West Bromwich Albion V Sheffield Wednesday: OMDT

50 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Bannan says there is no relegation clause in the contract, i don't think he said anything about a release clause. Two completely separate things in football.

Kind of funny though for DC, spends months resigning Bannan, does not bother with Reach, Lees, Shaw, Urhoghide. Then Bannan leave for a small fee and all of the other that probably would have stayed and improved the squad we currently have are off to other teams on frees.

You seriously think Reach, Lees etc would have stayed? Reach & Lees were offered new deals. I will be disappointed if I don't see Bannan play another competitive game for us but don't have the same feelings about Reach at all. 

If we get £1M for a player that could have left this summer for nothing then that is a bonus isn't it? 

1 minute ago, Suzuki_San said:

E6vPLnWXIBQSDQ4.jpg.adf2b937c80d4dc1b618b52101761bec.jpg

I actually like that starting 11. Good to see Iorfa and Hutchinson paired up, as well as Luongo back in the frame too. No patto though in the squad though.

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Palmer leaving?

Conspiracy theory time but I’d seen on here and online that Palmer and Paterson both wanted out. Maybe the proposed Borner thing has triggered their possible departures??

I’m just off to get some tin foil. 😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

No Palmer, Borner or Patterson either. Wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t see Borner play for us again. 

Devastating! 

1 hour ago, REDOWL said:

If only we some of the calibre that was with us just over thirty years ago.This is from the match day programme of 24 November 1990, W.B.A v Sheffield Wednesday in the Barclays League Division 2.. We won 2-1 with goals from Trevor Francis and  Peter Shirtlff. Interesting to note Colin West (that penalty) and Gary Bannister in the W.B.A team that day.

IMG_20210720_115601 (295x450).jpg

Was that the one where we were 1-0 down until the last 5 minutes, then scored rwo? I went absolutely nuts, as did the whole away end. One of my favourite away trips ever.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Bannan says there is no relegation clause in the contract, i don't think he said anything about a release clause. Two completely separate things in football.

Kind of funny though for DC, spends months resigning Bannan, does not bother with Reach, Lees, Shaw, Urhoghide. Then Bannan leave for a small fee and all of the other that probably would have stayed and improved the squad we currently have are off to other teams on frees.

He said if we went down his future was completely up to the club... doesn't suggest any sort of clause.. 

20 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Conspiracy theory time but I’d seen on here and online that Palmer and Paterson both wanted out. Maybe the proposed Borner thing has triggered their possible departures??

I’m just off to get some tin foil. 😁

I was thinking the same thing. Could be a coincidence but I doubt it?