The Wilderless Years

This month will be interesting for them. They have a run if relatively easy games

Pbro H who will go diwn

Pne H who have had a terrible start to season

Ull A who will go down

Derby H who are in a right mess

They have 4 points already. I would expect them to get 8 points absolute minimum if they are to challenge at the top

16 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

I think it they lose to Hull they'll be in for a long slog of a season. They've had a nightmare start considering the opposition they've faced. Lost at home to Brum and Hudds, drew with Luton, drew with Preston, beat a woeful Posh side etc. Only test so far has been WBA and they got blown away 4-0. On paper they couldn't have had an easier start

It's the "get right" games they've squandered as well. Luton shipped 5 the week before and United couldn't get the job done. Tonked Peterborough then chucked another 2 points away in the last minute 3 days later. 

There's a long way to go. Writing them off is silly and they've got the quality to hand out a couple more hidings. But if we'd stayed up last year and chucked last minute points away at home to Huddersfield and Preston, also failing to beat Birmingham and Luton, I'd be looking at Hull away this weekend as a bit of a must win.

1 hour ago, kirksandallowl said:

Their prices are a lot higher than I expected. Thought they were cheap the way they bang on about us being expensive and ripping folk off right left and centre. 

15 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Id be very happy for them to finish midtable.

Time is ticking on their chances of going back up as the money dries up yet theyre still paying big wages

This. ^^^^

I accept they'll stay up, but what I really don't want is for them to go straight back back up. The longer they fail to do so, the harder it will become for them as their momentum diminishes, their best players move on, and they fall behind the best clubs in the league. 

15 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Id be very happy for them to finish midtable.

Time is ticking on their chances of going back up as the money dries up yet theyre still paying big wages

I’d be very happy for them to finish bottom and totally implode. Your getting soft in your old age 😀

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Was that Steve Cropper or Copper? Either way, excellent like you say. Shake Your Tail Feather and Minnie The Moocher are brilliant in that film. 

Cropper. I didn't know who Steve Copper was so I went with the closest thing I knew, for hilarious comedic effect.

Cropper is a legend: came up with the intro for Wilson Pickett's In the Midnight Hour. Then, when they were having trouble writing an intro for Eddie Floyd's Knock on Wood, he decided to play the Midnight Hour sequence backwards. Boom: two R&B masterpieces from one guy playing the same thing in different directions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

Cropper. I didn't know who Steve Copper was so I went with the closest thing I knew, for hilarious comedic effect.

Cropper is a legend: came up with the intro for Wilson Pickett's In the Midnight Hour. Then, when they were having trouble writing an intro for Eddie Floyd's Knock on Wood, he decided to play the Midnight Hour sequence backwards. Boom: two R&B masterpieces from one guy playing the same thing in different directions.

Didn't know that, man's a talent and no mistake. I love the film but don't really know much about the musicians other than the obvious big names. I'm just pleased I got his name right 😂 I assumed you knew it tbh. 

If he was a chocolate bar, he'd eat himself.

Extremely arrogant bloke who hides behind a facade of humility and being salt of the earth.

He clearly still has some friends in high enough places as he continues to be lauded as some sort of managerial genius...when in fact he achieved about the same as Paul Lambert at Norwich.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1