The Wilderless Years

32 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

The new signings have clearly improved them and they have an excellent manager at that level. However, they still look a bit short of quality compared to the top teams. Sadly, I think they will make top 6.

Based on what?

11 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Call it a hunch. I just feel that the manager will get them going and the new signings are a vast improvement. 

That Morgan-Gibbs seems to have made a big impact.

A lot of them raving about the young kid Ndaye or what ever he's called.

I also still think either or both of McBurnie/Brewster will click eventually. 

On paper they have a very strong squad for this league. I can see them in the top 6. 

If not, the manager will be gone around Christmas. Their fans are similar to ours, expectations high and can quickly become toxic. 

• Thanks 1

I think it they lose to Hull they'll be in for a long slog of a season. They've had a nightmare start considering the opposition they've faced. Lost at home to Brum and Hudds, drew with Luton, drew with Preston, beat a woeful Posh side etc. Only test so far has been WBA and they got blown away 4-0. On paper they couldn't have had an easier start

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

That Morgan-Gibbs seems to have made a big impact.

A lot of them raving about the young kid Ndaye or what ever he's called.

I also still think either or both of McBurnie/Brewster will click eventually. 

On paper they have a very strong squad for this league. I can see them in the top 6. 

If not, the manager will be gone around Christmas. Their fans are similar to ours, expectations high and can quickly become toxic. 

Thing is, I don't think they'd even be able to afford to sack him. I'd much rather they did though, he's a very good manager and they'd struggle to get better

4 hours ago, smhouston said:

Thing is, I don't think they'd even be able to afford to sack him. I'd much rather they did though, he's a very good manager and they'd struggle to get better

At this stage it's hard to tell whether he's as good as people think he is. He won promotion with Fulham & Watford but both had very strong squads and stand out players like Mitrovic. This is his first real test in England. An ageing squad and alot of average mid table Championship players. Light years behind the Fulham & Watford teams he previously managed

• Like 1