So, what more do we need?

Great signings today!

What more do people think we need? 

For me we definitely need a couple of 'actual' strikers in. Think we have 'busy' players to play around a lone striker in Windass, Green, Shodipo, Hagan and Adedoyin but need the focal point and someone who knows the role.

Also think we may possibly need to bring in another CB due to the possible injury concerns over Dunkley and Hutchinson over the season. 

Finally I haven't seen enough of Jaden Brown yet to know if he can secure the LB spot so maybe as a last addition another LB.

Also if the likes of Bannan and Windass do leave then we'd need to try and bring in bodies to cover their loss.

Desperate:

Centre Forward

Quite Desperate:

Left sided centre half

Versatile wide & central forward

Nice to have:

Creative midfield cover

Extra centre half cover

It’s likely that we’ll need Hunt / Dele Bashiru & Adedoyin / Hagan to put in a lot of game time this season and none of them have shown anything to make me believe they are up to it - it’d be nice to have one less thing to worry about and bulk the squad out a bit

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

We need at least 1 if not 2 recognised strikers capable of scoring 20+ if we seriously want to be contenders.

Attacking midfielders will not give us this.

Windass and Patterson are not what I call out and out strikers.

Names (and they must be available either as a free or on loan), otherwise you're just not paying any attention to what virtually everyone has been saying the last 3 months.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

Names (and they must be available either as a free or on loan), otherwise you're just not paying any attention to what virtually everyone has been saying the last 3 months.

Weird comment given everyone else is saying exactly the same on this thread today.

46 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Left footed centre back.

Winger. 

Two strikers.   

Agreed. Winger has been missed out on this thread but we absolutely need a quality player out wide as well. But we need those 4 in. Would also be happy if Pato left as I just don’t see what his position is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Von shabba said:

We need at least 1 if not 2 recognised strikers capable of scoring 20+ if we seriously want to be contenders.

Off the top of my head, we've only had 2 players score 20 in a season in the last 27 years (both of those fall short if you don't include cup goals). And the most recent one came in a season when we finished in the bottom half of League One. But two at the same time!? You realise that's something we've not had even once in the last 36 years, despite some periods of actually being very good in there?

• Like 2