The Wilderless Years

9 minutes ago, bradowl said:

According to a pig fan at work it doesn't matter if they lose in play offs because they'll still be a league above Wednesday next season. :tango:

Ambitious lot dem blades. lol

They've all been saying it.

When some have warned them about gloating too early about our defeat every reply has been "But we're still a league above and that's what matters"

Says it all really. 

5 minutes ago, markg said:

Silly pigs.

They'll be two leagues above us

What makes you so sure? 

I'd have them as 2nd favs (just) behind Forest. 

Too close to call that game imo. 

Edited by SiJ

Just now, SiJ said:

What makes you so sure? 

I'd have them as 2nd favs behind Forest. 

Hope you're right mate.

I feel dirty for saying it, but I just think they've got a more experienced team than them and in the big games it might shine through. 

Just now, markg said:

Hope you're right mate.

I feel dirty for saying it, but I just think they've got a more experienced team than them and in the big games it might shine through. 

Yep. It could work out that way. 

Tbf, we probably had the more experience on Monday and that did bugger all for us. 

Very close to call that game though. Forest have been excellent, whilst Dem Blades have really gone back to basics. 

In fairness, Huddersfield have kept winning and winning. 

What's happened to their takeover? Gone all quiet or are they waiting to see if they get promoted so prince can get more money?

Get your bets on piggies to win play offs. Might chuck more on. I also think experience will do it for them, and being absolutely lucky f******

20 minutes ago, smhouston said:

What's happened to their takeover? Gone all quiet or are they waiting to see if they get promoted so prince can get more money?

Get your bets on piggies to win play offs. Might chuck more on. I also think experience will do it for them, and being absolutely lucky f******

I think the "Offer accepted" was quite far off that actual truth.

I can see them doing it this year. Forest have looked good but I fear they have ran out of steam.

United have got their rocky run out of the way and still managed to get in the play offs... Thanks to Boro and Blackburn totally bottling it. 

They'd lose and still manage to go up a place. Incredible. 

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

What makes you so sure? 

I'd have them as 2nd favs (just) behind Forest. 

I think being at home first will provide them the advantage, it'll probably be 2-1. 

Looking at our playoff semi - in hindsight, I reckon being at home would've been the better choice for us and I reckon we'd have gone through on that. We looked completely solid at their ground apart from a daft mistake, at least being at home you can go out without thinking you have to reduce a deficit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I think being at home first will provide them the advantage, it'll probably be 2-1. 

Looking at our playoff semi - in hindsight, I reckon being at home would've been the better choice for us and I reckon we'd have gone through on that. We looked completely solid at their ground apart from a daft mistake, at least being at home you can go out without thinking you have to reduce a deficit. 

I'd be interested to see if that has an effect, statistically, on who wins Play-off semi-finals. On paper you'd expect to favour the team that plays the home leg second because they would've finished higher in the league, but we all know that often doesn't happen. I'd like to see the stats though to see if there really is an advantage or not.

39 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I tend to agree. 

Think going into the second leg with something to hold onto helps. 

Helped us in the two semi finals we were successful in. 

• Like 1

It is indeed set up nice for them.

They get to play at home first at 3pm on a Saturday.

Forest play on a Tuesday night at home.

Although our atmosphere was great, I think it would've been even better if we played 3pm Saturday. Fans can get oiled and give it their all without being tired from work in the day or having to go easy because of work the morning after.

If the dates are set and playing home second is a 'reward' for finishing higher, then that team's manager should get to pick to play home or away first as the reward instead.