The Wilderless Years

Momentum and mentality are strange things. United have got themselves into a habit and it will be hard to get out of. The truth is, the players were not as good as what they thought they were.

The signings they made were strange to say the least. £24 million for a player that is effectively still a Liverpool player and he is not even that good. OK he may be registered as a United player but with the buyback clause, in Accountancy terms, he will still be registered as an Asset in Liverpools accounts.

This season is going to be long and hard and the longer they go on, the more bottom 3 is going to pull them in. It probably won't happen but I wouldn't bet my mortgage on it not happening.

3 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

Momentum and mentality are strange things. United have got themselves into a habit and it will be hard to get out of. The truth is, the players were not as good as what they thought they were.

The signings they made were strange to say the least. £24 million for a player that is effectively still a Liverpool player and he is not even that good. OK he may be registered as a United player but with the buyback clause, in Accountancy terms, he will still be registered as an Asset in Liverpools accounts.

This season is going to be long and hard and the longer they go on, the more bottom 3 is going to pull them in. It probably won't happen but I wouldn't bet my mortgage on it not happening.

Fk  em

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

Here’s hoping.

5 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

Their momentum is a losing one, left over from the past 18 months, which is difficult to break with the same players

They needed a clear out, similar to what we did, but they can't without incurring massive losses on the likes of 5 touches.... very difficult situation, looking like the only way out is to play the kids

• Like 1

Brewster £23m

League record

38 touches in opposition box

£605,000 per touch in the opposition box

8 shots on target

£2.875m per shot on target

0 goals

That’s pigonomics

Edited by Big Malc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, scram said:

So, hang on - £24m on a f*cking bench keeper?!?!

They could put a kid on the bench as sub keeper and he may get used for a few minutes every 10 seasons or so

£24m for somebody to sit on the bench?!?!?!

£24m

I hope to f*ck arsenal get relegated

But the only way to guarantee that is for Rammers to become Number 1

I’m lost

I knew they were playing tonight but didn't pay any attention to em, totally forgot basically. Lad came in at 4 nil and told me. Finished watching Loki then came on here for a look. Was on page 15, a few hours before kick off. That was a lovely 12 or so pages of owlstalk that was. 

I'm confused on the Ramsdale thing. Is he going there as number 2? 24 million for a backup keeper? That's insane. Surely they've got someone who can step up, or could find a cheaper backup. Make no sense at all, and that's before you watch his 'highlights' reel.