All kicking off at Derby

10 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Apparently those in last year's FA Cup were youngsters playing a non-league side.

A sheep shagger I know told me this was done instead of asking to cancel the game when Derby were struggling with covid.

Now the youngsters are included in their total of 19, when perhaps they just dug 'em out for that cup match.

No, all them players were judged as not being part of it. if they had they would be signing no one.

16 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Apparently those in last year's FA Cup were youngsters playing a non-league side.

A sheep shagger I know told me this was done instead of asking to cancel the game when Derby were struggling with covid.

Now the youngsters are included in their total of 19, when perhaps they just dug 'em out for that cup match.

Surely if they are youngsters under 21 years old then they don't count towards the professionals total.

Guest Mcguigan
2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

The EFL are just not fit for purpose. I know Derby sent us down and Rooney isn't everybody's favourite, but you do feel that Derby are being screwed over by the EFL who seem very vindictive.  Decisions about wages and players ought to have been made weeks ago.

Aye right, it's the EFL's fault MM has tried to screw them over numerous times with his FFP submissions. Wasn't that long ago he was inflating their home attendances by a couple of thousand a agme to try get more income into the club, cheating again.

But yeah, it's the EFL's fault they can't abide by the regulations they themselves, as an EFL member, voted in.

42 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

There's a rumour doing the rounds that Wayne Rooney promised two young ladies in his hotel room that he could get them jobs at the club, depending on how good their ball work was.

I'm calling BS on the basis they were "young"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

The EFL are just not fit for purpose. I know Derby sent us down and Rooney isn't everybody's favourite, but you do feel that Derby are being screwed over by the EFL who seem very vindictive.  Decisions about wages and players ought to have been made weeks ago.

If you show a repeated pattern of not giving a fizz about the rules laid out by the league you are a member of, and in fact demonstrate repeatedly that you will take every opportunity to try and circumvent those rules, they are obviously eventually going to completely lose patience with you.

• Like 2

Absolutely terrible situation, I feel for the Derby fans. They have always been a good club and great adversary’s of ours. Mark Wright, Dean Saunders, good old Shilts. 

Hope Raminpeace will be along soon to fill us in…

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

If Derby stayed up at our expense, completed a successful takeover this summer and kicked on to promotion next year, they wouldn't have given us a second thought.

At the risk of sounding petty.. I think a lot of this "impossible not to feel sorry for" stuff is a load of fluff. We all agree the game is fundamentally broken but the situations at Portsmouth and Bolton have never been anything more than a passing thought to everybody else. Our last two decades have either been laughed at or mostly ignored by the wider community and other fans. Derby in particular have contributed to that directly. They've mocked us before for the 3-3 game in 2000 that near enough sent us down, and they'd have been lauding it for doing it again on the last day last season if it was a full house. 

Derby will probably get relegated and may spend a few years languishing in League One and below Forest. It's not the end of the world and you could argue they're just about due a spell like that, having avoided the same fate that near enough all their similarly sized Championship rivals have suffered instead over recent years. It would be nice if the wider game sorted itself out and situations like this didn't exist, but quite frankly my only priority is Wednesday. After all, we're not Derby's or anybody else's. Good luck to Derby but I don't feel for their fans. 

Great post. Except for the Good Luck bit !  My priority is Wednesday, like you. Derby fans loved sending us down, and they've had a hold over us for years with a combination of luck, cheating and refs decisions.They've had the benefit of a hugely wealthy owner for years. Don't care if it sounds petty , no sympathy here .

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All our priority is Sheffield Wednesday - that doesn't need saying

It doesn't make you more of a fan to wish bad stuff on other clubs fans 
It actually makes you a bit of a diiiiiikkk

I don’t wish ill on anybody. 

I just find some of the “gotta feel for em” stuff a bit disingenuous and insincere. 

Certainly don’t hope for them to go to the wall just like I don’t wish that for any club. 

But I’m not going to lose any sleep or shed any tears at the prospect at them having a few years of being poo or tonked every week by a few clubs at our level. Being a Wednesday fan over the last 20 years has hardened me up a bit to the reality that nobody is really that arsed when other clubs - particularly the “big” or “famous” ones - hit the doldrums. There’s little sympathy for us, even less expected, and I don’t really have much of it for Derby. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, owlinexile said:

If you show a repeated pattern of not giving a fizz about the rules laid out by the league you are a member of, and in fact demonstrate repeatedly that you will take every opportunity to try and circumvent those rules, they are obviously eventually going to completely lose patience with you.

That was not my point. You break the rules you get punished. What I said was that it was unfair to Derby that the EFL have not to date told them how much they are allowed to spend on players' wages or how many they are able to sign. To repeat, the EFL are not fit for purpose!

3 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Can't find any explanation at all about why the players have been asked to sign blank contracts though. And even if they did have the wages on the contract, they don't have the capacity to sign the whole 8 that have been asked to sign.

Apparently the EFL have not made it clear how much Derby are allowed to spend on players so they are still trying to find this out before filling in the figures. Unbelievable!

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

That was not my point. You break the rules you get punished. What I said was that it was unfair to Derby that the EFL have not to date told them how much they are allowed to spend on players' wages or how many they are able to sign. To repeat, the EFL are not fit for purpose!

How do you know what the EFL have and haven’t told Derby County?