All kicking off at Derby

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

That was how it's been reported. It certainly gels with the story re players having been presented with blank contracts. 

Does it?

Good job they are owned by such a bastion of honesty, fair play and transparency as MM. I’d back him before the not fit for purpose EFL every time.

After all, he was only 28 months late filing his clubs accounts, which because they were filled with so many inaccuracies they had to be re submitted, causing this mess in the first place. But yeah, that’s the EFL for you.

24 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Apparently the EFL have not made it clear how much Derby are allowed to spend on players so they are still trying to find this out before filling in the figures. Unbelievable!

Weren't Derby asked to restate their last 3 years accounts as a consequence of their last disciplinary process. Maybe they haven't done so yet and the EFL need them to determine how much they will allow Derby to spend.

8 hours ago, mogbad said:

Weren't Derby asked to restate their last 3 years accounts as a consequence of their last disciplinary process. Maybe they haven't done so yet and the EFL need them to determine how much they will allow Derby to spend.

I’m sure I read that they have submitted them, but the EFL have sent them back and told them to have another try.

• Thanks 1

What’s really strange is I’ve just been reading their forum expecting them to be in total meltdown but it’s relatively calm.

given that they’ve only got nine players, and six hours in which to sign some, are looking at a huge points deduction, relegation and possibly admin, they are chatting amicably about what “ Mel” will do.

No calls for a lynching or burning at the stake. 

I thought they copied everything we do 

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

What’s really strange is I’ve just been reading their forum expecting them to be in total meltdown but it’s relatively calm.

given that they’ve only got nine players, and six hours in which to sign some, are looking at a huge points deduction, relegation and possibly admin, they are chatting amicably about what “ Mel” will do.

Yes they're not worried because they'll get bailed out & continue unpunished.

They won't get treated like we did, with their EFL representatives!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Let’s be honest here, we have not exactly been forcing the agenda with what’s been going on at Wednesday.

We are not much different to Derby & their situation.

We are quite good at moaning like ##ck on social media.

The EFL should be better structured to be fair, there is a deadline for accounts to be submitted and it shouldn’t be flexible.

if they imposed a point per day deduction for not hitting that deadline,I think it’s fair to say most clubs would get their acts together.

through this Covid situation however I think the EFL haven’t supported it’s clubs correctly, how can clubs be expected to pay  the players the staggering wages when the clubs income has been shattered.

The EFL needs to realise they ultimately need these clubs not the other way round,

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bark1062 said:

Let’s be honest here, we have not exactly been forcing the agenda with what’s been going on at Wednesday.

We are not much different to Derby & their situation.

We are quite good at moaning like ##ck on social media.

That was my point though. We do moan like **** on social media, but they seem really passive about their situation, which in many respects is actually now worse than ours. At least we can put a half decent side out, and seem to be past the worst of our financial problems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

That was my point though. We do moan like **** on social media, but they seem really passive about their situation, which in many respects is actually now worse than ours. At least we can put a half decent side out, and seem to be past the worst of our financial problems. 

Isle what your saying in comparing ourselves to them they have possibly been mismanaged more than us, they have had couple of more recent spells in the PL  and wasted all the resource that brings.

Not sure that all our financial problems are behind us though as yet.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

That was not my point. You break the rules you get punished. What I said was that it was unfair to Derby that the EFL have not to date told them how much they are allowed to spend on players' wages or how many they are able to sign. To repeat, the EFL are not fit for purpose!

That's certainly the spin the Derby chairman has been trying to put on it.

In reality the EFL has been very clear exactly how much they are allowed to spend on players wages (£4,500 per week, free transfers and loans only) and how many they are able to sign (a senior squad of 22 players), and Derby have chosen not to accept it and launch endless futile appeals and 'requests for clarification'.

• Like 1