Sky sports news - Barry Bannan on his way for £1 Million

4 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

I can’t see it being true. I remember after the contract was signed he confirmed there was no release clause in his contract. Pretty sure if it was 1 million there would have been way more interest and wouldn’t still be here in July. 

He was probably being a bit crafty, there probably wasn't a release clause if we stayed in the Championship.

6 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

I can’t see it being true. I remember after the contract was signed he confirmed there was no release clause in his contract. Pretty sure if it was 1 million there would have been way more interest and wouldn’t still be here in July. 

Yeah, I remember the same. Also agree that he’d have been snapped up by now. The only thing I can think of, which is maybe a bit far fetched, is that he answered a specific question about a relegation release clause. Maybe it’s just a general release clause? Maybe be was just being a bit cute with his answer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

1 million would be daylight robbery. Surely the club wouldn’t be so stupid as to only have a million release clause!

What if Bannan wouldn’t agree to anything more that a £1m release clause? Not necessarily the case of the club being stupid? Maybe it’s a case of the club being smart?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

1 million would be daylight robbery. Surely the club wouldn’t be so stupid as to only have a million release clause!

Mmm let me think... surely the club woudnt be so stupid... 

Just now, gizzit said:

Mmm let me think... surely the club woudnt be so stupid... 

More stupid to let him go for nothing when his contract expired last season.

Seems a decent option for both parties to me. High enough so that we get at least something and low enough so that it doesn't prize him out of a move.

• Like 6

Guest Andy W
9 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

As much as I like BB and wish him all the best whether he stays or goes, he's really not at PL level 

No way is he PL..not even close

But nore than happy if he goes..anywhere reallly

3 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

If that was the case DM would know he would be gone so would not make sense him being in his plans if he won't be here. Also i am sure DM would have wanted it sorted asap.

He is still picking Borner