West Bromwich Albion V Sheffield Wednesday: OMDT

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Just don't expect anything going into this season 

We've got to stay in this league and probably look to go again next season 

With weeks to go before the new season, no keeper, no depth, no real proven signings - what are people expecting?! 

This is the stuff people were saying last season and the season before. 'This year isn't the one...next year will be the one'. And each time we decline and get ourselves into worse financial situations. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Friendly reminder to all those losing it over this result....

We don't have to play West Brom next season.

Friendly reminder we’ve scored 1 goal in 270 minutes of football against Alfreton, Barnsley and West Brom.

Even your man Tony Pulis would be wanting more goals than that 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Our Twitter mentions us having numerous  good chances yet zero on their thread , pinch of salt n all that

Kim Jong Il writes our Twitter feed from North Korea - I've just read we "won 4-0" and "WBA were weak like Western infidels", it then just ends with "All hail the supreme leader" - whatever that means.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Friendly reminder we’ve scored 1 goal in 270 minutes of football against Alfreton, Barnsley and West Brom.

It’s worse than that. You forgot Chester.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Chances on goal and even how many goals you score doesn't always tell you how the game went.

Saw us get battered at home to Udders in the cup once and we beat them 3-0.

Saw us batter Southampton at their place and lose 5-0

We've never lost 5-0 to Southampton, either home or away.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/sheffield-wednesday/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Southampton/

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Didn't we fool Chester though?

lol

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Chances on goal and even how many goals you score doesn't always tell you how the game went.

It's all about results at the end, absolutely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brissy-owl said:

Gone are the days I was so excited for that 1st game of the season , I have zero interest 

I’m still interested - it’s just that my interest this season is laced with apprehension, not the usual anticipation.

We’re nowhere near ready for the first game of the season

• Like 1

None of us know how good/bad we were today because the game was played behind closed doors. 

We’ve lost against a club that was in the PL last season and will be looking to get straight back there with their new highly rated manager. The squad they put out today cost about £50m, ours cost about £2m. 

It’s a run out to build fitness. There’s 6 weeks to go until the end of the transfer window. Plenty of time to panic, but now is not that time

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

5-1, I was there!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

5-1, I was there!

Weirdest game ever. We were all over them, took lead in first half the just before HT they got two in a minute. Dodgy free kick that they scored direct from then a nothing cross that hit Gavin Oliver's foot and left Hodge stranded.

Second half we went at them like crazy and they kept punishing us on the counter.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

None of us know how good/bad we were today because the game was played behind closed doors. 

We’ve lost against a club that was in the PL last season and will be looking to get straight back there with their new highly rated manager. The squad they put out today cost about £50m, ours cost about £2m. 

It’s a run out to build fitness. There’s 6 weeks to go until the end of the transfer window. Plenty of time to panic, but now is not that time

No mate its 11 days until the season starts.

This end of the transfer window crap, myself and most of the fans base are sick of the excuse.

Players need to be in for game 1 not game 7, they need to be match fit not arriving with no pre seas and unfit

Unprepared for the new season means another season of fight to stay in the division instead of fighting to get out of it.

No more excuse the other 23  teams in the league are in the same boat as us with finances yet they are bringing players in and getting ready for game 1.

• Like 2