The Wilderless Years

On 29/04/2022 at 22:25, sheffield_dave said:

Can see exactly where this is going. Forest, the great hope of stopping them, will sneak 2nd. They’ll then cruise past a mentally done in Bournemouth over 2 legs before taking their revenge on Huddersfield (and us) for Simonsen’s penalty in the final.

Ive thought that too. Forest look really good and would beat pigs.......however theyll beat bournemouth next week and go straight up.

I dont fancy luton or bournemouth, leaving just udds.

If pigs hadnt got lastminute goal v qprubbish and boro let 94th minute goal in v stoke yesterday, then next week could be interesting

Fulham wont turn up next week though.

How hard have we had to work to get to play offs, yet them spawny gits will be gifted it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Ive thought that too. Forest look really good and would beat pigs.......however theyll beat bournemouth next week and go straight up.

I dont fancy luton or bournemouth, leaving just udds.

If pigs hadnt got lastminute goal v qprubbish and boro let 94th minute goal in v stoke yesterday, then next week could be interesting

Fulham wont turn up next week though.

How hard have we had to work to get to play offs, yet them spawny gits will be gifted it

Bournemouth-Forest is tomorrow. Coming back from 3-0 down with 20 minutes to go at Swansea seems to have given Bournemouth a bit of a boost, if Saturday's result is anything to go by. And they are at home. Their recent form hasn't been that bad - they're unbeaten in 6, of which 4 have been away, and the 2 home games have been against Fuham and Middlesbrough. It would also be good if Luton beat Fulham today, because if Bournemouth do win tomorrow Fulham woud still need at least a point to win the championship.

Edited by Sova

You couldn’t make it up. Not even playing and gone up to 5th. How much luck have they had over the last few weeks? Fulham will clinch the title today and will be on the beach on Saturday with the mother of all hangovers after celebrating the title win. Really need Bournemouth to get autos now. I think only Forest would stop them in the playoffs.

30 minutes ago, 1961OWL said:

You couldn’t make it up. Not even playing and gone up to 5th. How much luck have they had over the last few weeks? Fulham will clinch the title today and will be on the beach on Saturday with the mother of all hangovers after celebrating the title win. Really need Bournemouth to get autos now. I think only Forest would stop them in the playoffs.

It's crazy how they seem to just improve their league position regardless of whether they win or not, and in this case whether they play or not. 

Hope Fulham decide they want to go out with a bang. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. If they were at home maybe, but not away. Pigs score early and its game over cos Fulham will just switch off and count down the minutes til they can relax. They're gonna spozz their way up I reckon. 

1 minute ago, OxOwl said:

Unless Fullham are in this showcase mode taking the ******** out of Luton WTF:lol

They needed 3 points today to secure the title barring a 26 goal swing or summat crazy. They also hit 100 goals in a season too I think. They've done everything they needed to do so won't care what happens Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

It's crazy how they seem to just improve their league position regardless of whether they win or not, and in this case whether they play or not.

On 23 February, they were 6th with 53 points from 32 games. Since then, they've taken 19 points from 13 games - equivalent to 67 points in a season — midtable form — yet they've gone up a place. 

48 minutes ago, OxOwl said:

Nitrovic will want more

The media are claiming that Mitrovic has broken "the record" for second tier goalscoring with 43 goals, but as usual are only counting since the early 90s rebranding. 

Derek Dooley scored 46 in just 30 games and holds the post-war record, but he's only second on the all time list to a Boro player Camsell who bagged an amazing 59 in 37 games back in the 1920s.

So I'll settle for Mitrovic bagging a maximum of 2 on Saturday, as long as they're game winners lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, unkastav said:

6CE2E115-369A-4B19-A7E3-B2017DB46304.jpeg

I drive past it every day and I only just noticed it was closed the other day! 

Stuck in traffic so had a look around and it's a right old mess.

Old workplace used to use it to book staff staying up this way as it was cheap. 

7 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Cheap and tearful

19 hours ago, Skyline said:

I’m so sorry. You’ll want to get your air filters changed asap. 

Edited by Alb1owl