West Bromwich Albion V Sheffield Wednesday: OMDT

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surprised the players in on trial aren’t starting so Moore could have a proper look at them. 

I think trials are one of the crappest things ever. Which players at this level are ever good when on trial? Waste of time for me. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Was that the one where we were 1-0 down until the last 5 minutes, then scored rwo? I went absolutely nuts, as did the whole away end. One of my favourite away trips ever.

Relive it mate on You Tube.....happy days.

Screenshot_2021-07-20-13-53-42-165 (450x185).jpg

• Like 1

Seems to be a front three of Adedoyin, Shodipo and Windass. Windass scores goals, but he's not really a traditional striker

Still, if Liverpool cand something similar with Mane, Salah and Firmino, it can work.  It's possible that to do this, you need players of their quality, rather than the type we have.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Palmer, Paterson and Borner off?

Probably, we know Borner wants to leave, been interest in Palmer before (and maybe explains the Hunt link), Paterson too may want a move to get back in the Scotland squad. Borner and Paterson no loss, given Borner's wish to leave and not sure where to play Paterson anyway. Palmer will be a loss (maybe not to some) but he's a solid experienced player and good to have round, maybe needs a fresh start though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REDOWL said:

If only we some of the calibre that was with us just over thirty years ago.This is from the match day programme of 24 November 1990, W.B.A v Sheffield Wednesday in the Barclays League Division 2.. We won 2-1 with goals from Trevor Francis and  Peter Shirtlff. Interesting to note Colin West (that penalty) and Gary Bannister in the W.B.A team that day.

IMG_20210720_115601 (295x450).jpg

I was there that day, brilliant away day and the Wednesday end went mental at the end. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, ashamanic said:

Seems to be a front three of Adedoyin, Shodipo and Windass. Windass scores goals, but he's not really a traditional striker

Still, if Liverpool cand something similar with Mane, Salah and Firmino, it can work.  It's possible that to do this, you need players of their quality, rather than the type we have.

Comparing Paterson to Firmino 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think trials are one of the crappest things ever. Which players at this level are ever good when on trial? Waste of time for me. 

Don't follow the Ossett game tonight.

I think the trialist bloke will be playing a few positions.

40 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Moore sort of agrees.  He said they were looking at longer trials, rather than the come in, play a game and leave which are apparently more traditional