All kicking off at Derby

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Someone explain this to me because I don't get it

What's the contracts n stuff?

I dont' get it

Basically the players are not currently under contract so they need to sign one. However he has missed off their wages! But for them to be able to play at the weekend the need to be registered ASAP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They've all had a get together at the ground - Morris has handed them contracts with no wage details on, just needs it signing and they can play at the weekend 

Nobody is sure if it's just academy players or seniors, even though there aren't many seniors left. 

Big trouble 

I wonder if Derby will regret not getting relegated last season.

They could probably scrape by with a season in League One with a load of academy players and their few remaining players and finish midtable. Then they could try and rebuild.

A season of getting pummelled each week and down by end of March might do more damage.

• Like 6

they have 9 senior registered players who are still under contract! surely they cant ask them to sign a new contract?

I believe the contract mentioned will have been given to all the players on trial or training with Derby in order to scrape a team together to fulfill the weekends fixture.

• Like 1

Just now, Owl in Manc said:

they have 9 senior registered players who are still under contract! surely they cant ask them to sign a new contract?

I believe the contract mentioned will have been given to all the players on trial or training with Derby in order to scrape a team together to fulfill the weekends fixture.

Nixon saying ALL players not just specific ones