All kicking off at Derby

Two youngsters - stretton and Sibley - were the bright sparks.

The senior players were fairly crap.. 

once sibbo came on we abandoned Rosenior’s tactical straight-jacket and went for it.

credit Peterborough. Their manager responded with two attacking subs and we just folded.

although 11 minutes of injury time seemed a bit extreme.

11 minutes did seem very extreme but i wasn't wholly engrossed ion the game so might have missed why

I know the K-R incident took quite a while but don't know how long in reality - any news on that because it looked like he might have ruptured his achilles?

Unfortunately on the evidence of that game it's gonna be a torrid season for you guys

Why isn't Rooney playing?

1 minute ago, scram said:

11 minutes did seem very extreme but i wasn't wholly engrossed ion the game so might have missed why

I know the K-R incident took quite a while but don't know how long in reality - any news on that because it looked like he might have ruptured his achilles?

Unfortunately on the evidence of that game it's gonna be a torrid season for you guys

Why isn't Rooney playing?

Because player managers are just out of fashion these days aren't they?

No reason that man shouldn't be playing

He can't argue he is better on the sidelines using his intellect 

Unfortunately so does half the team that are playing currently

I've only seen that one game but there were some players who looked like they'd won a team place in a raffle

Rooney may no longer have the physical attributes and endurance but he has magnificent vision and technique- some of the younger legs around him could offset his own lack of fitness and the team could benefit from him as a top player of his generation

He is never gonna be the complete player again - but in relation to some of the dross you have then at least he can control and pass the ball!

2 hours ago, scram said:

I've only seen that one game but there were some players who looked like they'd won a team place in a raffle

Rooney may no longer have the physical attributes and endurance but he has magnificent vision and technique- some of the younger legs around him could offset his own lack of fitness and the team could benefit from him as a top player of his generation

He is never gonna be the complete player again - but in relation to some of the dross you have then at least he can control and pass the ball!

It's hard playing when you're drunk though. Allegedly 

On 15/08/2021 at 00:54, scram said:

The answer is partially at least down to stronger and more realistic governance

Do away with ridiculous notions that owners who have money cannot spend it - while other clubs spend 150% of their turnover on player wages alone

There needs to be the realism that clubs can go bust - not by being driven into oblivion by arcane and frankly ludicrous EFL/PL rules - but by their own idiocy of understanding financial spreadsheets

Player wages, fees and agent fees are the number one factor crippling football today

Get that bit under control then the game will become instantly healthier

It's not rocket science is it, but they don't seem to want to do owt about it....or can't 

Rooney looked about 4 stone overweight. Plus isn't there something to do with the sponsorship that was paying his playing wages and that got stopped?

Then again even if he is overweight he could still sit in the middle of the park and dictate the play a la Sheridan on no knees for Oldham. 

DERBY STRENGTHEN SQUAD

Phil Jagielka has agreed a short-term contract with Derby County, and should be available to face Hull on Wednesday. 

Derby are confident the paperwork will be completed early tomorrow. 

Elsewhere, following the injury to striker Colin Kazim-Richards, Derby are seeking permission from the EFL to replace him with the former Reading striker Sam Baldock. 

Baldock is a free agent after leaving Reading last month, but because of the Rams’ strict transfer embargo, they need special permission from EFL officials to be able to add him to their playing staff and wage bill.

in an ideal world Rooney would be nowhere near playing games for derby - but having watched what they have as alternatives then i think he would improve them considerably

Overweight/unfit whatever

Some of Derby's players are playing at a level they will never play at again only through circumstance

The game vs peterborough was quite frankly the lowest quality game i can ever recall at that level

It was atrocious

On 2 July 2021, the EFL published the written reasons relating to an Independent Disciplinary Commission’s sanction verdict in respect of earlier proceedings between the EFL and Derby County.

Alongside a financial penalty of £100,000, the Club received a reprimand as to its future conduct and was ordered to submit revised and restated accounts for the years ended 30 June 2016, 30 June 2017, and 30 June 2018 to the EFL by Wednesday 18 August 2021.

Following constructive discussions between the Club and the EFL it has now been agreed to extend this deadline, with the necessary filings now required by Tuesday 24 August 2021.

The EFL will be making no further comment on this matter at the current time.

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/august/efl-statement-derby-county

On 15/08/2021 at 23:55, scram said:

Honestly.

rooney was the worst player on the pitch when he played.

I think that’s when it will get interesting. I just can’t see how they will have been able to get round the FFP issue in the accounts. But having read the full judgement in our case it was apparent the EFL were doing all they could to get us around it. Old Gibson will be watching this like a hawk.

6 hours ago, Plonk said:

I think that’s when it will get interesting. I just can’t see how they will have been able to get round the FFP issue in the accounts. But having read the full judgement in our case it was apparent the EFL were doing all they could to get us around it. Old Gibson will be watching this like a hawk.

I think Gibson’s only interest in our case was because we were a direct rival for relegation. It was all about self preservation. If Derby are as dead and buried as people are predicting I doubt he will care.

24 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

I think Gibson’s only interest in our case was because we were a direct rival for relegation. It was all about self preservation. If Derby are as dead and buried as people are predicting I doubt he will care.

Probably.

Remember when Boro threatened to sue Derby on the eve of their play off final a few years back? Think Boro has just missed out on the play offs.

Gibson has been bitter ever since they blew a load of money and failed to get back up. Pretty sure he also bought debt off Boro or something like that a few years back.

Gibson doesn't give a throw about financial integrity; he just wants to stick it to potential rivals.

The current situation at Derby is farcical. They deserve punishment, but this is proper death by a thousand cuts stuff this.

On 16/08/2021 at 22:17, scram said:

in an ideal world Rooney would be nowhere near playing games for derby - but having watched what they have as alternatives then i think he would improve them considerably

Overweight/unfit whatever

Some of Derby's players are playing at a level they will never play at again only through circumstance

The game vs peterborough was quite frankly the lowest quality game i can ever recall at that level

It was atrocious

Did you miss some of our epic battles with the likes of Grimsby Town around the turn of the century?