The Wilderless Years

9 hours ago, Plonk said:

Just the clubs accounts. Have we posted losses of £350 m in the last few years. How many did Brewster score tonight?

You ever submitted a set of accounts for large company, they come back from the accountant with loads of lines through because you cant submit everything you spend

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

You ever submitted a set of accounts for large company, they come back from the accountant with loads of lines through because you cant submit everything you spend

So you don't know then.

Just idle speculation on your part.

• Like 1

Nice one Mr Warnock :biggrin:.................................watched some of the game back ,  they still play some nice stuff at times and as i thought Gibbs - White is a key signing , however , they just don`t seem to quite have that collective belief anymore and they are struggling up top.

We all know that the OAP is a good goal scorer , but his overall play last night was rank.

11 hours ago, SiJ said:

Those world class Dem Blades signings tearing it up again..

This is the thing with legendaryswan, everything points to him being a Blade with what he posts except for the fact he has defended those signings that Wilder made. Surely any United fan would call them out for what they actually are - expensive flops. 

Out of the £120m odd they spent in Wlder's last 12-18 months the only one who started last night was Osborn. Obviously they've sold Ramsdale and I'm guessing Berge is injured but the rest are not in the picture. They were losing 2-0 and Brewster and McBurnie didn't even get off the bench.

If they could get £5m a piece for those two now they would probably take it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Plonk said:

Just the clubs accounts. Have we posted losses of £350 m in the last few years? How many did Brewster score tonight?

Has to be one of the worst signings locally ever. If they tried to sell him they'd get nothing like the £23 million they spent on him £3 million maybe? 

2 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

This is the thing with legendaryswan, everything points to him being a Blade with what he posts except for the fact he has defended those signings that Wilder made. Surely any United fan would call them out for what they actually are - expensive flops. 

Out of the £120m odd they spent in Wlder's last 12-18 months the only one who started last night was Osborn. Obviously they've sold Ramsdale and I'm guessing Berge is injured but the rest are not in the picture. They were losing 2-0 and Brewster and McBurnie didn't even get off the bench.

If they could get £5m a piece for those two now they would probably take it.

Tbf, I know a few Dem Blades who are completely blind in their loyalty to Wilder, so someone defending his awful spending in the latter stages is not beyond the realms of imagination.

As you say: only Osborne played last night, who is, at best, a good Championship player.

I noted that the new League of 72 YouTube channel has another Wilder video following that sit down interview last week; this one about their promotion to the Prem.

Perhaps it is nothing, but you wonder if someone is trying to get his mates in the media to help him get a job.

I'm sure someone will take the plunge at some point, but it appears Cwissy hasn't got then lining up like he thought they would. Perhaps acting like an antagonistic pr*ck had backfired on him? Who knows.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Said it before........................someone ITK told me he was interviewed for the WBA job , and they passed as they were staggered at his demands and self importance.

Doesn't surprise me.

Most of us said it on here for years that he was very fake and phoney.

The whole humble lad from Sheffield was a facade to get the fans and the media on side. Tbf, it worked.

If you actually listen to him properly, it's fake modesty, hiding real bravado and ego. For me, he drips with insincerity and has done from the day he walked in there.

Ultimately, there little ride up to the PL was all about Chris Wilder and when things started going wrong he was only out for himself and his reputation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

No, only for small companies. So you are seriously suggesting Sheffield Wednesday have made losses amounting to £350 million, but have accounts showing losses of around £70million?

Amazing that the EFL during their last few years of scrutiny have missed that. Hope to God, Gibson doesn’t read owlstalk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

No, only for small companies. So you are seriously suggesting Sheffield Wednesday have made losses amounting to £350 million, but have accounts showing losses of around £70million?

Amazing that the EFL during their last few years of scrutiny have missed that. Hope to God, Gibson doesn’t read owlstalk. 

You’ve forgotten the purchase cost.  Going on your figures, it looks like he spent about £100m and counting.

16 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Against 10 men, injury time penalty from a 45 year old pig.

A pig fan I was talking to yesterday said they were VERY lucky to win that match…. Against bottom of the league, 10 men with a last minute penalty.

In the Princess recent interview, it became increasingly clear that if they don’t go up this year then they could be in a mess.

They are not going up this year.lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, I know a few Dem Blades who are completely blind in their loyalty to Wilder, so someone defending his awful spending in the latter stages is not beyond the realms of imagination.

As you say: only Osborne played last night, who is, at best, a good Championship player.

I noted that the new League of 72 YouTube channel has another Wilder video following that sit down interview last week; this one about their promotion to the Prem.

Perhaps it is nothing, but you wonder if someone is trying to get his mates in the media to help him get a job.

I'm sure someone will take the plunge at some point, but it appears Cwissy hasn't got then lining up like he thought they would. Perhaps acting like an antagonistic pr*ck had backfired on him? Who knows.

He was never off the screen and radio when they were doing well in the EPL. Never on when they were doing badly

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

A pig fan I was talking to yesterday said they were VERY lucky to win that match…. Against bottom of the league, 10 men with a last minute penalty.

In the Princess recent interview, it became increasingly clear that if they don’t go up this year then they could be in a mess.

They are not going up this year.lol

Apparently Derby hit the woodwork in injury time after the penalty 

11 hours ago, Sham67 said:

You’ve forgotten the purchase cost.  Going on your figures, it looks like he spent about £100m and counting.

Not forgotten it. It’s just not relevant to what legendaryswan was alleging.

He said we, as in Sheffield Wednesday, had wasted £350 million, whereas the accounts show the club has wasted around £100 million. But apparently you can hide the other £250 m from your accountant, companies house and the EFL.

• Haha 3

They have a problem with putting any form together. They keep having these "turning point" results and following them up with a complete dud. They've already dropped some laughable clangers at home and that last minute Derby result really bailed them out from another. 

I'll be glad when Sharp retires to be honest. At the very least I respect Sharp and he has a knack for carrying them. Spending £50m on forwards and still relying on Sharp in the second division is hilarious in itself, but he is still a problem in that league and I look forward to the day they're instantly worse off without him.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, SiJ said:

I was told that he was Kenwright's preferred choice for Everton manager before they got Ancelotti. Moshiri wanted a big name so said no on Wilder but Kenwright was apparently annoyed as he had sounded him out about coming. 

That is not happening with any Prem job any time soon. What club would take him now? Watford change their manager every five minutes but I cant see him being wanted by the Pozzo's. Maybe Burnley if Dyche ever left but that isn't likely. I just cant see a route for him back unless he gets a low end Championship job. He allegedly was half begging for the Forest job and they didn't even talk to him due to his antics - and that is Forest, 30 managers in 20 years Forest!

• Like 1