West Bromwich Albion V Sheffield Wednesday: OMDT

15 minutes ago, Pressman 1 said:

Another good workout not expecting us to win but we need to start getting an idea of our first 11 together with only 2 weeks to go 

Workout is what it is, more minutes in the legs. But without a competent GK or any Strikers, can't be anything other than that, either tactically or from a competitive point of view. 

Moore seems to have already decided some of our youngsters aren't ready even for L1. Let's hope that kick starts some loans out and recruitment on top of what is already urgently needed.

The Owls head to the Midlands on Tuesday for the latest leg of pre-season with a behind closed doors contest with West Brom.

Ex-WBA boss Darren Moore is looking forward to renewing some old acquaintances before getting down to business at the hosts’ training ground.

Moore said: “This is even tougher again after Barnsley on Saturday. West Brom came down from the Premier League last season so they have a world of experience.

“We want the volume to increase and when that happens it identifies to coaches and staff areas of your game you need to work on. These teams test you and stretch you and that’s what you need in pre-season.

“I saw one or two old faces at another of my former clubs at the weekend and I’ll see one or two on Tuesday. But the focus is about us in terms of the fitness and the detail we need for the start of the season.”

The friendly fixture with West Brom kicks off at 2.00pm and you can keep up to date across our digital channels before, during and after the game.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, Greengrass said:

Take note Lord Snooty.

Best one ever.

Prefer ones like this to all the guff but each to their own

19 minutes ago, MrEdwards said:

Wonder if Bannan will be involved if his clause has actually been 'activated'. 

Hope he gives 60 minutes to his 1st choice 11 today. 

Wonder if Moore thinks Hunt can step up to replace Bannan. 

Shall we ask Kagoshima Owl? 

What clause is there to activate according to the player isn't one

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, akbuk said:

What clause is there to activate according to the player isn't one

Bannan says there is no relegation clause in the contract, i don't think he said anything about a release clause. Two completely separate things in football.

Kind of funny though for DC, spends months resigning Bannan, does not bother with Reach, Lees, Shaw, Urhoghide. Then Bannan leave for a small fee and all of the other that probably would have stayed and improved the squad we currently have are off to other teams on frees.

• Haha 1

If only we some of the calibre that was with us just over thirty years ago.This is from the match day programme of 24 November 1990, W.B.A v Sheffield Wednesday in the Barclays League Division 2.. We won 2-1 with goals from Trevor Francis and  Peter Shirtlff. Interesting to note Colin West (that penalty) and Gary Bannister in the W.B.A team that day.

IMG_20210720_115601 (295x450).jpg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Bannan says there is no relegation clause in the contract, i don't think he said anything about a release clause. Two completely separate things in football.

Kind of funny though for DC, spends months resigning Bannan, does not bother with Reach, Lees, Shaw, Urhoghide. Then Bannan leave for a small fee and all of the other that probably would have stayed and improved the squad we currently have are off to other teams on frees.

I think Chansiri sees Bannan as a long term fixture at the club, probably coaching or managing 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, MrEdwards said:

Wonder if Bannan will be involved if his clause has actually been 'activated'. 

Hope he gives 60 minutes to his 1st choice 11 today. 

Wonder if Moore thinks Hunt can step up to replace Bannan. 

Shall we ask Kagoshima Owl? 

Not a chance!