The Wilderless Years

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Now he looks like one of these scrubbers that hangs around bus stations all day with flaky pastry crumbs down his top and a plastic woolworths bag. 

So Chris Wilder then.

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

I remember Jokanovic looking smooth, sophisticated, calm, measured, cool. He was was well shaven and in control of two promotion winning sides. 

Now he looks like one of these scrubbers that hangs around bus stations all day with flaky pastry crumbs down his top and a plastic woolworths bag. 

A bus driver?

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

I remember Jokanovic looking smooth, sophisticated, calm, measured, cool. He was was well shaven and in control of two promotion winning sides. 

Now he looks like one of those scrubbers that hangs around bus stations all day with flaky pastry crumbs down his top and a plastic woolworths bag. 

Are you referring to that actor from Sheffield 😀

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Slav on 40k a week too

Whenever United try and get too modern and stylish it blows up in their face. It’s just not them. Warnock and Wilder both similar.

Waiting for Jokanovic to rip mask of with Bryan Robson sweating his t**st off underneath 

• Haha 5

I just need Wilder to fail in his next job to categorically prove he was (with the exception of that one tactical system) essentially just a man manager, a master of harnessing the “us against the world”, “I’m one of you” siege mentality. 

It only worked on certain players, at one club, didn’t work on bigger signings and ultimately looked like a case of The Emperors New Clothes. There is very little substance to these players when you take that away, as Jokanivic is discovering right now.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 3