Barnsley vs SWFC - Official Matchday Thread (12pm kick off)

13 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Bonnington has got a mountain to climb to be ready for the first team.

Binning ton is a very good prospect but we can’t push him in because we are shocking in that respect. He needs a year in the 23s

i just don’t understand why we haven’t had any actual CF’s in on trial, there are plenty out there surely we could have had a look at a few 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Watto said:

Promotion are you having a laugh ?

I expect no higher than 10th 

Think you’re right with the squad we have right  now…..but that must be as obvious to Moore and the recruiters as it is to the rest of us. Three in over the last week, if we can get another three in, decent  keeper and a couple of reasonable strikers I’ll be very disappointed if we’re not around the top six by April next year.

12 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Binning ton is a very good prospect but we can’t push him in because we are shocking in that respect. He needs a year in the 23s

i just don’t understand why we haven’t had any actual CF’s in on trial, there are plenty out there surely we could have had a look at a few 

True, Bonnington looks talented but is mile away from been ready for first team football. 

Anyone knows if our U-18's played Everton today as advertised? 

We desperately need an experienced keeper to come in and settle the back line, I’d rather we give Nicky Weaver a squad number then start with Dawson or Wildsmith.

Looking at out of contract players, I “think” Lee Camp and Andy Lonergan are both put of contract this summer.

I’d take both of them here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rev Owl said:

So maybe if the critique is of Darren Moore the question could be asked what could be done instead?

Anyone can shout Boo!

The genius is to look at the same situation and come up with a better answer.

Unless of course there isn’t one.

Then it’s fine to just shout Boo! 

lol

• Haha 1

I have just seen that we lost 2-0, but how did we play? We seem to have lots of options in the middle, but no real quality at either end. Its more than a little bit worrying not to have any strikers again. Did the old guard defence concede the goals, or the new lads? I have not been impressed with Dunkey since he arrived and Botnet fills me with dread, but I hoped these games would be used to get our young defenders playing together as a unit. Ah well, hopefully it will all click before we lose too many points and we can manage to stay up. Been going on about getting a striker before and after the signings of Paterson that bloke from Derby and Kachunga (and Fletcher prior to that). None of them capable of scoring more than a dozen in the championship, but in league one it could be a bit easier. If Hagan doesnt score a few this year they can stop telling us about his potential and do what they should have done years ago and bring a proper striker in.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

We desperately need an experienced keeper to come in and settle the back line, I’d rather we give Nicky Weaver a squad number then start with Dawson or Wildsmith.

Looking at out of contract players, I “think” Lee Camp and Andy Lonergan are both put of contract this summer.

I’d take both of them here.

I said take Camp deffo,and got told hes shyte,he ain't he was 3rd choicest man u..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

You can’t blame individual errors on coaching all the time though. Eventually a player has to step up and admit they’re not at the level required. Unfortunately handing them 4 year contracts means they don’t really need to worry about whether they’re at the required level, or not. 

This is the problem with longer contracts with younger players yet plenty want us to give them out to all our youngsters??

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, malek said:

True, Bonnington looks talented but is mile away from been ready for first team football. 

Anyone knows if our U-18's played Everton today as advertised? 

The U18’s was cancelled. Be interesting to see if the Ossett game is cancelled Tuesday.

I hear none of our young pros have even trained with the 1st team this pre season. As you say Bonnington and the other lads would be miles off 1st team consideration this early but surely should be involved in some training sessions.

We wonder why youngsters never progress at this club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

I’m sick of seeing goal keeper errors from them both. We need 2 new keepers for sure

I'd take a Crossley or a Bywater any day. I'd like someone with experience. There must be someone about who wouldn't want a high wage. 

22 minutes ago, brando said:

I said take Camp deffo,and got told hes shyte,he ain't he was 3rd choicest man u..

Lee Camp has had more clubs than Tiger Woods, but Man Utd ain't one of them.

Lee Grant on the other hand has just signed a contract extension at Man Utd,

14 minutes ago, Bob Stryker said:

The U18’s was cancelled. Be interesting to see if the Ossett game is cancelled Tuesday.

I hear none of our young pros have even trained with the 1st team this pre season. As you say Bonnington and the other lads would be miles off 1st team consideration this early but surely should be involved in some training sessions.

We wonder why youngsters never progress at this club. 

Thanks a lot for information.

Hope we will at least treat likes of Cadamarteri and Shipston who are both supposed to be ultra talented different or they will follow in footsteps of Urhoghide and Shaw at first opportunity.

• Like 1