West Bromwich Albion V Sheffield Wednesday: OMDT

52 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surprised the players in on trial aren’t starting so Moore could have a proper look at them. 

Depends if the club have any intentions of signing any of them. You dont take loan players on trial ala the lad from Fulham. You take them on loan it not like hes a free agent.

47 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think trials are one of the crappest things ever. Which players at this level are ever good when on trial? Waste of time for me. 

18 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

How else will you know if they’re any good on grass?

20 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Yeah best to sign them unseen 

this has a familiar ring to something that happened between Mr Francis and Mr Cantona in the 90’s

the rest is history…..

36 minutes ago, ashamanic said:

Seems to be a front three of Adedoyin, Shodipo and Windass. Windass scores goals, but he's not really a traditional striker

Still, if Liverpool cand something similar with Mane, Salah and Firmino, it can work.  It's possible that to do this, you need players of their quality, rather than the type we have.

Post of the week comparing out front three to £350m worth of international talent.😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think trials are one of the crappest things ever. Which players at this level are ever good when on trial? Waste of time for me. 

I think they have their place, if you're looking to bring a couple of lads in to round out a squad or compete in a couple of spots to see if they can develop.

We need first team players. The idea of us picking up a first team quality addition this late in the day on trial seems.. ambitious. Then again, the bar is pretty low.

Just don't expect anything going into this season 

We've got to stay in this league and probably look to go again next season 

With weeks to go before the new season, no keeper, no depth, no real proven signings - what are people expecting?! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Just don't expect anything going into this season 

We've got to stay in this league and probably look to go again next season 

With weeks to go before the new season, no keeper, no depth, no real proven signings - what are people expecting?! 

To be fair. What are people really expected against a team that was in the Premier League last season. Had it been 2-0 us now. I am sure this post would read very differently.

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Same old story, can’t score, can’t keep clean sheets. These things need to be addressed now, not in the last days of the transfer window. 

Agree, but it's been the same story for the last two years (at least), we started last season with two incompetent GK's and only Rhodes on the books as a recognised striker (then inexplicably didn't play him for most of the season). So far we've regressed even on that, still no competent GK and now no strikers whatsoever at the club!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

To be fair. What are people really expected against a team that was in the Premier League last season. Had it been 2-0 us now. I am sure this post would read very differently.

No excuse we should be beating the likes of these😂

• Haha 3