’s time to just forget about this chairman now and not mention or think about him until/unless he starts picking fights with everyone again 

Time to move onwards and upwards! 👍❤️

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Chansiri is a fuuking clown, there is no evidence to show that he wont continue to act like the clown he is. I hope to be proved wrong but I don't believe we can either forgive or forget is work here. He has embarrassed us all and tyenbest we can hope for is for him to leave us where he found, an established mid table Championship club.

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
8 hours ago, owlinexile said:

Dunno.

I haven't financially ruined a 150-year-old institution on the other side of the world with my narcissism and incompetence.

Not what I asked, 

17 hours ago, owlinexile said:

Whether or not people continue to point out that Chansiri is a narcissistic fool who should never have been allowed anywhere near a football club in the first place has no bearing whatsoever on the club's success or lack of same.

That is, if I may say so, a very naive point of view.

The idea that events, opinions, internal strife at boardroom level have no “bearing whatsoever on the club’s success” have no bearing in reality.

You cannot achieve ANYTHING when people are pulling in different directions. We should know that better than anyone.

I sometimes think some people put their dogmatic hatred of Chansiri before the success of the ‘new regime’ under Darren Moore.

Neil’s thread about being ‘in or out’ is a good case in point. I wonder how many professing their commitment to the ‘in’ cause, are simultaneously spreading poison about how the club has been run prior to this point.

If you’re ‘in’, you’re ‘in’. You can’t be ‘in’ when it suits you & then undermine the whole thing by continuing (as another eloquent contributor did), to call the person who set up the Darren Moore ‘project’ in the first place  “a fuuckin clown” (regardless of his previous ‘crimes’).

We either move on & embrace the new era, or dwell on past mistakes & consume ourselves from the inside and achieve zero.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

The idea that events, opinions, internal strife at boardroom level have no “bearing whatsoever on the club’s success” have no bearing in reality.

You cannot achieve ANYTHING when people are pulling in different directions. We should know that better than anyone.

I sometimes think some people put their dogmatic hatred of Chansiri before the success of the ‘new regime’ under Darren Moore.

Neil’s thread about being ‘in or out’ is a good case in point. I wonder how many professing their commitment to the ‘in’ cause, are simultaneously spreading poison about how the club has been run prior to this point.

If you’re ‘in’, you’re ‘in’. You can’t be ‘in’ when it suits you & then undermine the whole thing by continuing (as another eloquent contributor did), to call the person who set up the Darren Moore ‘project’ in the first place  “a fuuckin clown” (regardless of his previous ‘crimes’).

We either move on & embrace the new era, or dwell on past mistakes & consume ourselves from the inside and achieve zero.

You continue to act as if these 'past mistakes' weren't literally a few weeks ago.

Any 'success' Wednesday have in the future will be in spite of the massive egotistical buffoon, not because of him.

The EFL putting him firmly in his box is probably the best thing that could have happened.  The longer we continue not to hear a peep out of him, the better.

Edited by owlinexile
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, owlinexile said:

You continue to act as if these 'past mistakes' weren't literally a few weeks ago.

Any 'success' Wednesday have in the future will be in spite of the massive egotistical buffoon, not because of him.

The EFL putting him firmly in his box is probably the best thing that could have happened.  The longer we continue not to hear a peep out of him, the better.

If I was being pedantic I suppose one could argue that any future success under Darren Moore’s tenure is down to the egotistical buffoon who set him on in the first place.

I didn’t say he was blameless (obviously), but this is clearly a new era and all I’m saying is, at what point do we stop the blame game & recriminations & move on in the interest of the team & indeed the club as a whole.

4 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

If I was being pedantic I suppose one could argue that any future success under Darren Moore’s tenure is down to the egotistical buffoon who set him on in the first place.

I didn’t say he was blameless (obviously), but this is clearly a new era and all I’m saying is, at what point do we stop the blame game & recriminations & move on in the interest of the team & indeed the club as a whole.

When he's gone.

9 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

I think we are still looking at a possible points deduction this season if the fuucking clown reverts to type? I am pretty sure that Man U fans are all in but would like to see that back of the Glazers. Of course its easier to be all in when your chairman's actions didn't relegate the team wouldn't you say?

• Like 1

I think Chansiri has a long way to go before he earns trust from a large percentage of the fanbase. 

Some will be placated by a positive transfer window, others will want to see some form of long term stability. 

We will see, but he's got a fair bit to do imo before I'd "trust" him again. 

• Like 1

Football fans are so fickle its untrue

There was a time when it was unforgiveable to even suggest Chansiri wasn't the greatest human being every to walk the earth

Now he's it's biggest pariah

100% without fail if we get promoted he will be lauded again

Thats football for you

20 hours ago, scram said:

Football fans are so fickle its untrue

There was a time when it was unforgiveable to even suggest Chansiri wasn't the greatest human being every to walk the earth

Now he's it's biggest pariah

100% without fail if we get promoted he will be lauded again

Thats football for you

Likely by some pal but he has a long way to go even if we manage to get out of this division, for me the embarrassment of a points deduction for breaking the rules is the lowest moment in our history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Proper death by a thousand cuts this for Derby.

Never thought I'd sit there thinking we got off lightly.

This is pretty much a season long public humiliation.

It's like Cersei what's her face in Game of thrones doing the walk of shame.

On 10/08/2021 at 20:04, alanharper said:

2-0 down inside 15 minutes, at home to Salford 

True but we recovered to win.

And it was strangely uplifting 

7 academy players started.

(2 more can’t be picked because they will then count as senior pros

another 4 or 5 are now regarded as first team squad members.

and there’s a few more besides.

And I still can’t quite understand why we let another 13 go in the summer.

the one thing Mel does seem to have got right is the academy.

Despite selling bogle, Bennett, and Lowe, we have some great prospects

knight, bird, sibley and Buchanan are the best known

but add to that another 6 who shone v Salford….ebosele, Watson, Hutchinson, williams, brown, stretton and there is hope.

1 hour ago, Raminpeace said:

but add to that another 6 who shone v Salford….ebosele, Watson, Hutchinson, williams, brown, stretton and there is hope.

You're going down. 

It's a long old season and you need the old heads over a season. 

Derby, Peterborough and another down. 

Sh1tty that clubs like Us and Derby are going through this, but don't think anybody cares outside the supporters, we arent raising much more attention then Macclesfield or Bury did. 

Until one of the proper big boys goes ******** to the wall the greed in football will continue consuming and the fans of good, traditional clubs will be the ones who suffer 

7 hours ago, Raminpeace said:

That Ebosele was absolute log.

I thought we had players with zero footballing brain but golly!!

How many final balls did he fluff or simply made the wrong decision?

Just head down and go!!