All kicking off at Derby

2 hours ago, HighworthOwl said:

I think Gibson’s only interest in our case was because we were a direct rival for relegation. It was all about self preservation. If Derby are as dead and buried as people are predicting I doubt he will care.

Yes I appreciate that, still think they might be rivals with the bottom clubs....and Gibson is definitely a bottom feeder

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, beano said:

On 2 July 2021, the EFL published the written reasons relating to an Independent Disciplinary Commission’s sanction verdict in respect of earlier proceedings between the EFL and Derby County.

Alongside a financial penalty of £100,000, the Club received a reprimand as to its future conduct and was ordered to submit revised and restated accounts for the years ended 30 June 2016, 30 June 2017, and 30 June 2018 to the EFL by Wednesday 18 August 2021.

Following constructive discussions between the Club and the EFL it has now been agreed to extend this deadline, with the necessary filings now required by Tuesday 24 August 2021.

The EFL will be making no further comment on this matter at the current time.

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/august/efl-statement-derby-county

some speculation that the reason for the deferral is because we are about to play Boro at Derby and it could all have kicked off. 
I would quite like to see a fight between Morris and Gibson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Raminpeace said:

some speculation that the reason for the deferral is because we are about to play Boro at Derby and it could all have kicked off. 
I would quite like to see a fight between Morris and Gibson.

Surely not? That would mean that Gibson is basically running the EFL and the EFL are scared of him wouldn't it? He does seem to be the one who is pushing for punishments etc but the EFL don't have to do what he says do they? 

I'd absolutely love to see boro get into trouble for overspending or summat. Pubehead goes on like they're completely innocent and run properly but I bet if the EFL wanted to they could find summat. They had parachute payments and failed to go up, he's bitter about that and doesn't like others having the advantage he had and wasted. 

No light at the end of the tunnel still.

Had to cancel U23s game because they couldn’t put a team out

Deadline passed for submitting accounts ( though EFL say they have received some information....but it’s not the accounts)

They got beaten by dem blades, and there’s not many can say that in the last few years 

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

No light at the end of the tunnel still.

Had to cancel U23s game because they couldn’t put a team out

Deadline passed for submitting accounts ( though EFL say they have received some information....but it’s not the accounts)

They got beaten by dem blades, and there’s not many can say that in the last few years 

should have won that.

two stupid errors again.

4 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Apparently they have submitted more information, but not the accounts. What they submitted? Some photos with the entire efl visiting epstein's or something?

Dodgy as ****

I think both sides have agreed in principle to try to resolve all matters so that there is no need for further appeals etc.

derby are clearly relying on something in relation to the accounts which the EFL have asked for further evidence on. Once they are satisfied I expect the accounts will go in.

if they can’t agree then this could be subject to further judgements and appeals. 

perhaps we are trying to pretend that we didn’t actually pay £4m for Anya or £6m for Bradley Johnson or £4.5m for Butterfield. Maybe none of those things ever happened and it was all just a dream. That seems more likely than having voluntarily agreed those fees. 

37 minutes ago, Raminpeace said:

I think both sides have agreed in principle to try to resolve all matters so that there is no need for further appeals etc.

derby are clearly relying on something in relation to the accounts which the EFL have asked for further evidence on. Once they are satisfied I expect the accounts will go in.

if they can’t agree then this could be subject to further judgements and appeals. 

perhaps we are trying to pretend that we didn’t actually pay £4m for Anya or £6m for Bradley Johnson or £4.5m for Butterfield. Maybe none of those things ever happened and it was all just a dream. That seems more likely than having voluntarily agreed those fees. 

£4.5 m for butterfield? You should be getting investigated for money laundering. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Just been mentioned that they've failed to submit the accounts which were due yesterday. That's now 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18 they need to resubmit and haven't.

How are they getting away with this?

And they should have been re submitted by 18th August. EFL gave them (yet another) extension to 24th August. 

It's a pity Bury didn't have Englands record goalscorer on the books......or at least being paid by a third party, allegedly.

1 hour ago, Raminpeace said:

I thought we'd wasted money. 

My word. Guess at least you guys had a few big sales